•  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

When will we ever

I was in Avery's Court just now, and I saw this pirate wearing Kane's Robe!

I was briefly overjoyed, until someone imparted their knowledge to me:

[The robe] It's in the code but its not marked as able to drop. Basically, he had to have deleted his robe, asked KI for a new one, he was given that robe by accident. He's quite LITERALLY the only person with a Kane robe.
    One of these days I just might cry.
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 01-29-2021 at 08:17 AM. Reason: image hosted off-site
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: When will we ever

Was it this robe?

http://www.pirate101central.com/w/in...le&rcid=208276

We've been patient for several years, can we be patient for several more?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

I'll definitely be lurking around and waiting for this robe...

I was in a rush making that post, so hopefully I put the picture down properly here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kane's Robe.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	76766

Just couldn't help but wonder what's stopping them from listing it as a drop
    It's the only thing I need to complete the Clockwork theme I have on my swashbuckler lol
    Last edited by maple9300; 01-30-2021 at 01:53 AM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),Logan (01-31-2021),Willowdreamer (01-30-2021)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by maple9300 View Post
    I'll definitely be lurking around and waiting for this robe...

I was in a rush making that post, so hopefully I put the picture down properly here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kane's Robe.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	76766

Just couldn't help but wonder what's stopping them from listing it as a drop
    It's the only thing I need to complete the Clockwork theme I have on my swashbuckler lol
    Congrats, you found me.

The robe was given to me on accident when I sold a Gortizi Coat on accident and asked KI Support to restore it back. Instead, to my surprise, they gave me a Goritzi Mantle.

This is also part of why, I asked here in a thread to make all the Valencia II gear pieces obtainable for everyone as it is clearly possible that you can get them as they exist as actual items that can be obtained. It is also part of why I added it on the Wiki and remained silent about it here as I didn't want another Lola and Musketeer Clockwork Steed bashing fiasco to happen, as I already was harassed and reported several times for having a robe that wasn't my fault at the slightest to have it.

And for those who ask, I do have evidence with ticket info and reply response from KI Support regarding the restoration of it.

If you'd like to meet in-game to see it and what not, you can go ahead and ask as well whenever you like.
    Last edited by Logan; 01-31-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion and Adventures of the Spiral

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),maple9300 (01-31-2021),Willowdreamer (02-02-2021)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

They recently put all the steeds in the game, so if the community keeps bringing it up, I'm sure it will eventually be added (especially since the code is already in the game).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),Willowdreamer (02-07-2021)

brenden208 is offline Deck Swabber

• brenden208's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Stormy Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Balanced

It seems strange, to me, that they would code a piece of gear and not use it. It makes me wonder what was happening at KI when they released Valencia II. Maybe the robe was (is) still in the "balancing" phase of release?
    Signature made by AluraRB

Avatar made by Sparky. Stormy Seth, level 70 Swashbuckler.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brenden208 For This Useful Post:

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by brenden208 View Post
    It seems strange, to me, that they would code a piece of gear and not use it. It makes me wonder what was happening at KI when they released Valencia II. Maybe the robe was (is) still in the "balancing" phase of release?
    There are still several equipment, animations and companions unreleased for Pirate101. If you read the developer notes over the years, Valencia II was suppose to be a much larger experience stretched over several more books. The actual update for Valencia II was a truncated version that was quickly put together to get a release, hence why several assets were left unused.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),maple9300 (02-21-2021),RealDux (02-09-2021),Sheldon (02-10-2021),Willowdreamer (02-09-2021)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    There are still several equipment, animations and companions unreleased for Pirate101. If you read the developer notes over the years, Valencia II was suppose to be a much larger experience stretched over several more books. The actual update for Valencia II was a truncated version that was quickly put together to get a release, hence why several assets were left unused.
    Ahh. That makes a lot of sense.

Honestly... I don't know how to feel about that. I know they wanted to rapid-fire a release out there to "make their players happy," but in truth, I would have rathered they'd waited a little while longer so we could enjoy the full experience. I do agree that Valencia Part II felt very rushed and not of the same quality as the rest of their amazing Worlds - even as Valencia Part I, even though it was short. Plus, if they'd have waited to release a bigger expansion of Part II, it would have kept us players occupied for a little while longer.

Just my 2.794 cents.

~H.A.P.
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 02-20-2021 at 12:54 PM.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler. Signature by Me; Avatar by Dodger.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (02-21-2021)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Ahh. That makes a lot of sense.
    Honestly... I don't know how to feel about that. I know they wanted to rapid-fire a release out there to "make their players happy," but in truth, I would have rathered they'd waited a little while longer so we could enjoy the full experience. I do agree that Valencia Part II felt very rushed and not of the same quality as the rest of their amazing Worlds - even as Valencia Part I, even though it was short. Plus, if they'd have waited to release a bigger expansion of Part II, it would have kept us players occupied for a little while longer.
    While I do agree with you there, I wonder with a future update, if they could just completely change the story of what is currently released for Valencia II, and update it to what they initially had planned. They did do a story fix regarding Lasko, Manny, and Moe's quest to make them fleshed out, and I personally don't see any problem with this, though there may be some economic/financials and whatnot that I may be unaware of. Ultimately I don't see why they couldn't, especially if it's beneficial for the story in the long-run, pace-wise, and in terms of story/plot engagement by the player base.

Edit: And while I'm on the topic, definitely give story-related companions like Catbeard the promotion quest they deserve.
    Last edited by maple9300; 02-21-2021 at 01:36 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-21-2021),Willowdreamer (02-21-2021)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

While I do agree with you there, I wonder with a future update, if they could just completely change the story of what is currently released for Valencia II, and update it to what they initially had planned. They did do a story fix regarding Lasko, Manny, and Moe's quest to make them fleshed out, and I personally don't see any problem with this, though there may be some economic/financials and whatnot that I may be unaware of. Ultimately I don't see why they couldn't, especially if it's beneficial for the story in the long-run, pace-wise, and in terms of story/plot engagement by the player base.
    Agreed!

Edit: And while I'm on the topic, definitely give story-related companions like Catbeard the promotion quest they deserve.
    YAS! We need great promotion quests! I actually find promotion quests super fun anyway, so yes, I'd love to see that.

~H.A.P.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler. Signature by Me; Avatar by Dodger.