Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

2020 Holiday Creative Writing Contest

Greetings pirates from all around the Spiral!

It is time for some holiday short story writing fun!

Rules

• 1 entry per person
    • All entries must be unique and not copied from someone or somewhere else.
    • Entries should be no more than 800 words, but if you go slightly over you will not be penalized.
    • Each entry should involve some sort of holiday theme.
    • This contest will run from 12/20 to 12/27 ending at 11:59pm central time.
    • If you have any questions about the contest, contact me via private message or on my profile.

Prizes

• 1st Place - 20,000 Crowns + BAAR and Ninja Pig Companion
    • 2nd Place - 10,000 Crowns + choice between BAAR and Ninja Pig Companion
    • 3rd Place - 5,000 Crowns + companion 2nd place did not pick

We at P101 Central are wishing each and everyone a happy and safe holiday and new year!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

MulishMoose (12-24-2020),RealDux (12-21-2020)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Re: 2020 Holiday Creative Writing Contest

A Skull Island Christmas by monkeycrew

It was the Yuletide season once again in Skull Island, something our Black Wolf Bowman did not normally tend to with this crew. Usually, his celebrations were quiet, private, and hidden away from others. His heart was not cold; he just did not know nor want to show his true one. That is, until he saw her.

He saw her frequently around the main island, dressed in pink, green, and white. He did not know her name, but knew everything else about her, even without ever speaking to this mysterious pirate. Wolf felt she was his "other half", as he confessed to his best mate, Subodai.

He finally found the best opportunity to get acquainted with her, and that was Skull Island's first annual Secret Santa event! But for Wolf, he had to find out her name to get her a special present. It was long and complicated, but through his loyal crew he found out her name was Teresa.

The Yuletide presents throughout Skull Island Wolf loved to open and find out what prizes he would find, be it gold, furniture, or special accessories. What would a girl like? He thought. Bonnie Anne likes beautiful tinkets; I should look for something like those.

The days coming to the Secret Santa distribution Wolf looked and looked around the island, even going as to nearly forget his companions' orders. But he had gotten, perhaps, wrapped up in his own quest.

While looking for presents, suddenly, he was confronted by a girl. It was Teresa.

"I've seen you on this route a few times now," she said, "what's your hurry?"

Wolf had to think of a reason quick. "Oh!" he replied, "Just looking for decorations for my house. I'm Wolf... Teresa, right?"

The two shook hands. Teresa replied, "Yes. How do you know my name?"

She began to put two and two together. She immediately knew what he was up to... and she felt the same back!

"Well, I'll have to be going now. I'll see you later, Wolf."

"See you." Wolf said, his voice drifting off but focusing on his mission once again.

The Secret Santa gift exchange finally had come. Some volunteers were collecting all the gifts from anonymous givers and Wolf proudly gave his for Teresa to them, waiting to see if she would come. He looked far and wide, the edges of town to even the Ancient Tunnel cave, but stood patiently as they called out names of everyone who was eagerly waiting for their gifts and givers to feel the joy of a little generosity.

Suddenly, as he was about to go back to his bunkhouse, he heard his own name be called.

"Black Wolf Bowman?" a scurvy dog announced.

It was a present for himself! But who could it have been from? Teresa? An old friend? A prank gift from his crew? He could only find out by taking it and unwrapping it. Upon doing this, he heard Teresa's name called as well, and saw where she stood in his view and watched her unwrap her present from him at the same time he did his.

He had given her a special present of a nutcracker he found in a gift box; to her, she gave him a special set of Yuletide daggers.

Both caught each other's eye that had the expression of saying, "This is the best gift anyone could have asked for!", and from that day forth, their friendship knew no bounds.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (12-31-2020)

MulishMoose is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

“A Spiral Yuletide” By Mulish Moose

‘Twas the afternoon before Yuletide, when all through the ship, not a creature was stirring, not even a- well, I guess that wasn’t true. Rather, Morgan’s crewmates were scrambling to determine the perfect gift for their Captain, who was out on an errand.

Bonnie Anne attempted to rein in the boisterous crew, each loudly arguing for their idea.

Subodai was firm that a set of finely crafted shonen knives, directly imported from his homeland, would be the only gift befitting Morgan’s status, and refused to speak further on the subject.

“All the Cap’n needs is a big bag o’ explosives! That’d be enough to make anyone happy!” Ratbeard declared, while Bonnie Anne slowly shook her head in the background.

“I think we ALL know what the captain REALLY wants!” Catbeard interjected, twitching his whiskers as a few members turned to look at him. He rushed on, “She needs a few cans of the finest pickled herring! Mr. Norrington and I used to have one of the best suppliers that can certainly have a shipload here before Yuletide. I’m sure I could work out someth-“ Catbeard was interrupted by Ratbeard’s groan, “Oh, enough already Cap’n Kitty! We don’t need any more pickled herring stinking up the cabins!”

Ignoring Catbeard, the other companions went back to arguing their own ideas. Suddenly, the cabin room’s door was busted open with a heavy thump.
    “Have no fear! Hawkules is here! I have the perfect solution for our dilemma!” The other companions looked warily at each other as Hawkules continued, “I will let Morgan wear my belt for the day! That is a great honor, as it was a gift from my father, Zeu-” Bonnie Anne quickly cut Hawkules off, “Yes, we know, Zeus. Are there ANY other suggestions? We need to have our gift tonight!”

Lucky Jack quietly spoke up from the corner he had been pacing in for the last few minutes. “Well, perhaps we could do something unique for the Captain. Instead of material items, maybe we could work on a project she can remember.” The crewmates chatter died down, and they turned to look and listen.

“What’d ye have in mind, Jack?” asked Ratbeard. “Well,” Jack continued, “It’s awful to know that the Captain no longer has memories of her parents. I thought that maybe we could throw a Yuletide party just like Morgan’s parents used to put on for their crew. We can each bring in a meal from our own homelands for a potluck, decorate the ship thoroughly, sing some carols, and set off some fireworks from the deck.”

Gracie Conrad was the first to chime in, “Fantastic idea Jack!”, and the crew followed with a hearty “Yar!”.

The crew quickly separated to attend to the proposal. Ratbeard put himself in charge of the fireworks, El Toro assembled some carols, and Catbeard ran off to source some pickled herring. Bonnie Anne looked to Jack. “So,” she began, “Where do we start with the decorating?” Jack pushed his hat further back on his head with his right paw, and put his left paw on his hip. "Well, I had a few ideas...”

-----

Several hours later, the stockings were hung on the railing, the grand pine tree was finely decorated with lovely ornaments, and not a spot in the room was unadorned. The main cabin was elegantly decorated with bright lanterns and hanging snowflake ornaments. Garland was draped across any ledge present. The grand meeting table was filled with a smorgasbord of dishes. Hot Buttered Yum, Albion Eggs, Fresh Battacuda, and of course, Pickled Herring were just a few of the fine platters featured. Hawkules had even brought Frojan Mousse for dessert!

Lucky Jack surveyed the décor and meals with a contented expression. The crew had settled down from the bustle of getting everything ready, and they were now holding conversations while setting on couches. “It looks very much like something the Captain’s parents would have set up.” Jack said to Bonnie Anne. She nodded, smiling.

-----

Soon, the Captain’s steps were heard as she boarded the ship, and the crew went silent. The cabin door creaked open, and as Morgan stepped through, the crew called out “Merry Yuletide!” Morgan was stunned for just a moment. Then her eyes and smile expressed her delight, as words failed to be formed in the moment.

The night’s festivities went on just as well as Jack had hoped. Laughter was abundant, Ratbeard set off some beautiful fireworks, the buffet was quickly demolished, and the night died out with joyful and hearty carols. “… Two hopping Troggies, and an ostrich in a pear tree!” was sang with gusto, and could be heard throughout the port.

Yes, this was a fine present for the Captain, and this Yuletide would not soon be forgotten.

-----

Word Count: 799
    Notes:
    Parts of this short story referenced:
    “A Visit from St. Nicholas” (‘Twas the Night Before Christmas”) by Clement Clark Moore (Public Domain)
    “The Twelve Days of Christmas” By Frederic Austin (Public Domain)
    And of course, Pirate101 by KingsIsle Entertainment

-----
    Thanks for hosting a contest!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MulishMoose For This Useful Post:

Jenna SwiftGem is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

"A Tale of Two Santas" by Jenna SwiftGem

His name was Santa Caws. He liked making young Pirates and Wizards happy. When he settle in his sleigh, accompanied by a single ravendeer, Crowdolph, he felt the brisk breeze hit his bearded beak. They soared over the night sky, throwing presents at chimneys precariously, yet without worry that they will break. You may know who he is, you most likely have heard of him. There is, but one thing: His name is not Santa Caws. That is his alias. He is Imric Gloomlight, renowned Raven and Cryptkeeper of The Hall of the Ice Forge in the chilly world of Grizzleheim.

The Twelfth Day of the Spiral had arrived. Young Wizards and Pirates were anxiously awaiting their gifts to arrive through their holiday chimneys. There were only two people, however, who knew what possible chaos could be about to ensue all over.

The first is Imric himself, or, Santa Caws.

The second is Santa Caws' captor, an elusive and mighty Pirate called Boochbeard.

"Where are you taking me," a panic-stricken Santa cawed, as Boochbeard tied him up and put him on his petty ship.

"I be tired of ye," Boochbeard answered. "Ye be given' gifts to all deserving Wizards, yet Pirate kids be forgot'n!"

You see, Boochbeard had had enough of the apparent favouritism Santa Caws showed every year on the Twelfth Day of the Spiral Yuletidings. What had he had enough in particular?

"Ye nev'r give the Pirates of Av'ry's Court pres'nts!" Boochbeard exclaimed as he prepared a cannon for blasting the Raven to the Presidio.

"You don't understand!" Santa cawed. "Let me explain; Pirates do not get any presents because they are always NAUGHTY!"

Boochbeard pivoted ever so slightly, and brought out a plank. "What do ye do with all of thes' pres'nts then?" Boochbeard was loosening the ties he had used on Santa. "Half o' the Spiral is no' getten' any, wher' do they go? I knows Ravens like to collect shiny stuff, but arr ye really that much of a traitorous raven, you cuckoo?!"

Santa cawed. He had no idea how to get out of the situation he was in. As he was suddenly walking the plank, he turned and made loud caws. "Caws! Caws! Caws! They all get donated to a good caws. I mean cause!"

Boochbeard froze. His eyes shot wide open. "Yerr sayin' ye donate thes' lil' kids' gifts?"

Santa craned his neck. "Yes, that is what I am saying," he began. "They go to the Old Boz Orphanage in Marleybone, you know the one for wayward kids not unlike your pirates?"

Boochbeard suddenly sat still.

"Your Pirate kids all go out and plunder and loot treasure, they have all the riches in the Spiral!" Santa started. "Look, I'm raven about donating, it's the best thing to do." He looked at Boochbeard with a begging look and asked, "What's your deepest wish?"

Boochbeard didn't hesitate. "Ta' spread joy, an' see the ultimate destruction of the Armada, the Troggs, the Cutthroat pirates, the Crustacean Pirates, the..." As Boochbeard trailed off, Santa started taking off his ill-fitting robes and odd beard. Boochbeard hadn't noticed. As he started to resemble Imric more than Santa, he cawed once again.

"Be Santa Caws, take over for me!"

Boochbeard widened his eyes.

"We'll change your name to Santa Claus since you do not caw."

Boochbeard sat for a moment and yondered over ponder on this wonder. Could he be Santa Claus?

"I'll do it, but only on one condition," he said.

"What's that?" Imric asked.

"Ye'll be the ravendeer steering this sleigh," he said as he mustered up a bellowing laugh.

The two unlikely comrades reconciled. A rather stressed Imric seemed happy to be free of his duties as Santa Caws. As they began on their journey throughout the Spiral, Imric was feeling down. Eventually he would have to tell Boochbeard that he had earned his wings from the previous Santa, the one called Santa Claws.

You see, in the Spiral, Santa is not real. Santa is a person, who's deemed fit to take over the old rags from the previous Santa by showing his willingness to spread joy, cheer and laughter. He will be faced with many difficult decisions, but he will not be taken for granted, ever. Santa is simply a myth, perpetuated by the goodness of people, by their generosity and their giving spirits.

Eventually, Boochbeard would come to realise this, as well as any other person, whose alias was once Santa.

This is not what's important, however. Santa is only imagined as one person, but out in the real Spiral, he is every generous being.

As the two rode off on the sleigh, something in the corner of Boochbeards eye caught his attention. Could it be.. Was it really.. a pirate with Kane's robe?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenna SwiftGem For This Useful Post:

maple9300 is offline Deckhand

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

giving christmas

It was that time of the year again, Christmas night, in which a joyful ambience filled the skyways yet again. However, it was an ambience that could never reach the captain’s spirits. For every year on that night, he would mourn the loss of his dearly beloved—his parents. Downing a bottle of yum in his dark office, he sat there, cross-armed, laying on his desk.

There was a knock at the door. It was Bonnie.

“How’re you feeling, captain?” she asked, concern in her voice.

“Like I always do, every year on this day. It’ll pass,” he mumbled in response.

“You can’t be like this every year, captain!” Bonnie scolded, walking up to the desk and snatching the bottle away. “A night stroll and some fresh air oughta do you some good.”

Though irked by Bonnie’s usual nagging, she was right. He got up and grabbed a jacket on his way out.

“And captain, what do we do with these...presents?” She eyed the large pile of wrapped boxes on the deck.

“I’ll figure something out,” he answered, and jumped off the ship.

The captain aimlessly wandered the streets and alleys of the Isle of Dogs, a bottle of yum in hand. There, he came across a street vendor scolding a young boy.

“How’re you gonna pay for that bread, you little brat?!” barked the angry vendor.

“It was just a little bread! It’s not like anyone was buying it anyway—” the kid retorted. The captain chuckled to himself.

“Why you—!”

“Excuse me, sir?” interrupted the captain. “Here’s something to pay that off,” he began, tossing the merchant a gold coin. “Let him off, would ya?”

The vendor, who’d lifted the kid by the collar, let him go. The captain observed the boy’s features. Ragged clothes, from head to toe; disheveled hair; a dirtied face—he was an orphan.

“Thanks mister,” mumbled the boy, quickly chowing down the tavern stew.

“Could I have another bottle?” The captain waved to the barkeep. “So what’s a kid like you doing, stealing from others?”

“Making a living,” he mumbled on, eating spoonfuls of the stew.

“Understandable.” The kid gave him a questioning look in response.

“...I’m a pirate.”

The abrupt words filled the boy’s eyes with a quiet glimmer. “A pirate? Cool...!”

“On that note, here’s a little Christmas present.” He handed the boy a small, neatly-tied cloth bag. Inside was an amulet of a pirate insignia.

“Whoah! Where did you get it?”

“From a grump who was hoarding some stolen toys and presents...but that’s a story for another day,” he laughs. “You seem to admire pirates. Last I checked it wasn’t a profession to be praised. We loot and plunder for a living, you know?”

“But...you guys travel the spiral, right? Pirates are the freest among all the skyways.” The captain looked at the boy in surprise. His words brought upon feelings of nostalgia. They were...familiar.

“I’ve been an orphan for as long as I can remember,” the boy continued. “Though I’ve taken shelter with the Pickpockets. The orphanage is going to be shut down, so we all...left.”

“...you mean the Old Boz Orphanage?”

“Yeah.” Spoonful of stew in hand, the kid paused, staring at the bowl before him, pondering. “Y’know, my dream is to travel the spiral. I don’t wanna be stuck in this backwater town forever—I wanna see what more is out there.”

“Where are you taking me, mister?” the boy asked in eager excitement.

“Just keep your eyes covered,” urged the captain. “I wanna show you something.”

He led the boy up the ship and onto the deck, after which they set sail towards the sky’s edge. “You can open them now.”

Upon opening his eyes, the boy was greeted by a vast, Marleybonian night sky.

It was a view that could not be seen surrounded by the tall buildings and smoke-ridden, murky air of the Isle of Dogs; it was a view void of Armada and Marleybonian ships alike, away from the sounds of cannons, shouting, and combat; a view that was indescribable beyond words.

The longer he gazed at the magnificent view, it felt like he could even see other spiral worlds in the distance. “I-I don’t know what to say. It’s...beautiful!”

The captain looked at the boy fondly. “You remind me a lot of myself when I was younger.”

“If only I could join your crew,” the boy muttered.

The captain chuckled. “Maybe when you’re a bit older.”

He gazed at the sky. “There’s nothing for me in this town. As things are now, sometimes...I feel like I don’t know what to do anymore...”

The boy’s crestfallen eyes and expression feigned a smile, but reflected that of despair, a feeling the captain knew all too well. The boy was a kindred soul, one that had aspiring dreams; one who grew up alone, having to fend for himself; one who had experienced the cruelty of the spiral.

Dangling their legs along the edge of the ship, the two continued to look towards the night sky—two kindred souls on a Christmas night.

“I know things feel hopeless now, but trust me. It’ll get better.”

“Thank you.”

“Where’d the kid go?”

“He and all the Pickpockets went back to Old Boz's, along with all those presents we picked up from that job. Guess they didn’t know about its renovation and staying open.”

“You really gotta hand it to Ebeneezer for what he did. All those children at the orphanage will lead better lives now.” Bonnie smiled. “You too, captain. You changed that kid’s life.”

“I didn’t do anything.”

The captain smiled. “But, you were right, Bonnie. Maybe Christmas isn’t so bad after all.”
    Last edited by maple9300; 12-25-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Formatting

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

oraneartheyes is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Hot

A Change of Scenery

One wintery Christmas Eve, two pirates sat by the fire in the sumptuously decorated bunkhouse allotted to them by Captain Avery, drinking spiced yum and swapping tales, toasting all the good loot they had gotten that year. However, as they swapped tales, one of them, the witchdoctor named Silver Samir, noticed the other, Tough Thomas, seemed to be less than enthusiastic. He'd been rather quiet all day, which was odd compared to his usual rowdy, fun-loving demeanor.

“Hey friend, what’s the matter?” asked Samir.

“I don't really know,” admitted Thomas. He’d had a hollow feeling inside him all day, but it felt good to have his friend ask. “I guess… I don't feel as happy as I feel like I should feel. Christmas is a time for cheer, and I'm not feeling cheerful!”

“Well, why don't we go do something that makes you cheerful?” suggested Samir, setting down his glass and leaning forward excitedly. “What is it that makes you happy?”

They locked eyes, and Samir guessed Thomas’s answer as he said it: “Fighting!”

It seemed to take no time at all before they had unbottled their ship and were out on the open skies. The wind in his face already was making Thomas feel better, but no more than the usual anticipation imminent battle always brought him.

“There!” said Samir, pointing at a ship off in the distance with the Cutthroat flag waving atop the mast. Knowing any ship in these skyways would be easy pickings for them, Samir wheeled the ship around, making a beeline for them, as Thomas cracked his knuckles expectantly.

The Cutthroats fired a volley of cannon fire as they approached, but it was no use. While their guns could have blasted the sharks out of the water, Samir held back, as they were in the mood for a good old fashioned brawl. The boarding planks went down, and the two pirates charged at the entire crew of sharks. It really wasn't a fair fight; The sharks should have brought more.

Thomas and Samir smashed their way through the ranks like a battering ram, with Thomas felling a shark with every swing from the axe he had won from the minotaurs in Aquila, and Samir beguiling them with spell after spell. But as Thomas raised his axe above his head for a mighty downward swing, he paused. This wasn't the usual sense of exhilaration that combat usually brought him. It was hollow, just like before.

“This feels wrong,” he says, letting his axe thump down on the deck of the ship (the shark he had been about to bring down on scampering away below decks).

“What does?” asked Samir, twirling his staff and sending a blast of lightning that jumped from shark to shark, knocking out three before fizzling out. “If you want, there's always that Krampus guy, we could go beat him up?”

Thomas shook his head as the rest of the sharks retreated. “No, I mean… This isn't what Christmas is about.”

As the cutthroats ran for cover, Samir sent several tiny red drakes snapping at their heels before straightening up and turning around “So what is it about?”

Thomas looked back at the cowering sharks. “These guys don't look like they're having a very merry Christmas, either. Why don't we fix that for them?”

So instead of ransacking the ship, the two pirates started pulling out lights and wreaths and even some trees Samir had stashed away in his bag, and began setting them up all over the Cutthroats ship, all while the sharks just looked on in confusion as these two pirates who could have easily destroyed them instead started aggressively decorating their ship.

By the time they were done, the ship was unrecognizable, with snowmen and stockings and even a table laden with plates and goblets and turkeys. For the final touch, Thomas pulled out a magical snowglobe and carefully affixed it to the deck before sending the sharks on their way. As they went, a soft curtain of snow began to fall all around the bewildered sharks.

As they picked up speed, the buccaneer smiled. He loved being a pirate, but it warmed his heart to give instead of take this time. “Wow, is this how Santa feels every year?” he asked wondrously.

“There's another ship on the horizon, cap’n,” said Samir, pointing off in the distance. “And I think I have a few presents left in my bag…?”

“Set a course,” said Thomas, his spirit properly ignited. “We have more cheer to spread!”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oraneartheyes For This Useful Post:

Nojow is offline Deck Swabber

• Nojow's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Friendly Jesse Pew
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Red River
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Torn

The Spirit of Receiving Learns to Give

The Spirits of Yuletide return every year, they give out some gifts and spread Christmas cheer, however one spirit was more about jeer, the Spirit of Receiving lived up to his name, he’d only take gifts and never give them away. It seemed like it would take a miracle to change his way.

“You really didn’t help us much back there” snarked the Spirit of Returning. The three spirits had just barely won a battle against some rogue candy canes, and as per usual the Spirit of Receiving provided minimal contributions, and the other spirits were at their wit’s end.

“Well what did you expect? I needed more buffs! Where were my heals, my Whale’s Might, my Fortress, my Battle Zeal, my Raven’s Cry, my Juju, and my Firstmate’s Boon!? You could’ve at least used a doubloon!” yelled the Spirit of Receiving.

“I healed you the whole match, its kind-of my thing” snapped the Spirit of Giving. “You need to help yourself; we cannot do everything.”

“Even if we did would it be enough?” the Spirit of Returning remarked. “You have no epic talents, you’re just not up to snuff.”

“If my teammates were good, I’d do just fine!” cried the Spirit of Receiving as he stomped off.

“Why should I do what they can do for me? If they just gave me more, I am sure we’d do fine. Why are they so upset with me, what could I have done to keep things in line?” on the spirit marched, looking for a sign.

Soon after he stumbled upon a young pirate boy and his mother. The spirit watched as the boy gave his mother a present. “What is that boy doing? Why would he give when he could just receive?” The mother opened the present and yelled out in glee, they hugged, as happy as could be.
    The spirit finally realized where he had been wrong, if he had just tried his best and given it his all, perhaps him and his friends would still get along. They say the Spirit of Receiving’s heart grew six times its size that day, he was more powerful and ready to help his team with buffs or not, and he also learned the Cheap Shot 2 starter talent for some reason.

The Spirit of Receiving rushed back to his friends and found them struggling against some mischievous Christmas Trees. The spirit charged the trees and fended them off with ferocity his friends had never before seen, scaring those pesky trees back to the forest.

“Wow, you really saved our behinds, did you find the buffs you needed?” asked the Spirit of Giving

“No, I just realized it was never about me getting buffs, I just needed to be there giving it my all!”

“About time!” laughed the Spirit of Returning.

And so the Spirits of Yuletide continued their journey, more powerful and ready for the ambushes by various Christmas décor ahead.
    Last edited by Nojow; 12-27-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    I have a signature?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nojow For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (12-31-2020),RealDux (01-08-2021)

LucasQuietly is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Swiping A Holiday Bonus

Ratbeard pulls the signet ring out of his coat. The light of the street lanterns causes the it to glimmer beautifully, especially in comparison to the dreary smokestacks creeping above into the night sky of Marleybone. That smuggler said it used to belong to a family whose name sounded very familiar to Ratbeard, which was enough for him to recklessly purchase it on the spot. While Ratbeard has no clue if this ring is the real deal, he knows that Catbeard should be able to confirm if it is indeed something that belonged to the Captain’s mother.

“And you’re certain you absolutely need me to come with you to go Yuletide shopping?” asks Chantal, prodding him with her sparkshooter.

“I still haven’t found something for the Cap’n,” lies Ratbeard, putting the ring back into his coat. “After all the Cap’n has done for us, I think only the finest Yuletide gift will be good enough. Somethin’…expensive. And I just happen to…recently remember a spot where I have some spare gold. Enough to pick out a proper gift!”

Ratbeard reaches into his coat and pulls out a set of shady looking clothes.

“Now, put this on. If anybody asks, you saw…er…Phantal Dyingstone…accompanied by…eh…Verminus Blightbeard!”

“Do we really need disguises to go Yuletide shopping?” asks Chantal, adjusting her mask.

“Of…of course! We…wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise for the Cap’n if we were seen!”

As they approach the warehouse, Ratbeard searches through his coat and produces a crudely drawn floor plan.

“We go in, we grab the gold, and we leave. After that, I’ll go ahead and buy something very nice for the Cap’n. Although I would’ve preferred just blowing up a hole near the back and-”

“Wait, what?”

“…Which we won’t need to do…since we’re only going in to grab me gold. Legally.”

“You really have gold stored in this warehouse?”, asks Chantal, her eyes squinting at Ratbeard.

He freezes. After thinking for a brief moment, he puffs out his chest with pride.

“All great pirates have gold tucked away throughout the Spiral. Clearly ye still have a lot to learn about proper piratin’!”

The two open the warehouse door and enter. Not even a few minutes pass before the sound of shouting and sparkshooters going off can be heard.

“I thought you said this was your gold!” shouts Chantal as she bursts through the warehouse’s entrance, holding a heaving sack of gold.

“Of course it’s my gold!” retorts Ratbeard, following behind with his blade in hand. “Those warehouse workers were clearly trying to pocket it for themselves!”

As they both rush onto the wooden dock, they see two paths before them.

“You go left, I go right!” shouts Ratbeard. “I’ll find a way out of this!”

Ratbeard looks over to the side as Chantal disappears behind some of the parked ships. A cacophony of creaking wood can be heard behind him as the crowd of warehouse workers focus their pursuit on the scheming rat. Knocking over every pile of crates and barrels he sees, he almost doesn’t hear the sound of a signet ring falling out of his pocket and rolling onto the docks. A few splinters fly from his peg leg as Ratbeard comes to a screeching halt and turns around, hastily swiping at the moving ring with his hook.

After a very brief moment that seemed to last an eternity for Ratbeard, he finally grabs ahold of the ring and returns it to his coat. Only now he realizes that this maneuver has allowed a horde of warehouse workers to corner him. Just when it looks like he has to fight his way out, Ratbeard hears a familiar voice.

“Hey! Over here!”

Ratbeard looks to his left and sees Chantal atop a Royal Navy frigate, the flags of Her Majesty gently flapping in the cool breeze. She lets down a rope ladder, and Ratbeard doesn’t hesitate to leap away onto it as the ship swiftly passes by, leaving the imposing mob behind. As he hoists himself onto the deck, Chantal turns the ship away from the docks and towards the endless sky sea.

“Hijacking a frigate single-handily? I didn’t think ye had it in you!” says Ratbeard, dusting off his coat.

“What are you talking about? One of the dogs on the docks had this ship for sale, and there just happened to be enough gold in your sack to buy it!”

Ratbeard’s eyes dart around the deck, and notices the absence of the large sack.

“You did what?”

“After Gracie wrecked the last frigate the Captain had in that incident with the buffaloon, I thought a new one would make a great Yuletide gift! It’s a good thing you had all of that gold stored away!”

Ratbeard slumps to the floor, his head in his hands.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasQuietly For This Useful Post:

haogaq is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Wampa the Yeti

The story took place in the North Pole. It was December 22nd, three days before Christmas. Wampa the yeti was there, trying to make a fire because it was cold outside. He could not find enough wood because there were barely any trees. In fact, it was so cold that he got goosebumps. He felt lonely there.

Wampa started walking until he found an ice cave. He saw that there was light inside. It was very shiny, with crystals and a river. He walked into the cave and found a little bunny. The bunny said, "W-what are y-you doing here?" Wampa replied, "It is okay. I am just here to find the fire inside this cave." The bunny spoke, "Oh, I do not know. I do not know where the fire is. I am too busy right now. I need to build a shelter. Sorry." Wampa commented, "I will build your shelter if you can make a fire for me." The bunny announced, "I agree, but we need to find materials. We need presents and have to go to the arctic forest. It is outside of the cave. Follow me."

They started walking to the arctic forest. The bunny stated, "The reason I need you to go to the forest is that there are abominable snowmen guarding it." Wampa thought about it and felt brave. He replied, "Okay, I must go there to help you and myself." After a while, they saw the forest. They did not see any snowmen. Maybe those snowmen were hiding. They saw shadows with eyes peering out of them. The bunny reminded Wampa, "We need something to make those snowmen appear. We need a potion. We have to get it from Santa Claus on the icy hill." They could see where Santa Claus lived because the hill was glowing. The journey up the hill was hard. The hill was like a high, icy wave. When they met Santa Claus, he said, “I need yeti fur to give out this potion.” Wampa noted, “I brought some of my furs, and I was wondering if I can trade it for the potion.” Santa Claus stated, “That trade sounds good.” They received the potion from Santa Claus. Wampa commented, “Thank you.” Santa Claus told Wampa, “No problem.” After they got the potion, they went to the forest and the snowmen, who were invisible because they were hiding in the shadows, scared them away. They used the potion to make the snowmen appear from the shadows. Fortunately, Wampa scared the snowmen away.

The bunny and Wampa grabbed four big bundles of presents, along with two pieces of wood from the arctic forest. The bunny wanted to make a shelter, so Wampa helped the bunny to make a shelter for both of them. Then, Santa’s workshop was blocking the bridge where Wampa and the bunny go to the cave, so they asked the magical reindeer to fly for them. The reindeer answered, “I need one bundle of presents if you want me to take you to the right side.” The bunny and Wampa gave another bundle of presents to the reindeer. When they went to the right side of Santa’s workshop, they saw mysterious shadows with glowing eyes. The bunny reached for the potion, but the potion was empty. They had to go back to where Santa Claus was for more potions. They went to the left side of Santa’s workshop and climbed to the icy hill where Santa Claus stood in front of them. Wampa said, “Santa Claus, I need more potions to make those snowmen go away.” Santa Claus replied, “Okay, but this will take an hour. While you wait, I will give you this meal.” The meal consisted of red berries, fish, and chives. Wampa and the bunny ate all of the food before Santa Claus gave them the potion. Santa Claus responded, “I will give you this potion, but make sure to use it only for the snowmen.” The bunny and Wampa yelled, “We will!”

Wampa and the bunny went to the magical reindeer again to swim to the right side of Santa’s workshop. They questioned, “Can you please take us to the other side of Santa’s workshop?” The reindeer replied, “Sure, I can take you to Santa’s workshop, for free.” The reindeer took them to the right side of Santa’s workshop. They used the second potion that Santa Claus gave to them, and the snowmen appeared out of the shadows again. Wampa scared those snowmen again, and they found their way to the shining cave. They communicated, “We are glad that those snowmen are gone.” They built their gingerbread houses from two present bundles, created a campfire inside Wampa’s shelter, and celebrated Yuletide.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to haogaq For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

This contest has ended. I will announce the winners within the next few days and give out prizes.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (12-28-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast