bubu is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

What do you want to see in future updates.

Title says it all we as a community should be more vocal for what want we want for the future of pirate101, I'll just start off with a few that's ive seen mentioned a lot by the community but feel free to add anything incase I may have missed out.

- Updates, higher levels, new worlds, however you wanna look at it we waited far too long for no news or updates on content.
    - More companions this has been said countless of times, we want to see more faces in our crews, and reworks would be nice for a lot of companions especially the ones that come from side quests they just don't feel left behind when you advance more in the game, also ive seen a lot of fans insist they wanted a shiriku neko storyline upgrade quest so I'd still like to see something in the works.
    - Give us something to do while we wait, crafting, fishing etc.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bubu For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),RealDux (02-08-2021),Willowdreamer (02-07-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: What do you want to see in future updates.

Ahoy and welcome to Pirate101 Central!

I don't think that the community necessarily needs to be more vocal about what we what to see, but thanks for adding your own thoughts. I've spent years posting on the main message boards as well as here.

Now, it's up to the new company that has purchased Kingsisle's games to do Pirate101 some justice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),RealDux (02-08-2021)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by bubu View Post
    Title says it all we as a community should be more vocal for what want we want for the future of pirate101, I'll just start off with a few that's ive seen mentioned a lot by the community but feel free to add anything incase I may have missed out.
    Yes!!! Agreed. That's what I'm talking about!

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd love to see more Bundles! It's 1) a great way for KingsIsle to get more money and income flowing in from Pirate101, because even people with already-existing memberships will buy them; 2) something that can keep us House-decorators occupied once more; 3) it shows KI still cares about us Pirates even the slightest bit; and 4) (from KI's perspective) it's a great thing to throw at us players that will keep us busy for a little while as they work diligently and feverishly on new content updates. *coughcough*

All in the favor of Bundle updates, say aye!

(Aye!)

~H.A.P

Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Tomas (02-21-2021),Willowdreamer (02-21-2021)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Level cap/story updates/new worlds I don't even have to bring up.

More variation in clothing designs. Please. We pirates want to be stylish too. 'Nuff said.

As mentioned above, definitely something similar to a crafting system.
    I discussed the idea of forging/blacksmithing with some friends, as the idea of a crafting system overall would make more sense with pirates. Whether or not this would strictly entail weapons or just gear in general I'm not sure. We played with the idea of weapons be craftable like that of pets, but that would come with power balancing issues that they would have to be handled.

Also, a thematic story of Pirates would definitely need something like bounty hunting. Bounty hunting would range across all the worlds of the spiral; in every tavern you would find, there are bounty boards with different objectives that players can choose, and varying in difficulties depending on the player's progress in that world. It may or may not be similar to Wizard's daily assignments, but definitely will add a different spin to it.
    To further elaborate (because I really wanna push on this idea), variation in difficulties = variation in rewards. The rewards could range from gold, to scrip, crowns, and perhaps even rare gear from the drop table of rare gear in the game (would require balancing however).

A system to incentivize group work and promote a sense of community in-game. That would consist of server-wide announcements for events like Dreadnaught and the like; so something like "The Dreadnaught has spawn in the __ server." As a player it'll feel like you're more involved in a way, especially for players who are always eager and waiting for Dreadnaught to spawn. In-game, everyone's always questing and doing their own thing, and then suddenly a server announcement regarding some event appears on your screen; and if just for a short while, you're really working together with everyone.

- Another idea I liked to humor when talking about this with friends, was in the future, when El Dorado would be released. At some point it is mentioned in the story that the stormgate to El Dorado doesn't stay in one place. Regardless of whether El Dorado will be an instance/dungeon or a whole world in itself, imagine a server-wide announcement "The stormgate to El Dorado has appeared somewhere in the spiral," or "The stormgate to El Dorado has closed/disappeared." (not sure how feasible this idea is, but just humor me lol) and all the players just stop doing what they're doing, and scramble to find it. This'll really incentivize more group work and the sense of community I mentioned. Everyone will be asking friends and just in general in Avery's Court, "yo anyone find out where the El Dorado stormgate is?" and others replying "yeah, it's in __." It would certainly be an interesting thing for endgame players as well. The fact that it doesn't stay open would be something of a cooldown, in which players would only be able to farm there when it's open (because the quality of gear and whatnot would be just that rare), as opposed to a place like Darkmoor in Wiz.

The transferring of crowns-bought companions. I've seen friends who have deleted characters, and forgetting that they have a crowns-bought companion on that character. This would be more debated, with its balance of economic tradeoff with bundle companions and crowns companions, but the fact that having crowns bought companions on a character is limiting players and their ability to create/delete characters. I discussed with friends this transferring idea, and how if say, you have a 70 Keisuke Yagi on one character, transferring it to another character would scale the companion's level down, to say, a character who is level 10. That would limit the abuse of transferring, since it'd be unbalanced to have a 60 companion on a level 10 character, so instead, the 60 levels the companion was scaled down to cannot be recovered, and the companion would have to be re-trained again. This would also incentivize the buying of companion training points by players at endgame and even lower levels, who already have all companions at max level. Story companions would be transfer-restricted, as having two El Toro's on one character would just be broken lol.

A more smaller idea compared to the rest, but pirates returning to Monquista/Monquista II. Just want to note that this not my idea, but of a friend's. As it is, Monquista is literally the shortest world right now, ranging in ~9 quests. It could be story-related or not, maybe even just a side arc like Grizzleheim/Wysteria in Wiz. The idea my friend had was with the side quest regarding which came first, the Banana or the seed, and how we would go back to deal with some kind of fallout within the Holy Church, or maybe even something with Monquista's Noble Houses. I dug up the line from Gortez which could possibly foreshadow this: "The Noble Houses are finally in line, but now the Holy Church is in turmoil! The Banana Seed Heresy is turning the entire kingdom upside-"

-And it wouldn't even have to stop at Monquista. In addition to resolving the current story arc, and a possible future arc after dealing with the Clockworks, more side worlds/arcs are welcome. The side could be strictly one world or more, regarding another treasure we're hunting, or something that would be related to a character's story arc, like Bonnie (Albion?). Though it may be short, as long as it's engaging in terms of story/plot, I feel that it could definitely be pulled off.

Like in Wizard, allow for the increased size of the game's UI, if I am using the correct term. That's the size of the 'book' menu whenever we open it. It's so small when I'm in full screen mode, it feels like it might make me even blinder than I already am.

More variation in attack animations for our pirates. While it is already varied, more wouldn't hurt I suppose, though this is just a tad idea.

There's so much inspiration to take from too. Take world-known franchises like Pirates of the Caribbean and One Piece.

We're pirates. Pirates traveling around a vast spiral. The possibilities are literally endless.

-Will update if I have more ideas.-
    Last edited by maple9300; 02-21-2021 at 04:54 AM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-21-2021),Willowdreamer (02-21-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Yes!!! Agreed. That's what I'm talking about!

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd love to see more Bundles! It's 1) a great way for KingsIsle to get more money and income flowing in from Pirate101, because even people with already-existing memberships will buy them; 2) something that can keep us House-decorators occupied once more; 3) it shows KI still cares about us Pirates even the slightest bit; and 4) (from KI's perspective) it's a great thing to throw at us players that will keep us busy for a little while as they work diligently and feverishly on new content updates. *coughcough*

All in the favor of Bundle updates, say aye!

(Aye!)

~H.A.P
    Packs too would be nice. It's boring not having much choice in terms of what we can buy for crowns. I have all the areas bought, and all the pack items I want, and every bundle. There's just nothing left to buy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-21-2021),Willowdreamer (02-22-2021)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by maple9300 View Post
    We're pirates. Pirates traveling around a vast spiral. The possibilities are literally endless.
    @maple9300, I love all your ideas! I really love the idea of El Dorado's location changing (with the group notification) as that will certainly generate incentive and excitement. I know something similar to this can be done, as I've seen it done in The Legend of Pirates Online/TLOPO (formerly known as Pirates of the Caribbean Online/POTCO) where every [insert amount of time], a "Navy Treasure Fleet" comes out and we pirates have to work together to sink the fleet and get good rewards. However, the location from which the ships come changes each time. It makes it very fun and engaging.

I definitely love the idea of changing "crafting" to "blacksmithing/forging" as that is definitely more applicable to the era we're in, even if it isn't the exact Spiral equivalent of the 17-18th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Packs too would be nice. It's boring not having much choice in terms of what we can buy for crowns. I have all the areas bought, and all the pack items I want, and every bundle. There's just nothing left to buy.
    Agreed, @Tomas! I'd love new Packs too. What would be great for KingsIsle's benefit coming out with new Packs is that they require Crowns, and that oftentimes in order to acquire Crowns we need to purchase them (with money! ). Thus benefiting them, and in turn, benefiting us with cool new Companions, Housing items, outfits, and such.

Also, that would go right along with @maple9300 's idea of transferring Crown-bought Companions to our other Pirates. "Crown-bought" does imply bought from Packs as well, right, Maple?

~H.A.P.

Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Tomas (02-22-2021),Willowdreamer (02-22-2021)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Also, that would go right along with @maple9300 's idea of transferring Crown-bought Companions to our other Pirates. "Crown-bought" does imply bought from Packs as well, right, Maple?
    Yup. It's something we bought, so we shouldn't have to worry about accidentally deleting it. My friend remade their swashbuckler, forgetting that it had their Nausica they got from the pack, and that's just...it's not something that should be allowed.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-22-2021),Willowdreamer (02-22-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Ships are one of my favorite features of this game, so I'd like to see Ship Origin Equipment bundles like the pirate class Furniture Bundles. New Figureheads, Sails, Rudders, Wheels, etc. They don't have to be better than what's available already in the Crown Shop, but they need to be different, unique. The more we can customize our ships, the better.

The holiday ships need to go to Level 70, like the Spiral Galleons, which has been requested forever.

Ship PvP needs to be rethought. One of the reasons I found ship PvP very disappointing is that everyone uses the same Aquila galleon, because it's the strongest ship. There is no nuance to it, and whoever has the gang of friends in the canyon is capable of sinking any newcomer pretty quickly. It's one thing hunting in the skyways with a "wolf pack" of others, but there is no way to survive the same situation as the prey.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-22-2021)