•  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Elated

Companion Promotion Previews

It's been a while everyone! First, I just wanted to say that I'm happy to be back. After no new exciting games were presenting themselves, I rediscovered Pirate101 and just in time too. I'm happy to see the community so reinvigorated with the revival event and the acquisition of Kingsisle.

Such excitement has stirred up talks of missed opportunities for companion promotions and new companions. I wanted to share here a promising video of allegedly leaked companions and promotions. This supposes that the new company's developers may have some of their work finished preemptively.

This video was released a couple of years ago, but seeing the amount of progress the game has made in development since then I would expect that the developers could pick up from there.

*Was Previously VoodooMaster*

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Phantom For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-22-2021),RealDux (02-23-2021),Tomas (02-24-2021)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Re: Companion Promotion Previews

Yes, these are legitimate. As the files of the game are stupid easy to get ahold of, I've datamined in the past and have even found the names of the new promotion titles. It's sad to see what could have been.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-22-2021),maple9300 (02-24-2021),RealDux (02-23-2021),The Phantom (02-23-2021),Tomas (02-24-2021),Willowdreamer (02-23-2021)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    It's been a while everyone! First, I just wanted to say that I'm happy to be back. After no new exciting games were presenting themselves, I rediscovered Pirate101 and just in time too. I'm happy to see the community so reinvigorated with the revival event and the acquisition of Kingsisle.
    Welcome back, @The Phantom! It's good to see you sailing the skies again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    This video was released a couple of years ago, but seeing the amount of progress the game has made in development since then I would expect that the developers could pick up from there.
    Wow. I've never seen that video before; thanks so much for sharing it!

As for the Companion ideas, I particularly loved the Polarian Penguin (I definitely heard him say something French-ish as he bravely advanced forward) and Queen Bishop. My word, Queen Bishop... What an amazing combination! The Queen's dress was my favorite outfit in the whole game, not to mention the fact that Bishop is my favorite Clockwork ever! *is ecstatically bouncing up and down*

As for the attack animations, my favorite was definitely Sarah Steele's. She did it with all the grace and elegance of a fencer. Love it!

As @monkeycrew said, it is truly sad to see these amazing ideas go to waste. Hopefully KingsIsle can pick up from where they left off...

One can only hope.

~H.A.P.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler. Signature by Me; Avatar by Dodger.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (02-23-2021),RealDux (02-23-2021),The Phantom (02-23-2021),Tomas (02-22-2021),Willowdreamer (02-23-2021)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Welcome back, @The Phantom! It's good to see you sailing the skies again.

Wow. I've never seen that video before; thanks so much for sharing it!

As for the Companion ideas, I particularly loved the Polarian Penguin (I definitely heard him say something French-ish as he bravely advanced forward) and Queen Bishop. My word, Queen Bishop... What an amazing combination! The Queen's dress was my favorite outfit in the whole game, not to mention the fact that Bishop is my favorite Clockwork ever! *is ecstatically bouncing up and down*

As for the attack animations, my favorite was definitely Sarah Steele's. She did it with all the grace and elegance of a fencer. Love it!

As @monkeycrew said, it is truly sad to see these amazing ideas go to waste. Hopefully KingsIsle can pick up from where they left off...

One can only hope.

~H.A.P.

I have a feeling they probably will. They finally used that Avery model in the Party Barge quests and the next tiers for Catbeard and Gracie, so maybe they will bring it back if they decide to. According to a Glassdoor review, they were all ready to release a level expansion when they were told to scrap it.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2021),maple9300 (02-24-2021),RealDux (02-23-2021),Tomas (02-24-2021),Willowdreamer (02-23-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    I have a feeling they probably will. They finally used that Avery model in the Party Barge quests and the next tiers for Catbeard and Gracie, so maybe they will bring it back if they decide to. According to a Glassdoor review, they were all ready to release a level expansion when they were told to scrap it.
    I hope we get back on track and get to go to El Doredo or however you spell it.
    I don't know if the new company wants to go back on track or go a different direction.

Do you think we'll even get updates?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2021)