TROYSILVERPAW is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Buccaneer Gear and Weapons

Does anyone have some advice for me plz. I have a level 8 Buccaneer and Iam trying to figure out what
    the best route to go is in means of armour and weapons. So many differant stats to choose from and I
    just have a hard time decideing on what's best for my Pirate. I know that Buccaneers favor slashy and
    smashy weapons (I think) but I don't know what would be the best thing to get in terms of Pirate gear.
    Or where to get it. And btw i am F2p and don't have any crowns available to me. Thanks for you advice
    and happy Pirating.

Captain Mordekai is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

Re: Buccaneer Gear and Weapons

There are lots of good no auction gear drops that give cards from Buster Crab in the dark cave. He also drops a pet as well. I have been farming this place for gear for over a week and I think there are three or four sets of different no auction outfits for each type of pirate. Definitely the place to farm!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Mordekai For This Useful Post:

3322964 (10-26-2012)

Sneaky Steven is offline Duplicate Member Awaiting Moderation
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Scurvy

Buccaneers like Smashy weapons, I recommend using the outfit that you get from the chest on Skull Mountain and for the Hat and Boots use Boots from Rapa Nui and and a Hat from Jonah Town. For a weapon, I recommend using the level 5+ wand that you get for helping Manny.

TheCommodore is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

For weapons, I am definite for your decision. Since you are a Buccaneer, you should look for whatever does the most damage, that boosts on strength. For armor, you should aim for getting something with highest health. Also, you can try to look for high health AND some damage, strength, and/or armor.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mordekai View Post
    There are lots of good no auction gear drops that give cards from Buster Crab in the dark cave. He also drops a pet as well. I have been farming this place for gear for over a week and I think there are three or four sets of different no auction outfits for each type of pirate. Definitely the place to farm!!!
    For weapons do Smashy/Slashy. Train in Privateer for the slashy power ups

I keep two sets of gear one with magic resist the other with phyiscal resist. Strenth is good but direct damage is better. If you can find both with resist that what i go for.

Keep in mind damage wise every five strenth is 1 damage. So having some strenth is good to make another damage unit always works.

Ring, token and charm is up to you what you think is best. What i did is found these with the double resistance ( magic and physical) that way i always have a bit of both at any time.