BLOGS

ShadowStrikeV2

Interview: Cunning Hunter Sharp (Q&A)

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Q: Who were your parents?

A: Well, they were both former Valencian scholars who fled once the Armada began taking over. After fleeing to Skull Island, Avery took them in. My dad was a valuable member to his crew. You see, he wasn’t only a physicist, my father had also served in the Polarian War. He used his knowledge as a physicist to refine weapons. Giving them sharper blades or a more balanced weight. He would take cheap weapons and make them perfect. Selling them for often times more than ten times their original amount. My mother simply continued her studies with what she had and raised me, taught me all I know about manners and grammar, even if I don’t act like I know them sometimes.

Q: What are your powers, exactly?

A: Oh, I have diviner capabilities that I haven’t explored through very much, however I do know that I can launch arcs of electricity from my hand and through my rapier. That’s a fun trick. Uh, but I’m also a privateer, so I’m an adept healer. I’ve primarily been working on protection spells such as Valor’s Shield and Valor’s Fortress, but I also know some good damage increasing spells, Enduring Discipline and Fighting Fervor being a couple of them.

Q: How did you acquire these abilities?

A: Simple, I trained under the Commodore since I was nine, and- uh... before that I had a- uh….
incident.

Q: What was this “incident?”

A: *Heavy sigh* Well, for my eighth birthday, my father took me on a trip to Mooshu with him. He was carrying weapons to Mooshu for trade. It wasn’t all that bad, at first, but then the storm hit. It was terrifying… The rain fell so hard and so fast that you could barely see anything. The wind rocked the boat like a baby with a toy in the tub. We were blown severely off course, and the storm seemed to be following us… We were blown about for several days until finally- *Makes breaking motion with hands* A lightning bolt just snapped right in half, like it was made of twigs.

Q: How did you gain your diviner capabilities through this?

A: It hit me.

Q: What hit you?

A: The bolt, the lightning bolt hit me. It was a direct hit, but it didn’t harm me, just the ship.

Q: How could this have happened?

A: I can’t say. I’m not an expert when it comes to magic, but I know that’s where I got my diviner capabilities. I don’t know if it was pure luck, or some more powerful being had a hand in it…

Q: How did you survive? Your ship was snapped in half.

A: Jason. He found me while he was out doing something for Avery. I was very fortunate Avery happened send him to come along, otherwise I doubt I’d be here today.

Q: What’s your relationship with Jason?

A: We’re like brothers, me and him. We’ll take on the world, and together, nothing can stop us. We both lost our families, but with each other, we’ve found them again.

Q: Rumors say you lead the pirates who saved Skull Island from the Armada invasion. Is that true?

A: Only half true. I was technically their leader, but Jason and the other pirates helped me immensely. I couldn’t have done it without them.

Q: Well that’s all the time we have for now. Readers, we will begin taking questions in...3...2...1!

Hunter: I’ll also be taking questions for Jason too!

*Muffled clanging and banging backstage*

Jason: You better not!

Hunter: *Laughs hysterically*

Submit "Interview: Cunning Hunter Sharp (Q&A)" to Digg Submit "Interview: Cunning Hunter Sharp (Q&A)" to del.icio.us Submit "Interview: Cunning Hunter Sharp (Q&A)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Interview: Cunning Hunter Sharp (Q&A)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

1.Your favorite side of mathematics?

2.Have you ever considered following in your parent's footsteps and working in Natural Philopsophy?

3.Your storm magic is one you use on pure intuition.I know some people(CADEL!) who have been in the same position...would you ever consider formally harnessing it under a Spirit(Paralda,Zeus,Thor...),a teacher(Balestorm,me...) or some literature(Forces of the Titans(by Felix Yellowfish)...)?

4.As a lad,have you ever visited the theatres of Valencia?Curious,if you had come across the enigmatic figure of Lavish Maria Laverne

5.Your parents were natural philosophers,and needed the patronage of universities like Sivella and Padova,but also patron figures like...say...La Marchesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hoodoo Master
    1.Your favorite side of mathematics?

2.Have you ever considered following in your parent's footsteps and working in Natural Philopsophy?

3.Your storm magic is one you use on pure intuition.I know some people(CADEL!) who have been in the same position...would you ever consider formally harnessing it under a Spirit(Paralda,Zeus,Thor...),a teacher(Balestorm,me...) or some literature(Forces of the Titans(by Felix Yellowfish)...)?

4.As a lad,have you ever visited the theatres of Valencia?Curious,if you had come across the enigmatic figure of Lavish Maria Laverne

5.Your parents were natural philosophers,and needed the patronage of universities like Sivella and Padova,but also patron figures like...say...La Marchesa?
    1. My favorite side of mathematics? Well that'd have to be trigonometry. Triangles are powerful stuff in the magical world, so I figure, better learn the math of it!

2. No, not really. To be honest I always wanted to follow my dad in weapons refining. I found his blades so elegant and his sparklocks so enticing. It was a shame he had to pass...

3. I've never thought of that... I would certainly love to work it under a spirit so powerful like those, however I don't believe I'm quite ready. I'll have to ask Felix if he'd teach me how to work with the spirits of storm before I try that.

4. No, I'm afraid not. I was born on Skull Island, and my parents deemed Valencia too dangerous for me.

5. I guess they would, they studied at Sivella, under whom I do not know.
    To Hunter:

1. Who is your greatest enemy?

2. Who is your arch nemesis?

3. Since you and Jason are nearly brothers, how much do you two depend on each other?

To Jason:

1. You have traveled the "path of darkness" before, and at one point almost lost it however Cadel killed that darkness which had been controlling your actions and driving your life for so long. With that obviously came a loss of great power however it brought freedom into your life... do you ever foresee going back or do you want to avoid that path again at all costs?

2. Do you think that if you had stayed on your dark path and encountered Cadel while he too was still on his dark path... if the two of you had fought what do you think the battle would be like?

3. What do you think could have been the possibly outcomes?

4. You have a sister don't you? How important of an influence has she been in your life and how has it helped or effected you in a positive or possibly even in a negative way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocca82
    To Hunter:

1. Who is your greatest enemy?

2. Who is your arch nemesis?

3. Since you and Jason are nearly brothers, how much do you two depend on each other?

To Jason:

1. You have traveled the "path of darkness" before, and at one point almost lost it however Cadel killed that darkness which had been controlling your actions and driving your life for so long. With that obviously came a loss of great power however it brought freedom into your life... do you ever foresee going back or do you want to avoid that path again at all costs?

2. Do you think that if you had stayed on your dark path and encountered Cadel while he too was still on his dark path... if the two of you had fought what do you think the battle would be like?

3. What do you think could have been the possibly outcomes?

4. You have a sister don't you? How important of an influence has she been in your life and how has it helped or effected you in a positive or possibly even in a negative way?
    1&2. Aren't nemeses and greatest enemies the same thing? Anyways, I really don't have one. I haven't been a hero long enough to gain one, I suppose. I wonder if I will....

3. I depend on Jason for guidance a lot. That's what older brothers are for, right? And I provide support for him when he needs it. All in all, we wouldn't be the same without each other. When I first met him he was thoroughly depressed, but I got to him after a while.

*Grumbling can be heard*

1. Alright, first off, get your facts straight. Cadel didn't kill my evil. That had been lost long before him. He destroyed the Spirit of Vengeance. The spirit couldn't feed on my anger or hate any longer because that was taken from me, leaving me at an incredible imbalance of emotions, which lead to a semi-depression. What the Spirit fed off of was the angry emotions and thoughts of people around me, which was part of the reason I stayed away from people so much.

Now to answer your question, no. I simply am incapable of going down that path again, not only because I don't want to, but because my ability to hate or be angry had been taken.

2. A battle between our past selves? Devastating... I don't do this anymore, but my past self used to keep an immense surplus of magical energy stored within the scythe, enabling me to level mountains. My ultimate goal back then was to store enough energy to destroy an entire thread of the Spiral. I'd even shattered a small island to splinters just to show off. That was the goal, to show everyone that I was a force to be reckoned with. That I was powerful... A battle between the two of us? That may very well have ended in the destruction of an entire thread. I'm certainly glad that I wasn't on that path when I met him.

3. Like I said, we could have very well destroyed an entire thread of the spiral. If we were in Marleybone at the time, Marleybone could've been no more. Likewise with any other thread.

4. Well, during my early life, Vengeance had too great a hold on me to allow her any influence, but later... She risked her life to get me back to my old self. Without her I'd still be that monster, that "Dread Pirate" as they kept calling me... I can't imagine what the world would be like if she hadn't helped me. I wish she didn't have to go...

[Note: All answers are dated to just after the events of the HoBRP/SKRP (Heart of Bones/Skeleton Heart).]
    1. To both Hunter and Jason- How well do you handle social interaction?

2. Who are some of the most peculiar people you've come across?

3. What are your favorite colors? (I had to :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura no Miko
    1. To both Hunter and Jason- How well do you handle social interaction?

2. Who are some of the most peculiar people you've come across?

3. What are your favorite colors? (I had to :P)
    1. Hunter: I handle it pretty well. I love to meet new friends. Jason on the other hand... He just like being around people in general. Not that he's scared of social interaction, I don't know if he's scared of anything, but he' just doesn't seem to like it for some reason.

2. Hunter: Me? Well, that Rebecca [Xylamara's] was pretty unique, and secretive. Everyone knows I don't like secrets. I can't say for Jason though.

Jason: Peculiar... I've met a lot of unique people, it's hard to name just one. I'd have to go with Felix Yellowfish. It's not everyday you met the personification of magic itself. It's amazing how happy-go-lucky he can be considering his past.

3. Hunter: Blue!
    Jason: Black.
    To JAson...

1.What are your views on the following spirits:

A.Hecate,Lady of the Crossroads?

B.Thoth,the Scribe?

C.Titania,Queen of Fay?

D.Baba Yaga,Bony Legged Witch?

Yes I realize that's four questions,but to me it's one.

2.What is your worldview?Obviously,Hamakala's ilk are strong followers of his adversarial philosophy,of nihilism and hedonism,but I see that the Moodhist piece has given you a bit of existentialism and purpose to the world?

3.3 months of whispering on the part of Vengeance,did you think you should exorcise or banish him?And why did that not work?In fact,you may have been developing a bit of a Stockholm Syndrome?

4.What's your blood type?
    To JAson...

1.What are your views on the following spirits:

A.Hecate,Lady of the Crossroads?

B.Thoth,the Scribe?

C.Titania,Queen of Fay?

D.Baba Yaga,Bony Legged Witch?

Yes I realize that's four questions,but to me it's one.

2.What is your worldview?Obviously,Hamakala's ilk are strong followers of his adversarial philosophy,of nihilism and hedonism,but I see that the Moodhist piece has given you a bit of existentialism and purpose to the world?

3.3 months of whispering on the part of Vengeance,did you think you should exorcise or banish him?And why did that not work?In fact,you may have been developing a bit of a Stockholm Syndrome?

4.What's your blood type?
    1. I'm afraid I don't know these spirits. My knowledge of them is very limited. Therefore I really don't have any views on them. I wasn't like most. I didn't learn my abilities while under the service of spirits. I studied under ninja masters for shadowmancy and under monks to learn chi, but no spirits.

2. Well that's an interesting question. After Alexis freed me, I gave up my hedonism, but was still a nihilist for quite a while, but Hunter's views have influenced me. He believes there is a universal standard for good and bad, and I've come to see that he might be right. For now I'm caught in the middle.

3. Well, it didn't start out like that. His first whispers were so quite and so gentle that they felt like my own. Who knew Vengeance could be gentle? But under the guise of my own thoughts, he convinced me that vengeance was justice. After that I found that I liked what he told me. So no, I never thought to exorcise him because he only ever revealed himself to me after I decided I liked his ideas.

4. Blood type? I don't see why you'd want to know that... Are you a doctor? Anyways, it's O-negative.
    For Jason....

1.Can you explain your immortality?How does it make you feel?

2.And your lack of immorality,that you kicked away,would you consider it good or bad?

For Hunter...

1.How was your tutelage with Felix and the Spirits of Storm?

2.How did you feel about Arabalest?
    For Jason....

1.Can you explain your immortality?How does it make you feel?

2.And your lack of immorality,that you kicked away,would you consider it good or bad?
    1. My immortality is like that of the elves of old or the huntresses of Artemis. I cannot die of illness or old age, but if I should be fatally wounded in battle, I may die. I'm glad I have it, I have a feeling I wouldn't have gotten to see my sister again if I didn't, but there is a down side to it... I may have to watch her and Hunter grow old while I stay young, and that will not be pleasant.

2. Is this referring to my turning away from moral nihilism? If so, yes, I do consider it good. It gives me hope and a reason to live. On the other hand if you're referring to my inability to feel "immoral" emotions, such as anger, hate, fear, or temptation, [which judging by your VM is a possibility] then it could be considered good and bad. Without fear, anger, hate, and temptation, all my choices are influenced by reason alone. The down side is, it makes you imbalanced. Without those emotions, the things which would normally cause you to feel them, instead cause you to feel great pain and sorrow. However, I have recently regained the ability to feel those emotions, the bad part is I haven't felt them in so long that when I do, it's difficult to control.