•  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

"#RevivePirate101" Event Planned for 1/24/2021 by W101 Players

Hello all, it's been way too long since posting anything here. I'm usually way more active on W101 Central nowadays, but I saw this a few days ago and wanted to share this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iifoyxjf58a61.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	76753

This is the first time I've ever heard of a large group of W101 players coming together to play P101, and I sincerely hope this event will breathe at least some life back into this game. I hope to see you all then!

Friendly Isaac Inglewood
    Level 70 Swashbuckler Level 70 Musketeer Level 70 Buccaneer Level 70 Witchdoctor Level 70 Privateer

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IsaacInglewood For This Useful Post:

Phenoixblizzard (01-13-2021),Shanky0 (01-13-2021),Willowdreamer (01-15-2021)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

Re: "#RevivePirate101" Event Planned for 1/24/2021 by W101 Players

I have seen that hashtag on twitter a few times. I might take advantage of that timeframe to finish leveling my other pirates. I do have one that's nearly max and another I think is in Cool Ranch. If there's going to be a Dreadnaught farming party I'll join in on that!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phenoixblizzard For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (01-15-2021)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

No

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Logan (01-14-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Khione View Post
    No
    This seems a very terse response?

I certainly support players who want to make a difference to Pirate101, but ultimately the responsibility for reviving the game lies with Kingsisle. For years, the excuse has been lack of resources, so a one-off event where players simply log-in and hang out doesn't seem helpful to me, but who knows?
    @Bat Masterson?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

axel125 (01-15-2021)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    This seems a very terse response?

I certainly support players who want to make a difference to Pirate101, but ultimately the responsibility for reviving the game lies with Kingsisle. For years, the excuse has been lack of resources, so a one-off event where players simply log-in and hang out doesn't seem helpful to me, but who knows?

Petitions, Hashtags and events that are backed up by several Wizard101 YouTubers that think they are doing the Pirate101 community a favor and believes that they know better than the veteran players of the game won't do anything. We had over 20 events over the past 2 years, hundreds logged in to engage with them, nothing happened. A change will only happen when Kingsisle decides to put the same effort they are putting in Mobile games. the "No" response goes to the "#revivepirate101" events made by these people that have no absolute idea about the state of Pirate101 and the skepticism of Kingsisle's upper managers with supporting the game. Logging in won't make an update happen. Memberships and Crowns were wasted millions of times by a lot of players in the past 6 years. No honesty and now no QoL updates, even. It's to change the management's mind about the game. And since they look at their titles as money and business, nothing will change.

As much as all these several revival movements that happened in the past 3 years are "appreciated" however, it's really rather sad at the same time to see this game becoming a joke with all these "revive" movements by anyone that is suddenly bored and has nothing else better to do without wanting to comprehend that the veterans already tried hundreds of times, we did what we can do in the past years, and the ball is in Kingsisle's stage now. This is where a real "revival" would begin if they ever stop being skeptical.

My words are harsh to some, that's for sure. But these are just facts and that's how I deliver my point of view.
    Last edited by Logan; 01-15-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion and Adventures of the Spiral

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (01-15-2021),Khione (01-16-2021),Nojow (01-16-2021),Willowdreamer (01-15-2021)

IsaacInglewood is offline Deck Swabber

• IsaacInglewood's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Friendly Isaac Inglewood
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Maybe it was short-sighted of me to post this without researching and acknowledging P101 veterans' efforts and events in the past years... I truly posted this wanting to promote positivity and activity within the P101 community.

In the long run, events like this most likely won't influence KI's stance of "updating" P101, and I'm sorry if this post rubbed people the wrong way. I'm not affiliated with the people responsible for the event, I just wanted to spread awareness and plan to attend myself. Maybe it wasn't my business to spread word about this when it won't leave a lasting impact on the state of this game, but I hope that someone who sees this can use the event to meet someone new.

Please don't shoot the messenger!

Friendly Isaac Inglewood
    Level 70 Swashbuckler Level 70 Musketeer Level 70 Buccaneer Level 70 Witchdoctor Level 70 Privateer

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsaacInglewood For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (01-16-2021),Willowdreamer (01-16-2021)

LoyalDevinXavier is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Even if this gets attention, at best we're going to get a couple new skeleton key bosses.
    2021 is MY YEAR.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoyalDevinXavier For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (01-16-2021)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Petitions, Hashtags and events that are backed up by several Wizard101 YouTubers that think they are doing the Pirate101 community a favor and believes that they know better than the veteran players of the game won't do anything. We had over 20 events over the past 2 years, hundreds logged in to engage with them, nothing happened. A change will only happen when Kingsisle decides to put the same effort they are putting in Mobile games. the "No" response goes to the "#revivepirate101" events made by these people that have no absolute idea about the state of Pirate101 and the skepticism of Kingsisle's upper managers with supporting the game. Logging in won't make an update happen. Memberships and Crowns were wasted millions of times by a lot of players in the past 6 years. No honesty and now no QoL updates, even. It's to change the management's mind about the game. And since they look at their titles as money and business, nothing will change.

As much as all these several revival movements that happened in the past 3 years are "appreciated" however, it's really rather sad at the same time to see this game becoming a joke with all these "revive" movements by anyone that is suddenly bored and has nothing else better to do without wanting to comprehend that the veterans already tried hundreds of times, we did what we can do in the past years, and the ball is in Kingsisle's stage now. This is where a real "revival" would begin if they ever stop being skeptical.

My words are harsh to some, that's for sure. But these are just facts and that's how I deliver my point of view.

This pretty much sums up how this type of activity is.

The Pirate101 community tries, a lot. More than even other old school games have to keep an already dead game alive. The games only issue was always the lack of direction after J Todd left and the new managements interest in the title, which was minimal. They put no effort into really trying to progress the P101 title with little and minimal updates over large period of times so interest dwindled heavily in-between with little to no advertising compared to its other titles. The fact that Pirate101 even posts on FB/Twitter to push these events like it's up to us the players to revive the game sickens me the most. KI has lied, ignored, and overall forgot about the game. It's sad because there are people at KI who definitely wanted better as well for the game. But myself and other various veterans want nothing to do with trying to "revive" the game. If KI actually puts in effort, and I mean effort, not small trashy events with no actual incentives or meaning then it wont matter. KI did give as little as they could to try to keep interest in places, but small incentives won't keep the average player logging in and paying, even the bigger incentives like Baar codes/Nausica bundle codes become less incentivize as time passes with no new content as pretty much everybody has one now mostly as more people stop playing since they have everything they want and eventually get bored so the remaining players who missed out/couldn't get past the people who left and kept receiving these codes get there hands on it. Eventually, everyone would've been through the slow but infinite cookie jar. That's when there will be truly nothing left. It's going to keep being this way. There truly is only one way any "revival" will happen. It's either KI discontinues the title and stays hands off any potential "rewritten" type projects or KI actually tries to invest money (even if it initially looks like a loss of profit) to advertise/update/incentivize new and old players to come back AND STAY.

The worst part about all this is, the longer they take the bigger the update/incentives have to be for people to return and stay. By delaying, minimizing and ignoring it. The infection in the wound that Pirate101 has gets worse and worse. This type of event is a waste or effort, time and honestly useless. KI can support any community events they want, small bursts of interest. We see it every once awhile, the Corona restrictions made a mini-revival of lots of veterans but it dwindled very quickly. It will always be this way no matter if it's new players swarming or people trying to revive it. No matter what there is the brick wall that is KI and needing to give the game new content.

The best case scenario for a revive Pirate101 is that all the sudden thousands of players decide for some reason they want to start P101. They begin making new characters, tons of them. Buying new Pirate101 stuff, farming, joining events. KI realizes wow this is a second wind, lets push it. How do they push it before people hit the brick wall of lack of content? Again, KI has to do that. This brick wall that is crushing everyone can only be delayed by more pressure but never broken down. It can only be removed by KI. This is the issue. How realistic is that a "revival" event will do the best case scenario, unlikely. Because nobody is going to fully commit to the time, money and effort for a game with such an obvious brick wall they will hit, even if they're dumb enough to do it just one or two dumb people who think it will make a difference if they play or not will change KI's track record is just that, dumb. It won't.

However, I think there is hope. Apparently KI and some company are in talks about KI getting acquired which may allow for one of these 2 paths to happen under new leadership. At this point it's out of our hands, it's a waste of time and effort to support this event. It's dumb. There is no nice way to say it. The time has passed long ago to beat around the bush. This is a waste of time and anyone who thinks this does anything is dumb. Call me salty or whatever, but sometimes the truth is harsh and people need to realize that.
    Last edited by Khione; 01-16-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Logan (01-16-2021),Willowdreamer (01-16-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Khione View Post
    This pretty much sums up how this type of activity is.

The Pirate101 community tries, a lot. More than even other old school games have to keep an already dead game alive. The games only issue was always the lack of direction after J Todd left and the new managements interest in the title, which was minimal. They put no effort into really trying to progress the P101 title with little and minimal updates over large period of times so interest dwindled heavily in-between with little to no advertising compared to its other titles. The fact that Pirate101 even posts on FB/Twitter to push these events like it's up to us the players to revive the game sickens me the most. KI has lied, ignored, and overall forgot about the game. It's sad because there are people at KI who definitely wanted better as well for the game. But myself and other various veterans want nothing to do with trying to "revive" the game. If KI actually puts in effort, and I mean effort, not small trashy events with no actual incentives or meaning then it wont matter. KI did give as little as they could to try to keep interest in places, but small incentives won't keep the average player logging in and paying, even the bigger incentives like Baar codes/Nausica bundle codes become less incentivize as time passes with no new content as pretty much everybody has one now mostly as more people stop playing since they have everything they want and eventually get bored so the remaining players who missed out/couldn't get past the people who left and kept receiving these codes get there hands on it. Eventually, everyone would've been through the slow but infinite cookie jar. That's when there will be truly nothing left. It's going to keep being this way. There truly is only one way any "revival" will happen. It's either KI discontinues the title and stays hands off any potential "rewritten" type projects or KI actually tries to invest money (even if it initially looks like a loss of profit) to advertise/update/incentivize new and old players to come back AND STAY.

The worst part about all this is, the longer they take the bigger the update/incentives have to be for people to return and stay. By delaying, minimizing and ignoring it. The infection in the wound that Pirate101 has gets worse and worse. This type of event is a waste or effort, time and honestly useless. KI can support any community events they want, small bursts of interest. We see it every once awhile, the Corona restrictions made a mini-revival of lots of veterans but it dwindled very quickly. It will always be this way no matter if it's new players swarming or people trying to revive it. No matter what there is the brick wall that is KI and needing to give the game new content.

The best case scenario for a revive Pirate101 is that all the sudden thousands of players decide for some reason they want to start P101. They begin making new characters, tons of them. Buying new Pirate101 stuff, farming, joining events. KI realizes wow this is a second wind, lets push it. How do they push it before people hit the brick wall of lack of content? Again, KI has to do that. This brick wall that is crushing everyone can only be delayed by more pressure but never broken down. It can only be removed by KI. This is the issue. How realistic is that a "revival" event will do the best case scenario, unlikely. Because nobody is going to fully commit to the time, money and effort for a game with such an obvious brick wall they will hit, even if they're dumb enough to do it just one or two dumb people who think it will make a difference if they play or not will change KI's track record is just that, dumb. It won't.

However, I think there is hope. Apparently KI and some company are in talks about KI getting acquired which may allow for one of these 2 paths to happen under new leadership. At this point it's out of our hands, it's a waste of time and effort to support this event. It's dumb. There is no nice way to say it. The time has passed long ago to beat around the bush. This is a waste of time and anyone who thinks this does anything is dumb. Call me salty or whatever, but sometimes the truth is harsh and people need to realize that.
    Thanks for elaborating on your earlier comment. I agree with all of these sentiments, and I believe that it's good to get them out here for discussion so that anyone who IS still hanging around lurking/looking for news or topics about the game can either commiserate or disagree or whatever. Fansites and Forums like these seem so much more substantial to me than social media posts.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Sheldon (01-16-2021)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Just got around to checking the forums again and saw this apparent acquisition of KI. Maybe it will focus on Pirate101, maybe it won't.

It has been just abhorrent to see the treatment Pirate101 gets since 2014 after the advanced update. We have barely gotten ANYTHING genuinely new at all. Valencia was 60% reskins and bugged enemies. Party Barge had some of the most depressing Captain Avery voice acting I've ever heard, and that only had copies of already existing models in the Wizard and Pirate data. The area of the Party Barge clips in the background. Ever since, we've gotten nothing. Not even bug fixes. Does any other company treat their players this badly and cruelly? Like other replies above, KI has lied and ignored and penalized people. GlassDoor reviews verify that.

They rely on US to revive and maintain a playerbase. Blind Mew admitted it in his Book 15 thread now long deserted. What kind of business strategy is that? Who relies on customers to market the product?

Sometimes I've wondered if what they've been doing in both games is even legal, I've even looked at it as a pyramid scheme: paying for something and getting nothing in return. It's seen in rehashed packs and bundles, as well as 9,000 crowns Mounts reskinned or copied.

One GlassDoor review came out and said a world update was in the works but was completely scrapped for Pirate. Why? For more pathetic mobile games? To spite us? You can't even play most of the mobile games they promoted on past lives because they failed so miserably. On their one surviving app "Animal Cove" people in Google Play reviews have been complaining about lack of updates, and the response was "we're working on quality-of-life updates".

I don't know if this event will change their minds or influence or change anything. In reality, it's probably the only relevant thing to do in game. My ONLY incentive is wiki stuff, but I've done everything 6 times and my pirates have been hanging at max level for 3-4 years now. I am not putting any money in this game to start new ones for images because that is supporting a corrupt company.

Then again, we'll see what happens.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

20. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (01-17-2021)