PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Regular updates for pirate101 starting 2022

Now is a good time to dust off your pirates and level up the classes you haven't because likely around the fall/ winter pirate101 will be getting a new book. It clear that MGI has made it clear they want pirate101 up and running that they released funds and resources just to make it happen in the recent dev producer letter thing from Leah.

On a personal note, i redid my origin on my musk. I chose the keen eye instead of Natural spooky this recks as it effects trap and healing if you have any later. Also don't forget to go to blood shoals if your between level 20- 25 as their talents you allows you to chain your natural attack hits together such as burst fire in case you happen to be a new pirate here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (12-20-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Re: Regular updates for pirate101 starting 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Diary
    books are not in the plans just yet – that’s still a long way off and there’s too many uncertainties yet there to establish any firm answers on when or if that particular kind of content will be feasible for the team. We will focus on improving and expanding upon what’s in the game first, and then we can shift to content.
    I'm not being negative or putting a downer on your message - but there are no new books planned.

Source: https://www.wizard101.com/game/devdi...mes/2021wrapup

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (12-20-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

When I read the State of the Games, I thought it said we weren't going to see a new book for quite a while. They intend to do polishing and stuff like they did for Wizard101, basically re-work the early game and add some daily/weekly events for all levels before adding to the story.

If we do see an actual update for Pirate101 in 2022, it will definitely be a reason to celebrate. I don't mind starting new pirates, so if the beginning of the story changes, like they did the make-over for Wizards, it may feel like a completely new adventure.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (12-20-2021),Kryvul (01-05-2022),Tomas (12-20-2021)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Until all those positions on the job announcement page gets filled....nothing is happening for Pirate101.

Once they do get filled, expect several months of teaching the new hires how to make Pirate101 content.

From then until fall/winter, expect small content drops and adding items to the shop (i.e. packs, upgrade the tech that Wizard101 crown shop has, etc)

Expect by about fall/winter of next year that Pirate101 will finally have a bigger update (but it will NOT be a new book, more likely the big QoL update/beginning game polish/daily activities) and similar stuff to get ready for the "influx of players" intended when the books start churning again.

I wouldn't expect a new book until Spring of 2023, seeing how new Pirate101 world releases will probably have to happen opposite of Wizard101 major world releases (which usually occur in the fall timeframe).
    Last edited by Kingurz; 12-20-2021 at 08:46 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Kryvul (01-05-2022),Tomas (12-21-2021),Willowdreamer (12-21-2021)