Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    maple9300's Avatar
       maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    465
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    406
    Thanks (Received)
    424
    Gold
    547
    Procrastinating

    Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cool Ranch.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	76775

    Not sure if anyone has done this before.
    Disclaimer: Not drawn to scale lol
    Last edited by maple9300; 02-13-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler




  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),oraneartheyes (02-13-2021),RealDux (02-16-2021),Willowdreamer (02-14-2021)


  3. #2
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,345
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    8,149
    Thanks (Received)
    9,485
    Gold
    685
    Fine

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    That looks really cool! Thanks for sharing. Cool Ranch is second only to Skull Island for "completion" as a World. All the rest seem like there are more skyways we could visit, and more areas to discover.





  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),RealDux (02-16-2021)


  5. #3
    Allison DeathWielder's Avatar
       Allison DeathWielder is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    73
    Gold
    71
    Bored

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    This is really interesting to me, just seeing how it all loops and feels complete (as Willowdreamer said). I really hope that future Pirate101 story content (fingers crossed) has us return to many of those less complete worlds and gives them a new skyway(s) to explore to finish filling them out as well.





  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allison DeathWielder For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-20-2021),RealDux (02-16-2021),Willowdreamer (02-16-2021)


  7. #4
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    743
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,908
    Thanks (Received)
    760
    Gold
    448
    Busy

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Wow, @maple9300! What an awesome representation of Cool Ranch! I don't ever recall someone else doing anything similar to this (for Cool Ranch, at least), so this is awesome. This must have taken a while to complete, no?

    Great job.

    (Now I feel even more nostalgic with no way to play Pirate101... Great.)



    I agree with @Willowdreamer about the entirety and "complete" feel of Cool Ranch.

    A quick, rather funny note for the sake of the sake: When I was first traversing through the Spiral as Aurora, Cool Ranch was actually my least favorite World because 1) it was so long; 2) I was trying to move along in the questline and was very hyped for MooShu, so I felt like Cool Ranch was "in my way"; 3) I wasn't exactly a fan of all the Western themes. The weird thing was, when I maxed Aurora and started on my second Pirate, I was surprised to find that I loved CR the second time around! I could spend more time leisurely going through Cool Ranch, I loved the scenery, and I LOOOVED Miranda and the Haunted Skyway (not to mention the colonial era they infused with ghosts and other such things).

    In short, I think Cool Ranch is actually a rather underrated World. Sure, it's long, but I really love the amount of thought KingsIsle put into it!

    Eso es todo. Adiós.

    ~H.A.P.


    Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

    Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.



  8. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

    Willowdreamer (02-21-2021)


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    48
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    113
    Thanks (Received)
    156
    Gold
    31

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    That looks really cool! Thanks for sharing. Cool Ranch is second only to Skull Island for "completion" as a World. All the rest seem like there are more skyways we could visit, and more areas to discover.

    Other than essentially "anywhere" at this point, what place would you like expanded? I really like Aquila the best of all. Only issue is it's already long enough!



  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-21-2021)


  11. #6
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    743
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,908
    Thanks (Received)
    760
    Gold
    448
    Busy

    Post Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Other than essentially "anywhere" at this point, what place would you like expanded?
    Hmm. Back when I first played the whole game through, my favorite Worlds were Valencia and MooShu. Now that I've been really into learning languages and learning a lot about different cultures, I've been even more conflicted with my favorites. XD I still love the aforementioned two for certain. Valencia is great. Valencia being Italy x Spain in the Renaissance area is awesome, and Valencia is one of my favorite places in Spain due to the prominent language of Valencian (a dialect of Catalan ). MooShu is, of course, awesome for its Asian mixed culture of China and Japan (and a bit of Korea...?).

    But Marleybone has really been stealing my interest as I love the culture of England, especially during that "industrial" era.

    I agree with you about Aquila; I read an entire book on Greek mythology just because of how awesome it was.

    Okay, okay, here's the TL;DR: I can't choose. XD All Pirate101 Worlds are amazing (and might I add, KingsIsle does an amazing job with representing different cultures in a non-offensive but awesome way). If I had to choose, I still might say Valencia (yes, I'm all for an addition to Part II or even a more comprehensive Part III!).

    Buuut... The World update I really want to see is Polaris. France x Russia... AHHH...

    (I mean, come on, don't we all love penguins in navy-like costumes with really cool French accents, and polar bears with ushankas and smooth Russian accents? ... No one? Okay.)

    Great question, Tomas!

    Diverteix-te, < That's Catalan.
    ~H.A.P.



    EDIT: I forgot to mention that I love Cool Ranch as well, especially because it has so many different cultures. Wild West, Native American, Mexican (YASSS!!!), and my personal favorite (tied with Mexican), the American colonial era, mixed in with awesome phantasmal elements! So yeah... Choosing a favorite World is so hard.
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 02-22-2021 at 12:03 AM.

    Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

    Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.



  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

    Tomas (02-22-2021),Willowdreamer (02-22-2021)


  13. #7
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,345
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    8,149
    Thanks (Received)
    9,485
    Gold
    685
    Fine

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Other than essentially "anywhere" at this point, what place would you like expanded? I really like Aquila the best of all. Only issue is it's already long enough!
    I have always been disappointed that Marleybone is a closed loop. Going back to Bonnie Anne's roots in Albion seems a no-brainer, so how we would do that could be very interesting. Perhaps we could travel in a new way rather than through a Stormgate -- a cave/tunnel that goes through the mountains? A Stonehenge-type teleporter that opens via wizard magic into Avalon?





  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-22-2021),Tomas (02-22-2021)


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    48
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    113
    Thanks (Received)
    156
    Gold
    31

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I have always been disappointed that Marleybone is a closed loop. Going back to Bonnie Anne's roots in Albion seems a no-brainer, so how we would do that could be very interesting. Perhaps we could travel in a new way rather than through a Stormgate -- a cave/tunnel that goes through the mountains? A Stonehenge-type teleporter that opens via wizard magic into Avalon?

    That's what I loved so much about Cool Ranch, in relation to the OPs post. It's so complete, there's an entire story to it and it doesn't feel like anything was left out. We know in Valencia things were left out purposely. I hope we get back to complete storylines that don't feel so rushed, the best thing about Pirate for me is the story, and it's a shame it dropped off when there is so much content to explore.

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Hmm. Back when I first played the whole game through, my favorite Worlds were Valencia and MooShu. Now that I've been really into learning languages and learning a lot about different cultures, I've been even more conflicted with my favorites. XD I still love the aforementioned two for certain. Valencia is great. Valencia being Italy x Spain in the Renaissance area is awesome, and Valencia is one of my favorite places in Spain due to the prominent language of Valencian (a dialect of Catalan ). MooShu is, of course, awesome for its Asian mixed culture of China and Japan (and a bit of Korea...?).

    But Marleybone has really been stealing my interest as I love the culture of England, especially during that "industrial" era.

    I agree with you about Aquila; I read an entire book on Greek mythology just because of how awesome it was.

    Okay, okay, here's the TL;DR: I can't choose. XD All Pirate101 Worlds are amazing (and might I add, KingsIsle does an amazing job with representing different cultures in a non-offensive but awesome way). If I had to choose, I still might say Valencia (yes, I'm all for an addition to Part II or even a more comprehensive Part III!).

    Buuut... The World update I really want to see is Polaris. France x Russia... AHHH...

    (I mean, come on, don't we all love penguins in navy-like costumes with really cool French accents, and polar bears with ushankas and smooth Russian accents? ... No one? Okay.)

    Great question, Tomas!

    Diverteix-te, < That's Catalan.
    ~H.A.P.



    EDIT: I forgot to mention that I love Cool Ranch as well, especially because it has so many different cultures. Wild West, Native American, Mexican (YASSS!!!), and my personal favorite (tied with Mexican), the American colonial era, mixed in with awesome phantasmal elements! So yeah... Choosing a favorite World is so hard.
    Polaris would be so cool, we really need that. Especially with there being a stormgate for it right there, such a tease.
    I liked the look of Valencia, but especially the later part the difficulty just made it less fun for me. It's nice to explore and look at, but when something is too difficult it's not fun.



  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-22-2021),Willowdreamer (02-22-2021)


  17. #9
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    743
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,908
    Thanks (Received)
    760
    Gold
    448
    Busy

    Re: Geographical representation of Cool Ranch

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I have always been disappointed that Marleybone is a closed loop. Going back to Bonnie Anne's roots in Albion seems a no-brainer, so how we would do that could be very interesting. Perhaps we could travel in a new way rather than through a Stormgate -- a cave/tunnel that goes through the mountains? A Stonehenge-type teleporter that opens via wizard magic into Avalon?
    I was just talking to someone yesterday about how much I'd love to see Albion!

    And yeah, I love the idea of something other than a Stormgate. I do think a Stonehenge-ish teleporter would be cool to open into Avalon (considering its medieval history) but I'm not sure about Albion. I mean, Stonehenge is in England, not Scotland or Ireland. That's just me, though.

    Avalon would be a rather cool World too, come to think of it!

    ~H.A.P.


    Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

    Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.



  18. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

    Tomas (02-22-2021)




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •