MichaelSpellCaster is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Flotsam

Hi everyone, I'm currently playing as an F2Per in P101 until I finish all the F2P side quests.

I got a few side quests today in Gullet which all required me to go to Flotsam Skyway.

Once I found Flotsam Skyway, it wouldn't let me pass. (It didn't tell me I had to buy the area)

I figure this may be because Flotsam is a skyway for Chapter 2 which I have yet to buy, but seeing as the quests I got to go there were in an F2P area I am unsure, please post below if you can help, thank you.

Caleb Holbrook is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Yeehaw
    Yes, you have to pay for that area. I think you have to get that new ship before you can go in there anyways.

Musketeer~Level 50
    My Profile~Privateer Index

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caleb Holbrook For This Useful Post:

MichaelSpellCaster (10-18-2012)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Re: Flotsam

Similarly to Wizard101, not all quests that can be accepted in free-to-play can be completed in free-to-play. You have to start buying areas to complete those quests (at which point you will find other side quests that you can accept but can't complete without buying more areas). There is a purpose to this. They want you to have to buy your way to finishing them.

-Agent Nightmare

iheartsy is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Wow, you pretty much have to buy A bunch of stuff just to be able to play or you can't get any further, this is really annoying, not everyone who gets onto a "Free play" game has money to buy that mess, that's why we go to the FREE games. Now I'm annoyed that I spent time on it, I didn't know to finish quests I had to purchase areas, I figured you only purchased certain pets or items. Now I find out I;ll never get to go any further... that's just a crime against gaming, Ya'll Email me when kingsisle comes to their senses.

Life is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by iheartsy View Post
    Wow, you pretty much have to buy A bunch of stuff just to be able to play or you can't get any further, this is really annoying, not everyone who gets onto a "Free play" game has money to buy that mess, that's why we go to the FREE games. Now I'm annoyed that I spent time on it, I didn't know to finish quests I had to purchase areas, I figured you only purchased certain pets or items. Now I find out I;ll never get to go any further... that's just a crime against gaming, Ya'll Email me when kingsisle comes to their senses.
    This is an absolutly foolish thing to say, but has been said by many before. I am not sure whether you're serious, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and explain the definition of "free gaming." Free gaming from random websites where you pay "nothing" for (Kongregate, Miniclip, Addicting Games, Etc.) though look free are truly not. One may think that adds are the only profit they gain, but that is not entirely true. While playing the games, the websites download bugs, programs, and more onto your computer. One program for example is searchnu. This website can be added onto ones computer, like mine when my son's friend wishes to play Minecraft. The website downloads things searchnu and pcfixnew and gets paid to do this. The viruses added actually take information from your computer such as passwords and sell them to companies. (Not Toy's R Us, but bad companies. :l) Kingsisle supplies us with a great game, a portion of it genuinly close to "free." Though some viruses get through, KingsIsle does a great job in limiting them. The company does need to gain profit though, so they "force" payment on you. They do not really "force you," and give you a good little sample of the game that is quite enjoyable, and gives you no time limit, or level limity, but if you want the whole meal you have to pay. A good example is Costco. Costco gives out little samples of food on their carts to try to persuade you into buying the product, but they most definatly don't hold you down and force you to buy the product. With this I hope you and anyone else feeling cheated now know the truth and learn that KingsIsle is not creating a "crime" against gaming. :P

I am sorry for any exagerating, or repetative content. Also I am not a good grammer and spelling person. Also any examples I used you should NOT fear, just make sure to be smart.
    Last edited by Life; 12-31-2012 at 05:27 AM.