PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Pirate101 Movement Simplified

Greetings,

I keep seeing people talk about movement in terms of patterns you have to memorize and needlessly complex equations. It's actually much simpler than that.

A square in any direction that is not diagonal is equal to 1 movement.

A square in a diagonal direction is equal to 1.5 movement.

Each unit has a movement value it can spend each turn. Here are some of the more common values:

Nausica - 7 movement
    Fan Flanders - 6.5 movement
    Contessa - 6 movement
    El Toro - 5.5 movement
    Sarah Steal 5 movement
    Ratbeard 4.5 movement

Don't over complicate this guys. It's really simple.

Napoleguin,

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearsomeRubberDucky For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (10-25-2020),RealDux (10-25-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: Pirate101 Movement Simplified

Ya know, it really can be that simple, but at the same time, not exactly, because of inconsistency in the game.

With how you note it..... (some examples)
    Elusive 2+ gives +2 Movement, consistent with in-game information. (2 vs 2)
    Fast 3 gives 2.5 Movement, which is not consistent with in-game information. (2.5 vs 5)
    Movement Doubloon (Level 60) gives 3.5 Movement, which is not consistent with in-game information. (3.5 vs 7)
    (Okay, you wouldn't use this in PvP, but I'm putting it here for completion.)

Compared to my method of noting Movement, yours is simpler and allows for in-the-moment decisions (mostly applicable in PvP), while mine takes a more technical approach and goes into more detail (moreso for understanding of what happens and explaining inconsistencies).
    [Are there any other methods for noting Movement?]

[As for people mentioning the use / memorization of patterns, I think that's how they remember / understand the information.]

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Pirate101 Movement Simplified

Good catch on the inconsistent notation between fast and elusive. Seems to be a trend in this game.

It's best to look at what the game actually does, and not what it says it does. If this principle is used, the movement values is the best method for everything in the game. It also simplifies things when obstacles are involved.

PvP is merely the perfection of ideas through the scrutiny of competition. It's like having a scientific community to peer review your work. It's the same game for both PvE and PvP, it's just the PvPers understand it better because they fight intelligent humans rather than the lack luster AI.