PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Spookiest Treasure Hunting Tales!

Welcome Pirates!

It's time to reach deep inside of yourselves and grab ahold of your creative side!

It is time for another creative writing contest!!

CONTEST RULES
    • Entries must be unique and not copied from other entries.
    • Limit of 1 entry per person.
    • Stories should be between 500-750 words.
    • Stories should tell a tale of a hauntingly good time while out in the Spiral treasure hunting.
    • This contest will run from today, October 17 until 11:59pm Central time October 24.
    • If you have any questions, you can ask on my profile or via private message.

PRIZES

• 1st Place - 10,000 Crowns
    • 2nd Place - 5,000 Crowns
    • 3rd Place - 2,500 Crowns
    • 4th Place - 1,000 Crowns

Good luck ye treasure hunters and story tellers!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-23-2021),Scarlet. (10-27-2021),Shanky0 (10-22-2021),Tomas (10-23-2021),Willowdreamer (10-18-2021)

Shanky0 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Spookiest Treasure Hunting Tales!

“Journey into Devilfish Hollow” by Blake Wright

It had been a long day of sailing through the skyways of Skull Island for the crew of the Spiral Captain. The skies had been noticeably blackening slowly during the trek, until they finally turned into a chaotic storm. The situation was looking to be going for the worse, as the pirates were forced into the Corsair’s Channel. What seemed like a good idea at first, soon showed itself to be the least bad of the possible outcomes. For as soon as the galleon entered the canyon-like skyway, it was hit by gusts of wind created by the aforementioned shape of the channel. Furthermore, these dangerous winds were riling up the Sky Fish and Barracudas into a frenzy. The beasts were bumping and striking the ship with incredible force enough to make it difficult to steer the vessel. As the events looked to be turning for the dire, the captain ordered the crew to prepare for an emergency docking into the entrance of the dreaded cave Devilfish Hollow.

With a tremendous crash into the wall of the cave entrance, the pirate crew managed keep the galleon as steady as possible with hooks, ropes, and anything they had on hand. After managing to “dock” the ship, the crew made it off into the small island to prepare to reluctantly set up camp inside the cave. As they stepped into the cavern, the first mate made notice to the captain that the hollow felt different somehow. The crew had visited this place a few times in the past and were aware of its humid and warm atmosphere. Yet something did indeed feel off about it this time. As the captain was pondering this with the first mate something interrupted their trains of thoughts: a scream-like yell belonging to the witchdoctor of the crew. It would appear the resident Water Moles had abducted them deeper into the cave. With haste and ready for battle, the crew followed in pursuit. They could see in the distance some tribals carrying the taken crewmate past the Troggy encampment. However, there were no troggies to be seen. The only resistance found were the water moles, which were a lot tougher than usual. They appeared bigger and bulkier than usual, some even rivaling the water mole sumo the crew had faced in the past. As the pirates made it deeper into the hollow the air began to feel heavier than usual. Soon the reason of the unusual ambient became clear. The Grimtooth Shark Clan.

The scenery was difficult to comprehend to the common pirate. It would appear that the shark houngans of the depths of the hollow had begun a dark magic ritual. They had taken control over the water moles and were using the troggies and a giant spider as part of some sort of power spell. The size of the arachnid was overwhelmingly huge. It seemed like it had been blown full of the mojo enough to almost reach the ceiling. The eight-legged giant was placed at the center of a spell circle with the unconscious troggies wrapped to its legs. At the top of the creature stood what looked to be the leader of the sharks still chanting its spell. Filled with power the boss jumped off the spider to deal with the intruding pirates, taunting all the while. The crew jumped, figuratively, into action and began fighting the onslaught of enemies. The foes were tough, fueled by the power awarded by the spell. While the common grunt offered a decent fight to the crew, they weren’t tough enough to beat them. The boss, however, was another story. This shark seemed more adept to the air than the ground, because it was jumping and striking with such force that it left most of the crew on the ground. It was all down to the captain and the first mate. They had devised a strategy to take this fish out in one fell swoop. As soon as the shark leapt into the air once more the first mate took a shot of volleys as bait to draw attention while the captain took the finishing blow. It had worked, and the Grimtooth was sent falling into one of the lava pits of the cave. With this they had won, and the danger of the hollow was reduced to its usual decently threatening state. As for the crew. They camped out the rest of the storm that had driven them there with the grateful troggies.
    Last edited by Shanky0; 10-22-2021 at 11:50 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shanky0 For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (10-30-2021),Tomas (10-23-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Mooshu's Hope

There is still one island that has been left untouched for ages in the serenity that is Mooshu. No pirate, Samoorai, bandit, not even the Yakooza dare travel there. Nameless it remains because no one dares even think it. But grandfather says it’s the source of the darkness that once consumed the Emperor.
    Today I alone set forth to discover the mysteries behind this island. I’ve trained with my grandfather for years to prepare for this day – I alone have trained for grandfather alone was the only one to believe that the evil will one day return. A dark shadow has started seeping from the shorelines of the island. No one takes notice because no one remembers. A legend, a myth, a child’s tale they call it.

As is with the world, a natural balance exists. Those who remember cling on to the hope that something deep inside the abyss of the island will once and for all rid the world of whatever evil lies within. So today my crewmates and I sail forth. Past the vortexes and the borders of Mooshu.
    Once the ship arrives, the crew sees all the temptations the island has to offer. Mounds of gold. Treasure beyond the eye can see. But a trained eye can see its all tainted. A trap. Darkness shrouds every coin, every jewel present. We look beyond the glistening sea of valuables and continue our search.
    Through the dark forest, every step becomes heavy, and breath becomes labored the closer inward we go. Some crew start to doubt the treasure we are setting out to find, thinking of the gold we had just recently passed. I remind the crew that we are in search of the hope that will rid Mooshu of the evil that lingers, plotting to return one day.

We come upon a cave. Despite the light of our torches, no light penetrates the threshold of the entrance. The cave is consumed in darkness and continues still. It is eerily quiet, no sound can be heard from within. Everyone looks at each other in silence, unsure.

Not a few moments more, images start to appear within the cave. Wisps. Spirits. I no time we are surrounded by the ghosts of passed loved ones. Among the crowd is grandfather. While all the spirits remain restless looking for their family, grandfather is silent, unmoving. He doesn’t even look in my direction. He looks sad. His focus is not on me nor the cave, but the darkness. This was yet another test that we have not yet overcome. As pirates, it was already difficult for some crew to walk past the treasures sitting on the edge of the island. But with the chance to see past love, everyone was blind to the darkness creeping in. A coldness begun to creep in. I snap back into focus and yell at the crew to run into the cave. The second we breach the threshold, nothing but a blinding light appears. The cave is white, but nothingness.

Frustrated I threw down my sword. We have traveled all this way to find nothing. No treasure, no answers. I look back outside the cave entrance and all the ghosts have dissipated, except grandfather. He is fighting to stay present, but I can see his image start to fade. But he looks relieved. Happy? Before he completely disappears, I can see him smile. Did we succeed? How?

I turn around. The crew is just as confused. But in that moment, I knew.

The treasure and answer we had been searching for. The power to overcome the darkness and prevent it from every consuming Mooshu again. The hope that Mooshu can forever stay at peace and blossom with its beauty.

Us. As long as the citizens of Mooshu hail Peace, Kindness, and Goodness, no darkness can defeat it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet. For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (10-30-2021),Tomas (10-25-2021)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Tired

Corrupt Carlos wasn’t originally “corrupt” as per this capn’s name. He was a simple “Carlos,” born from parents as mysterious as the path to El Dorado. While the pirate be in fine tune with his crew aboard his oddly mystical ghost ships, there ain’t a cheerful child in the body of this young captain.
    One may believe this captain to be born of the adventurous parents who are reputable pirates. Both they are, but to only a few, Carlos’ parents also be dangerous risk takers. These two reckless rapscallions journey their way to skyways and islands unknown, just to claim the loot of the forgotten, forbidden legends. The treasures Carlos’ parents claim are said to be cursed and wretched that the tales of these “forbidden golds” alone send shivers to any pirate. Not even Vadima dares advise any pupil to pursue the “forbidden golds,” as there may be the chance that claim to these treasures requires sacrifice and a blood pact to the treasure’s master. Such warning does not stop Carlos’ parents, who yearn to be renowned pirates to master and claim ownership of these cursed treasures, especially the one in which no pirate dared to claim in the most wretched part of Darkmoor.
    In the deepest depths of Darkmoor lie a hidden passage, known to few as “Somber and Sorrow,” to unchartered lands even to the locals. At the heart of these lands is a place called “Blackened Keep,” where tales be told Darkmoor’s most valuable, yet possibly cursed treasure called “Darkest Desire” be kept. Legends say that this treasure was originally a bounty claimed by one of Darkmoor’s most vile-hearted pioneers, known to many as the “Devil Doctor.” A witchdoctor whose power and reputation precedes that of Madime Vadima. In the doctor’s final year of plundering, the legends told of the doctor’s comeuppance by the hands of his enemies and his then, disloyal crew members. In the Doctor’s final dying breaths, he cursed his entire crew and all treasures touched by the hands of said crewmates be inflicted with the curse of the “Weaper’s bounty.”
    “Weaper’s Bounty” be unlike any standard blackhearted curse of witchdoctors. This curse was a special one, one which instills tragedy and mutinous greed amongst those who dare claim and touch the Doctor’s loot. Any brave souls who wish to own the Doctor’s gold must sign a contract, signed with the claimer’s own blood, to eternal suffering and offer a soul sacrifice to remain amongst the living. Little did anyone know this contract would fall upon the parents of an unfortunate mother and father of the soon-to-be marooned child, Carlos.
    A mutiny aboard the ship? ‘Twas for good reason, even to the loyalist crewmate, Mike. This was the effect of the “Weaper’s Bounty,” in which the fool hearted parents of Carlos arrogantly took the Devil Doctor’s treasure from Darkmoor. Thinking their background of black magic can shield them from the Devil Doctor’s blight, the two pirates confidently snatched a chest from the “Blackened Keep.” In their final moments before the walk on the plank, Carlos’ parents handed their child an heirloom medallion and instructed the boy to escape to Kroktopia, where the Kroks have the knowledge to raise Carlos until the day comes to enact revenge. Despite Mike’s attempt to protect Carlos, the protector lost an eye as he aided the child’s escape as the cursed crew took Mike away for execution just like Carlos' parents. “Don’t look back, smile, and keep your head high. I will be with you, again, one day, kid,” before Mike was snatched to his unknown fate.
    Per the curse of the “Weaper’s bounty,” a sacrifice was made to preserve the child’s life, resulting in the birth of “Corrupt Carlos.” The boy’s heart was bestowed to the Devil of the “Blackened Keep” and the souls of his parents were shackled into eternal suffering. From the day he escaped, Corrupt Carlos yearned for vengeance and justice for his lost parents. Next time ye see this young, jolly ol’ scallywag, take heed. For behind that glowing smile lies a trapped young soul yearning for freedom, his trusted ally, Mike, his parents, and the cure to free himself from the “Weaper’s Bounty.”
    Last edited by Crushcut; 10-25-2021 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Added missing words

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (10-30-2021),Tomas (10-25-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Thank you participants!

Results will be posted and prizes handed out by the end of the week!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Scarlet. (10-27-2021),Shanky0 (10-26-2021),Tomas (10-30-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

WINNERS!!!

Congrats to our winners!!

1st - Crushcut
    2nd - Scarlet.
    3rd - ShankyO

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-30-2021),Tomas (10-30-2021),Willowdreamer (10-30-2021)