BLOGS

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrikeV2
    Ah, that makes sense. So new question: If Moordenaar's Magic Dispersion works by suppressing activity on the Astral Plane, how would that affect Shadowmancers? The same, different, or not at all?

Alright, so we know Shadowmancy did originate in the Shadow Realm, but that fact does not make it any less powerful than other magics because shadows are the "backbone" of the world. Would you mind explaining how they form this "backbone"?
    Just the same,because Moordnaar's Magic Dispersion doesn't affect solely the Astral Plane,but rather,affects everything on ''that level'' which means it works on the astral plane and its darker half.

When Light and Dark diverge,they are very much separate(The Sanctuary and the Abyss)and the closer they get to materializing(into the physical)the more they can begin to merge.This is why most mortals,like humans,have both good traits and bad traits,whereas higher beings like Spirits,have Dark Halves and Light Halves,as two different aspects of one form,still having both yet having them separate and even higher beings,like angels,haven't one or the other.

How exactly it is that the Shadow supports reality is something that I haven't fully defined,and even then,it enters into overy complicated things.But basically,Shadow acts as the bones of things in the real world,because nothingness is the blank slate upon which creation is built.
    I am curious, how would Jason fit into these categories? Is he a master? I think he's a Vamachra (hope I spelled that right), but there are some things in that category that don't quite fit him. Just want to hear your thoughts.
    Updated 05-12-2016 at 03:01 PM by ShadowStrikeV2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hoodoo Master
    Shadows themselves form a backbone to the world as it is,and as such manipulations on that level take a greater effect.It's like the difference between pushing with maximum strength on a hard spot,and pushing with minimal strength on a soft spot.It's just easier to affect reality with less powerful shadowmancy than it is with more powerful non-shadowmancy.

As for it originating in the Shadow Realm,most Shadowmancy did come from the Shadow Realm,before Morganthe came.After she punched a hole in the world of Shadow,she probably let others access the Realm of Insanity,and the Abyss,something that had only grown since Old Cob resurfaced.
    Ah, that makes sense. So new question: If Moordenaar's Magic Dispersion works by suppressing activity on the Astral Plane, how would that affect Shadowmancers? The same, different, or not at all?

Alright, so we know Shadowmancy did originate in the Shadow Realm, but that fact does not make it any less powerful than other magics because shadows are the "backbone" of the world. Would you mind explaining how they form this "backbone"?
    The energy used in Shadowmancy comes from the Shadow Realm, yes?

Assuming this is the case, would that mean that Shadowmancy is actually weaker than most magics? Or is there something about the Shadow Realm and the energy within it that makes it different from the others in a way that makes it more powerful?
    Shadows themselves form a backbone to the world as it is,and as such manipulations on that level take a greater effect.It's like the difference between pushing with maximum strength on a hard spot,and pushing with minimal strength on a soft spot.It's just easier to affect reality with less powerful shadowmancy than it is with more powerful non-shadowmancy.

As for it originating in the Shadow Realm,most Shadowmancy did come from the Shadow Realm,before Morganthe came.After she punched a hole in the world of Shadow,she probably let others access the Realm of Insanity,and the Abyss,something that had only grown since Old Cob resurfaced.
    The energy used in Shadowmancy comes from the Shadow Realm, yes?

Assuming this is the case, would that mean that Shadowmancy is actually weaker than most magics? Or is there something about the Shadow Realm and the energy within it that makes it different from the others in a way that makes it more powerful?
    I would like to add something:

Among the Shadow Realm's many attributes are two distinct ones that I have discovered: view mirrors, and increased travel. View mirrors, are self-explanatory; they allow one to take a glimpse into another Realm. My character Fearless has used this many times in the Gold Mines RP, for purposes I shall keep unknown. The Shadow Realm, being a dimension where warped things can be seen, has warped distance. In exact measurements, one foot travelled in the Shadow Realm is equivalent to traveling eight feet in the Spiral. To elaborate on view mirrors, these mirrors were first used by Hades the Unseen, the Aquilan Lord of Death, when he fell for his love Persephone. He was visited by a spirit from the Shadow Realm, at a time when there was an open link between the two. This link was almost destroyed, as it was directly over the River Lethe, deemed dangerous to Hades' kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne Radcliffe
    Very interesting analysis, Felix! Now that you did such a nice job of carefully categorizing, I wonder, what do you think about these aspects being combined? Could a mystic seeking Liberation - seeking to immerse themselves in the Universe, in the Holy, then after that experience take it (I would assume that such immersions are temporary, of course, human beings being as we are) and seek also Perfection?
    Well,the Vamachara does do that,entering a higher state,and coming back,grounding his abilities back into perfecting.

However,the Kaulachara are eclectic jack-of-all-trades mystic,in the same way that the pathworker is an eclectic jack-of-all-trades magician.

So,most mystics out there,are Kaulacharas,who strive for all three ideals.
    Very interesting analysis, Felix! Now that you did such a nice job of carefully categorizing, I wonder, what do you think about these aspects being combined? Could a mystic seeking Liberation - seeking to immerse themselves in the Universe, in the Holy, then after that experience take it (I would assume that such immersions are temporary, of course, human beings being as we are) and seek also Perfection?
    So, what kind of vampire romance is Shane von Shane and Tatyana?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2943
    Hey whos your mom?
    THE DESTRUCTION OF ALL OXYGEN LEADING TO MASS ASPHYXIATION!

SORRY,WRONG QUESTION.ANYWAYS,THE CLOSEST THING TO A MOTHER I HAVE IS THE PRIMEVAL CHAOS THAT EXISTED AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING.DO YOU KNOW HOW CONTROLLING SHE IS?
    1. How does Myth Magic work? And how does it change when it's taken a step further into Chaos Magic?
    2. Dakarai Setu despises Isfet, the Chaos of Nothing, but what does he feel towards Order? Such as the kind used by the Templar Order?
    3. If Setu were to come see Jason in action, what would he think of his style? His attitude?
    1.Alright.The power of the mind, and everything it can create, drives Myth Magic. It is illusion and dreams made real. If the Wizard can conceive it, it can be brought forth and even brought to life.Sometimes,these stories aren't his to begin with,but are the material of history and legend,animated by magic,by calling on the entities and events,through the memorization of their True names. Beware, though, for when imagination becomes too fanciful and whimsical, dreams can escape control and run wild.And when they do,discord and chaos ensues.Anything,and everything is allowed,even breaking the barrier and using spells of other schools.When one can let go of their imagination,and make it wild,then you have randomness...although,some would call it opportunity.And this is the kind of myth magic Dakarai works in.

2.Remember when I said everything was allowed?I meant almost everything.Order is not one of those things,order puts normality to it all.He doesn't mind it,as long is it does not dominate his own sphere of influence.The moment some order tries to release itself into his utopian anarchy,does it become an issue,which he will fight against,with immense fervour.But not quite the one Isfet gets him to...

3.Well,Dakarai for one is rarely bored.So I'm sure he'd be intrigued,because Jason does display a strong power of balance.Balance is variety,variety is eclecticism,and eclecticism is chaotic.But there is certainly more to Jason that would interest him...
    1. How does Myth Magic work? And how does it change when it's taken a step further into Chaos Magic?
    2. Dakarai Setu despises Isfet, the Chaos of Nothing, but what does he feel towards Order? Such as the kind used by the Templar Order?
    3. If Setu were to come see Jason in action, what would he think of his style? His attitude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakon
    My only question is how do you know that you speak in all caps? I feel like that's kind of breaking the fourth wall, even in a Q/A...
    LOOK,KID,THE FOURTH WALL IS SIMPLY A CONSTRUCT OF YOUR IMAGINATIONS,AND HAS LITTLE BASIS IN MY WORLDVIEW.

LITERALLY,I'M IN THE FOURTH WALL,OUTSIDE OF IT,AND I AM IT!I HAVE NO QUALMS WITH SHUTTING MY MOUTH ABOUT IT,YOU AND ALL THESE RANDOM SCRIBES WRITING DOWN EVERYTHING I SAY IN THE SAME MANNER THAT I HAVE NO QUALMS WITH JUMPING IN AND OUT.

AND IF YOU THINK ME FOURTH-WALL-BREAKING YOU SHOULD MEET MY FRIEND BOB.THE FOURTH WALL REALLY IS OLD,AND IT HAS THAT YUCKY PALE YELLOW COLOR TO IT...NO WONDER MICE LIVE IN IT.BOB IS ONE OF THESE FIFTH DIMENSIONAL RATS.THEY'RE KINDA FUN GUYS...
    Ok then, allow me to rephrase that. What are your feelings towards them? What do you see them as to yourself personally. Do you see them as enemies or hindrances? Or are they beneath your worry?

And why do you speak in all caps? Are you just that excited? And if so, about what?

Also, what are your thoughts about Vengeance, the spirit. Would you consider him an ally worth having on your side? Or are you uninterested in it? Do you find it childish in comparison to yourself?
    I THINK IN ALL CAPS.THAT'S WHY I TALK IN THEM.

FAR FROM A HINDRANCE,AND FAR FROM AN ENEMY!FAR FROM AN ALLY AS WELL.THINK OF IT AS THAT ONE INFERNO THAT'LL BURN YOU IF YOU GET TOO CLOSE,BUT WILL DESTROY YOUR ENEMIES IF YOU STAY AWAY.

HAHA,VENGEANCE?HE'S LUCKY HE'S ON GOOD TERMS WITH ME.HE'S A HYPOCRIT WHO MOCKS THOSE WHO DO NOT GIVE INTO THEIR OWN EVIL,YET STAYS OUT OF SIGHT,NOT GRASPING HIS OWN DESTINY.THAT IS,BEFORE THAT SHADOW GUY THREW HIM INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.THAT WAS HILARIOUS!

HEY,WANNA HEAR A JOKE?FREE WILL IS REAL!PSYCHE!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hoodoo Master
    YOUR QUESTION IS FLAWED.MY VIEW IS MY OBSERVATION,THAT WHICH TAINTS MY OBSERVATION.THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OBJECTIVE OBSERVATION,FOR EVERYTHING EXISTS IN ALIGNMENT WITH YOUR PERCEPTION OF IT,AS DO YOU EXIST IN SUCH A MANNER.

ERGO MY PERCEPTION IS ONE THAT'S FLEXIBLE BASED ON HOW YOU INTERPRET IT.I HAVE APPEARED TO MEN AS THEY HAVE PERCEIVED ME,AND HAVE THOUGHT THEM THAT WHICH THEY WERE ON THE VERGE OF KNOWING.YOU COULD SAY I'VE ALWAYS EXISTED AS THIS FIGURE,BUT I'VE NEVER EXISTED BEFORE YOU'VE ENGAGED ME.

THEN AGAIN,YOU HAVEN'T EITHER.

MY VIEW IS AS A FORCE BEST NOT TO MEDDLE WITH.BEST NOT OPPOSE THEM,NOR ALLY ONESELF WITH THEM.WHICH IS TO SAY,YOUR OBSERVATION OF MY VIEWS.
    Ok then, allow me to rephrase that. What are your feelings towards them? What do you see them as to yourself personally. Do you see them as enemies or hindrances? Or are they beneath your worry?

And why do you speak in all caps? Are you just that excited? And if so, about what?

Also, what are your thoughts about Vengeance, the spirit. Would you consider him an ally worth having on your side? Or are you uninterested in it? Do you find it childish in comparison to yourself?
    What is your view of the Templar Order and their master? Any high ranking member has access to knowledge more ancient than the elemental Titans themselves, and a direct line to the power of the Lord of Light aka Bon Dye, aka the Nameless God.
    YOUR QUESTION IS FLAWED.MY VIEW IS MY OBSERVATION,THAT WHICH TAINTS MY OBSERVATION.THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OBJECTIVE OBSERVATION,FOR EVERYTHING EXISTS IN ALIGNMENT WITH YOUR PERCEPTION OF IT,AS DO YOU EXIST IN SUCH A MANNER.

ERGO MY PERCEPTION IS ONE THAT'S FLEXIBLE BASED ON HOW YOU INTERPRET IT.I HAVE APPEARED TO MEN AS THEY HAVE PERCEIVED ME,AND HAVE THOUGHT THEM THAT WHICH THEY WERE ON THE VERGE OF KNOWING.YOU COULD SAY I'VE ALWAYS EXISTED AS THIS FIGURE,BUT I'VE NEVER EXISTED BEFORE YOU'VE ENGAGED ME.

THEN AGAIN,YOU HAVEN'T EITHER.

MY VIEW IS AS A FORCE BEST NOT TO MEDDLE WITH.BEST NOT OPPOSE THEM,NOR ALLY ONESELF WITH THEM.WHICH IS TO SAY,YOUR OBSERVATION OF MY VIEWS.
    What is your view of the Templar Order and their master? Any high ranking member has access to knowledge more ancient than the elemental Titans themselves, and a direct line to the power of the Lord of Light aka Bon Dye, aka the Nameless God.
    Updated 05-10-2015 at 12:48 PM by ShadowStrikeV2
    MY FAVORITE SONG,FOR FUTURE REFERENCE IS
    @ShadowStrikeV2 I am thankful for the compliments!Although,really,a lot of this came fro @the Undead Obeah who sent me messages.I just fixed the bazillion typos he made and edited some little pieces into this to mold the Well into what we have.Don't worry,of the lords,the first one I'll be talking about is my favorite:Sanura Mew-Sher.And trust me,her backstory is 100% original,I concocted it myself...
    @Mocca82 I fully agree.I wondered when it was time to reveal all of this to the public but remembered that I really ought to do it sooner or later.So in alignment with my Juggling Juju series,I will also be posting a bit on each of the Lords and their king,of course.Besides those 11 essays I have to write,I'm also doing a bit on the fay...well...the future is always on it's way!

So,thank you,mes amis for having read this.I just fixed a bunch of typos I made and highlighted the :'': to make them orange in the Dolls of New Albion style.
    Just have to say loved this blog, look forward to learning more about the individual lords of the well. This also helps ALOT as to getting things in "perspective" of the WoSRP.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast