PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

In-Game Comparison: Haywire Pistoleer Set v. Nefarious Novablaster

Hello.

I had an interesting observation earlier today......

Apparently, the game seems to think that the Nefarious Novablaster is a better Weapon than the Haywire Pistoleer Set.....
    The game shows this with the popup [at top-right] you get to equip the Novablaster when you obtain it.....

Here's a picture that shows this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haywire Pistoleer Set vs Nefarious Novablaster.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	931.9 KB 
ID:	76711

Despite having less Weapon Power and a Power that is significantly worse, the game suggests to use the Nefarious Novablaster over the Haywire Pistoleer Set....
    I wonder why....

Someone I was talking to earlier today said that the reason might be that the Nefarious Novablaster grants one rank of True Grit, but even then, anyone who tries to play Musketeer optimally would choose the Haywire Pistoleer Set over the Nefarious Novablaster if those two weapons were the only choices.....

It makes me wonder just what the game's method of determining better weapons [than equipped] is.....

Either way, thanks for reading!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-10-2020),RealDux (12-11-2020),Willowdreamer (12-10-2020)

Shanky0 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: In-Game Comparison: Haywire Pistoleer Set v. Nefarious Novablaster

I have two theories. Either it takes into account Epic Talents before the damage value and it doesn't check for Powers OR it somehow has leftover code from the common Armada Pistols obtained in Marleybone (making it technically lower level than the Novablaster in the eyes of the game).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shanky0 For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (12-10-2020),Willowdreamer (12-10-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: In-Game Comparison: Haywire Pistoleer Set v. Nefarious Novablaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shanky0 View Post
    I have two theories. Either it takes into account Epic Talents before the damage value and it doesn't check for Powers OR it somehow has leftover code from the common Armada Pistols obtained in Marleybone (making it technically lower level than the Novablaster in the eyes of the game).
    I went and briefly swapped around some stuff around the same level with some other characters.
    At the moment, I believe that it's probably that Epic Talents have some sort of perceived value over a lack of them when it comes to weapons.

The game said that for my Buccaneer, the Haywire Armada Greatsword (250 WP, STR-based) was worse of a weapon than the Bound Oni's Bulwark (205 WP, Will-based)....
    So, there definitely is some preference towards the weapon granting an Epic than not granting an Epic....

Honestly, I'm not sure where to even start with this testing because there are several different factors (likely including class).....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (12-10-2020)