piuy is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Is it possible to get to level 70 without doing any quests.

This question has interested me for a while now and I would like some more knowledgeable opinions on whether or not it's possible. Additionally what would be an efficient way. I've started doing this "challenge" and found out that the first roadblock is getting to level 2. When you are level 1 you cannot teleport to friends locking me into the very first area. I have gotten to level 2 by now and what I'm now wonder where would be the most efficient place to grind. If anyone has expert ideas then could you please give some insight on how to do this?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piuy For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-27-2021),Willowdreamer (03-26-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Is it possible to get to level 70 without doing any quests.

To level purely through combat experience is a challenge I have not heard anyone attempt. Quests are how new areas are opened, so if you travel by teleporting to friends, will you ever actually gain access for your character to even enter the lower zone of Skull Island? How do you plan to gain crew members if you aren't questing to unlock them, or were you making this a solo Pirate challenge?

You may be able to do this with the help of friends, but I'm thinking they are going to have to move with you through the worlds so that you have enough chance to participate in battles to gain experience, but don't die instantly.

Personally, I'd suggest that you and your friends target bosses that allow for unlocking companions to buy in the Crown Shop, but if you intend to solo, then maybe grind skyway creatures that you and your friends can battle on deck. The familiarity of the battleboard every time would allow for formulating a strategy to your gaining the most experience per battle.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-27-2021),piuy (03-27-2021)

Shanky0 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

The only type of places I know that would fit what you're asking are battles that keep spawning enemies until you complete an objective. Unfortunately, from my experience at attempting a similar challenge, the only fights I know of that allow this are not close to the start of the game: the plant boss fight at the end of Monquista and Lo Pan's fight at the end of Mooshu. If you keep the boss alive and just keep defeating enemies the XP reward increases exponentially. As you level up however, the XP becomes less and less since your pirate becomes overleveled and gains less from these fights. However if you manage to find a way to make the fight AFK, it is just a matter of leaving the game in the background for a long time. At most, I've left one of my pirates and companions with Repel Borders and First Strike on the Lo Pan fights for around 2 hours and ended up close to 6000 xp when the battle ended. With the plant fight I think at most I got was around a 1000. Of course, this isn't as useful to you but I just wanted to share in case someone else knows of any similar instance that could work like this.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shanky0 For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    To level purely through combat experience is a challenge I have not heard anyone attempt. Quests are how new areas are opened, so if you travel by teleporting to friends, will you ever actually gain access for your character to even enter the lower zone of Skull Island? How do you plan to gain crew members if you aren't questing to unlock them, or were you making this a solo Pirate challenge?

You may be able to do this with the help of friends, but I'm thinking they are going to have to move with you through the worlds so that you have enough chance to participate in battles to gain experience, but don't die instantly.

Personally, I'd suggest that you and your friends target bosses that allow for unlocking companions to buy in the Crown Shop, but if you intend to solo, then maybe grind skyway creatures that you and your friends can battle on deck. The familiarity of the battleboard every time would allow for formulating a strategy to your gaining the most experience per battle.

I have one companion to work with which means crown shop companions is probably my best bet. What do you mean by target bosses that allow for unlocking companions to buy in the Crown Shop though? Also the skyways was a good idea. While grinding up to level 2 I got enough gold to buy a raft from the skull island docks.
    I have one companion to work with which means crown shop companions is probably my best bet. What do you mean by target bosses that allow for unlocking companions to buy in the Crown Shop though? Also the skyways was a good idea. While grinding up to level 2 I got enough gold to buy a raft from the skull island docks.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piuy For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

In theory you could grind enemies till you reach max. There was one a glitch on the hydra which gave you insane xp

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-27-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by piuy View Post
    Bosses like Chumba Wumba and El Tiburon, who you defeat a number of times to unlock them in the Crown Shop. I'm not sure if you have to actually be on the quest the first time, or if you can teleport to the dungeon and still unlock them, so I would suggest you try El Tiburon first, he only needs defeated once, and Chumba Wumba, since he only needs to be defeated three times. The others are more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-27-2021),piuy (03-27-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

So an update on some of the math on how much experience I would need, and why it is arguably more efficient when doing this challenge alone when it comes to combat. First with the math I would need 298,200 XP points to finish this challenge from level 1. As expected this would take a while. On a more interesting note though I learned that XP seems to be based on performance. In the first area in Skull Island I gained around 2 XP per battle against Cutthroats. Then I battled some Aztecosaurs with some help in Blood Shoals and got 1 XP. Considering the notable level difference it seems like getting XP is most efficient when sailing solo. However getting crown shop companions friends will be optimal since I think I only need to be in the battle for it to count. This means I can get El Tiburon and other crown shop companions easily and early with the help of friends. Feel free to ask questions and suggest other things as they could really help.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

The help I have currently is inconsistent to say the least if you want to help me out on this painful quest and essentially just be my teleportation beacon and early boss killer then contact me. Ideally I'd like help from level 70 pirates, but level 20+ functions for the nearby milestones. If you have any questions or suggestions related to this challenge then please either contact me through this fourm.
    Last edited by piuy; 03-27-2021 at 08:11 PM.