Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Angry Dungeon recall?!

Hi

I'm really annoyed. This keeps happening to me, all the time, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I was doing a dungeon in Aquila - a very difficult one, lost a lot companions. And I was low on health every battle, so when I got to the last boss fight of the dungeon I decided to port to a life fountain to refill my health.

I never learn. I lost all my progress because dungeon recall wouldn't show up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it shows up for some dungeons but sometimes it doesn't. I've had the same thing happen to me multiple times in other worlds like Marlybone and Cool Ranch. I lose health, leave to get some, and dungeon recall will not show up so I have to start the entire dungeon again.

It's really frustrating - am I doing something wrong? How do I avoid this happening?

I had to log off for today because I rejoined the dungeon, tried again, then lost even more companions. I now have 10+ companions on bed rest, even though if I refilled my health I should have been okay to finish it.

I was so close to level 60 too!

Why wont dungeon recall show up for me? Am I imagining this and it isn't actually even a thing in Pirate101? I'm almost certain I've had it show up many times before.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-03-2021),Willowdreamer (11-02-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Re: Dungeon recall?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Hi

I'm really annoyed. This keeps happening to me, all the time, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I was doing a dungeon in Aquila - a very difficult one, lost a lot companions. And I was low on health every battle, so when I got to the last boss fight of the dungeon I decided to port to a life fountain to refill my health.

I never learn. I lost all my progress because dungeon recall wouldn't show up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it shows up for some dungeons but sometimes it doesn't. I've had the same thing happen to me multiple times in other worlds like Marlybone and Cool Ranch. I lose health, leave to get some, and dungeon recall will not show up so I have to start the entire dungeon again.

It's really frustrating - am I doing something wrong? How do I avoid this happening?

I had to log off for today because I rejoined the dungeon, tried again, then lost even more companions. I now have 10+ companions on bed rest, even though if I refilled my health I should have been okay to finish it.

I was so close to level 60 too!

Why wont dungeon recall show up for me? Am I imagining this and it isn't actually even a thing in Pirate101? I'm almost certain I've had it show up many times before.
    So sorry to hear that you are needing to leave a dungeon to get health -- are you not entering with full potions to use between battles? Be that as it may, Dungeon Recall is one of those things that I don't rely on. I'm not sure if it is really meant to be used when you flee a battle more so that just leaving a dungeon by porting out. Try starting the next battle and fleeing rather than just porting to the Life Fountain.

Which dungeon are you stuck on? I'd be happy to try to help you through.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Tomas (11-02-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    So sorry to hear that you are needing to leave a dungeon to get health -- are you not entering with full potions to use between battles? Be that as it may, Dungeon Recall is one of those things that I don't rely on. I'm not sure if it is really meant to be used when you flee a battle more so that just leaving a dungeon by porting out. Try starting the next battle and fleeing rather than just porting to the Life Fountain.

Which dungeon are you stuck on? I'd be happy to try to help you through.

Thank you Willow.

I'm still not too sure about how to fill my potions - I know there is a Yumstand, but the prices are very high, like Miracle Mitch I just avoid them. And I've had a hard time figuring out where the blue things spawn to refill my potions - they seem very random. I think they're in docks mostly, but for some reason they're really hard to find.

I'm on "Vulture Club". It's where I have to defeat a lot of vultures in their cave, there's at least 4 or 5 battles I think, and no way to heal (unless I'm too blind to find the health - probably the case).

I'm really struggling with Aquila, I might need to go back to Mooshu and Marlybone and find some good side quests for XP. The enemies are hitting me with 500+ damage per hit, if they critical at all I just have to accept defeat. I can't dodge their hits, even though I'm a swashbuckler. I have 2,600 health and 132 dodge at level 59 - maybe once I'm level 60 I can improve that.

I'm trying to be more effecient in Pirate101 and figure out how to actually play the game. I've always depended on hiring henchmen and using all the crown shop companions that I could. But it wasn't very fun because I never learned how to play the game properly. Also, my favourite class is Buccaneer, and my Buccaneers *never* had any problems surviving fights, they're built very tough. I'm really struggling with classes like SwashBuckler that just sort of, can not survive a little breeze.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (11-02-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

I'm still not too sure about how to fill my potions - I know there is a Yumstand, but the prices are very high, like Miracle Mitch I just avoid them. And I've had a hard time figuring out where the blue things spawn to refill my potions - they seem very random. I think they're in docks mostly, but for some reason they're really hard to find.
    It's true - buying from Ryan the Relentless can cost a lot, so what I recommend is that you sail your ship from the Skull Island Docks along the Yellow Windlane. There are always several blue yums floating along that way. Also, if you continue on into Tradewinds Skyway, between the pink and yellow windlanes near Puerto Mico are several more yums to collect. Making your ship circle/spin in these locations allows you to take a bit of a break and when you come back, your Yum Potions will be full and you can port back to your mark in Aquila.

You can also fill your potion bottles at your house or in your cabin if you have one of the mini-game kiosks and can play the minigames well enough.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 11-02-2021 at 05:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Tomas (11-02-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

It's true - buying from Ryan the Relentless can cost a lot, so what I recommend is that you sail your ship from the Skull Island Docks along the Yellow Windlane. There are always several blue yums floating along that way. Also, if you continue on into Tradewinds Skyway, between the pink and yellow windlanes near Puerto Mico are several more yums to collect. Making your ship circle/spin in these locations allows you to take a bit of a break and when you come back, your Yum Potions will be full and you can port back to your mark in Aquila.

You can also fill your potion bottles at your house or in your cabin if you have one of the mini-game kiosks and can play the minigames well enough.

Oh, I didn't know the minigames refilled potions. I thought they were just for decoration. What's the easiest game do you think? I'm not sure about any of them. I know it depends on ability but is there an easy one like potion motion in Wizard101?

Thank you Willow.

I don't see the point in Miracle Mitch and Ryan, they're so expensive. I know Ryan was for make a wish, and I'm glad he was put into the game. I just wish these things were cheaper, they're just not worth it at all. And this is coming from someone who is always empty on potions and always has a lot of dead companions. I usually just have to log off after the enemies beat up all my companions and wait it out.

I know they're trying to get us to use a variety of different companions, which is nice and all, but it's like what Flash was saying on his thread, we should be able to play however we want to play. I really like the companions that keep dying. I know with my pirates that have ALL the crown shop companions, I still usually only use the same 3.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-03-2021),Willowdreamer (11-03-2021)

Flash33 is offline Navigator

• Flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Oh, I didn't know the minigames refilled potions. I thought they were just for decoration. What's the easiest game do you think? I'm not sure about any of them. I know it depends on ability but is there an easy one like potion motion in Wizard101?

Thank you Willow.

I don't see the point in Miracle Mitch and Ryan, they're so expensive. I know Ryan was for make a wish, and I'm glad he was put into the game. I just wish these things were cheaper, they're just not worth it at all. And this is coming from someone who is always empty on potions and always has a lot of dead companions. I usually just have to log off after the enemies beat up all my companions and wait it out.

I know they're trying to get us to use a variety of different companions, which is nice and all, but it's like what Flash was saying on his thread, we should be able to play however we want to play. I really like the companions that keep dying. I know with my pirates that have ALL the crown shop companions, I still usually only use the same 3.
    They're expensive for a reason: if you want to restock quickly as opposed to waiting then you're gonna have to pay up. Could they be lowered? Sure, but at the same time though they're not meant to be get out of jail free cards, so if they were cheap it would defeat the purpose of having a consequence for sloppy and poor play in the first place.

I get wanting to use the same 3 companions every time-I have my preferred ones too. That said, speaking from experience (and something I'm definitely guilty of) stubbornness and inflexibility can only get you so far, especially in the tougher Epic Battles such as Kane's Court, so there comes a point where you have to be willing to adapt and be flexible in team comps if you want to succeed. We have large crews for a reason, so we should utilize them when we can rather than constantly beating our heads against the wall with the same failed strategy.
    Last edited by Flash33; 11-03-2021 at 12:31 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash33 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-03-2021),Tomas (11-03-2021),Willowdreamer (11-03-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Thank you Willow.

Well, I haven't played the minigames in quite a while, but I think that there is a Coin Drop one that I remember as my yum filler for a while. You can go to the sigil in Avery's Court and give them each a try and see if there is one that you turn out to enjoy. If I remember correctly, you have to get to about the 3rd level or so to get any yum benefit out of it.

I guess I understand having favorite crew members, but I've enjoyed playing a randomized crew since the very beginning. To me, half of the fun in the game is winning a battle with some underdogs, and a final blow done by a pet. Not knowing who is going to turn up makes me generally a more defense-buffs-doubloons strategy player. I play mainly Witchdoctor, Musketeer or Privateer, but even my Buccaneers and Swashbucklers will wait for the enemy to come to us instead of rushing into their territory.

EDIT: I just had another thought - did you train your favorite team with the Scrapper Talent, to decrease their time spent on Bedrest? If they have Scrapper 3, that's 25% less time.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 11-03-2021 at 08:58 AM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
    They're expensive for a reason: if you want to restock quickly as opposed to waiting then you're gonna have to pay up. Could they be lowered? Sure, but at the same time though they're not meant to be get out of jail free cards, so if they were cheap it would defeat the purpose of having a consequence for sloppy and poor play in the first place.

I get wanting to use the same 3 companions every time-I have my preferred ones too. That said, speaking from experience (and something I'm definitely guilty of) stubbornness and inflexibility can only get you so far, especially in the tougher Epic Battles such as Kane's Court, so there comes a point where you have to be willing to adapt and be flexible in team comps if you want to succeed. We have large crews for a reason, so we should utilize them when we can rather than constantly beating our heads against the wall with the same failed strategy.
    I loved the sloppy and poor play part of your post, lol, it does describe how I play my swashbucklers specifically. I just run into battle and hope for the best - despite multiple people telling me to slow down on them. I think I'm just a natural buccaneer. Although, I have had a very nice buccaneer help me in Aquila and he was using witchdoctor spells and didn't even get close to the enemies at all!

Thank you Flash.

Well, I haven't played the minigames in quite a while, but I think that there is a Coin Drop one that I remember as my yum filler for a while. You can go to the sigil in Avery's Court and give them each a try and see if there is one that you turn out to enjoy. If I remember correctly, you have to get to about the 3rd level or so to get any yum benefit out of it.

I guess I understand having favorite crew members, but I've enjoyed playing a randomized crew since the very beginning. To me, half of the fun in the game is winning a battle with some underdogs, and a final blow done by a pet. Not knowing who is going to turn up makes me generally a more defense-buffs-doubloons strategy player. I play mainly Witchdoctor, Musketeer or Privateer, but even my Buccaneers and Swashbucklers will wait for the enemy to come to us instead of rushing into their territory.

EDIT: I just had another thought - did you train your favorite team with the Scrapper Talent, to decrease their time spent on Bedrest? If they have Scrapper 3, that's 25% less time.

Thank you Willow.

You seem to know so much about this game, probably because you explore it further than just following the main questline and training companions the way "they're supposed to be trained". I don't know of anyone that has trained anything other than the stats such as accuracy, health, weapon damage. I've always thought those things like pet wrangling and scrapper were a complete waste. I didn't even know they can go all the way up to 3!

Regardless, I've had some help from a very nice person in Avery Court. And now, on to the next difficult fight I can not get past! At least I've figured out the dungeon recall - you have to flee for it to work.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (11-03-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

I loved the sloppy and poor play part of your post, lol, it does describe how I play my swashbucklers specifically. I just run into battle and hope for the best - despite multiple people telling me to slow down on them. I think I'm just a natural buccaneer. Although, I have had a very nice buccaneer help me in Aquila and he was using witchdoctor spells and didn't even get close to the enemies at all!

Thank you Flash.

Thank you Willow.

You seem to know so much about this game, probably because you explore it further than just following the main questline and training companions the way "they're supposed to be trained". I don't know of anyone that has trained anything other than the stats such as accuracy, health, weapon damage. I've always thought those things like pet wrangling and scrapper were a complete waste. I didn't even know they can go all the way up to 3!

Regardless, I've had some help from a very nice person in Avery Court. And now, on to the next difficult fight I can not get past! At least I've figured out the dungeon recall - you have to flee for it to work.
    Well, I'm glad that you were able to find a friendly Pirate to help you get through. Thanks for posting this question, too -- you can't be the only player who was wondering how it worked.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Tomas (11-03-2021)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

The only time I've seen dungeon recall work reliably is when another player is keeping the dungeon "open" by staying in the instance.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Tomas (11-04-2021),Willowdreamer (11-04-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast