Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ship Sale


  1. #1
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,492
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    8,326
    Thanks (Received)
    9,749
    Gold
    792
    Happy

    Ship Sale

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ship Sale.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	76959


    Save 25% off select ships in the Crown Shop until October 10th.





  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Tomas (10-05-2021)




  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    189
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    258
    Thanks (Received)
    351
    Gold
    216
    Lurking

    Re: Ship Sale

    Are any ships worth buying? I buy a lot of ship equipment, but I've never felt the need to buy any actual ships.I feel like we get good enough ships for gold, especially the level 70 ones are great. And I have a lot of bundle ships, but they're not that great. Also, we can't trade ships. I thought we could, but then I realised we couldn't when I wanted to give a ship to one of my lower level characters, which was upsetting.



  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

    Willowdreamer (10-05-2021)


  5. #3
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,492
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    8,326
    Thanks (Received)
    9,749
    Gold
    792
    Happy

    Re: Ship Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Are any ships worth buying? I buy a lot of ship equipment, but I've never felt the need to buy any actual ships.I feel like we get good enough ships for gold, especially the level 70 ones are great. And I have a lot of bundle ships, but they're not that great. Also, we can't trade ships. I thought we could, but then I realised we couldn't when I wanted to give a ship to one of my lower level characters, which was upsetting.
    Well, the ships from the Crown Shop aren't really all that different from ships acquired for gold -- except for the holiday ones. A player can purchase a ship from a world they haven't actually sailed to, though - so that could be a reason someone would buy one. The Captain's Quarters Cabin is also on sale, which isn't available for gold. It's an upgrade to the standard Cabin.

    It's too bad that the Ship Sale doesn't include the Halloween Galleons -- now that would be a huge opportunity for us.





  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Tomas (10-05-2021)


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    189
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    258
    Thanks (Received)
    351
    Gold
    216
    Lurking

    Re: Ship Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Well, the ships from the Crown Shop aren't really all that different from ships acquired for gold -- except for the holiday ones. A player can purchase a ship from a world they haven't actually sailed to, though - so that could be a reason someone would buy one. The Captain's Quarters Cabin is also on sale, which isn't available for gold. It's an upgrade to the standard Cabin.

    It's too bad that the Ship Sale doesn't include the Halloween Galleons -- now that would be a huge opportunity for us.

    I'd really like if bundle ships were on sale in the crowns shop too. The hoodoo bundle ship is my favorite one, but spending $29 per witchdoctor that I decide to create is definitely not worth it. And I have a build up of crowns that are just sort of sitting there. The ships in the crown shop are boring. It seems a bit silly to me to sell ships for crowns that look the exact same as their gold versions, and with the level 70 ships you can have any type of ship you want.

    I think it's along the lines of pet stitching - as in it's probably never going to happen - but ship stitching would be really cool.



  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

    Willowdreamer (10-06-2021)


  9. #5
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,492
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    8,326
    Thanks (Received)
    9,749
    Gold
    792
    Happy

    Re: Ship Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    I'd really like if bundle ships were on sale in the crowns shop too. The hoodoo bundle ship is my favorite one, but spending $29 per witchdoctor that I decide to create is definitely not worth it. And I have a build up of crowns that are just sort of sitting there. The ships in the crown shop are boring. It seems a bit silly to me to sell ships for crowns that look the exact same as their gold versions, and with the level 70 ships you can have any type of ship you want.

    I think it's along the lines of pet stitching - as in it's probably never going to happen - but ship stitching would be really cool.
    I agree - the ship aspects of the game are sorely lacking in originality. We need a ship equipment/nautical-themed focused pack, as well as more unique items in the Crowns shop to make our sailing more fun.





  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Kingurz (10-06-2021),Tomas (10-07-2021)


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    189
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    258
    Thanks (Received)
    351
    Gold
    216
    Lurking

    Re: Ship Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I agree - the ship aspects of the game are sorely lacking in originality. We need a ship equipment/nautical-themed focused pack, as well as more unique items in the Crowns shop to make our sailing more fun.

    There is a cool ranch ship, I think it's a banditoad ship, that I've seen a few times that is apparently "developer only", which would be nice to have. And there should be more flag decals too, where's the spooky themed, and birthday themed, etc - flag decals should be easy enough to make. I'm sure even the community could make them. I have zero artistic ability, lol, so don't ask me. But there's so much that could be done with ships.

    I know this isn't the thread for that though, but just noting my complaints, definitely need more ship stuff! I don't see the appeal of the same boring ships, sale or no sale.



  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

    Willowdreamer (10-07-2021)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •