BLOGS

The Hoodoo Master

Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt 6/7

Rate this Entry
After writing out my part on Shadowy artifacts,I wasn't sure what to do for the remaining two posts,so I left this series be.Recently,someone has told me that while they understand the principles and philosophies,as well as the abilities of Shadow Magic,they lack any solid information they can use on it's application.

Sure,they understand stepping in and out of the Shadow Realm and turning into monsters,but they don't acknowledge the possibilities that such a tight grip on the fabric of reality enables,either limited by their own imagination,or a lack of sufficient show of things.

First,we'll emphasize that the Shadow is a backbone of dark magic,a practice of enthropy,a force of darkness,and an essence in control.The key of Shadow Magic,is it's autonomy,it's ability to walk around the limits of mainstream magic.

This may seem vague,but think of it this way.But the wondrous and the miraculous are things that can only be accomplished by the Divine Providence of Light Magic miracle,or by the arcane workings of Shadow magic.Mainstream Magic will emphasize that fully raising the dead,in the sense that their Soul,Spirit,Mind and Body return fully sound is impossible.

The proof for this is real,the Soul having moved to it's next future,whereas it's imprint is summoned.Raion raised Lazarus from the dead,and the Shadow Queen did the same to Azteca's Lord of the Night.Although,the veneration of ancestors that existed in that region did help her.

Structuring is a basic skill necessary for all magic.And the malleability of energy enables someone to create an imprint on another plane and let it materialize.In another post,I will talk more about this skill,but it uses the power of the Source.In Khaos's energy,there is an emphasis on drawing on internal SHadowy energy.

This,in turn,means that the energy is very personalized,can be molded quite easily,and most importantly,recalled.If for some reason,the Shadow Magic goes wild,it isn't the magic that's going wild,but the caster.Not a very comforting thought,though.

Through Shadow Magic,many things can be structured and built.Including bridges,weapons of all kinds,nets,chains,and even more complex things.

Calling on Shadow Creatures,and assuming Shadowy forms are both fairly obvious albeit useful applications.Shadow Magic may also operate on another level,which is to say the Shadow Realm,wherein a person may enter another's shadow,defeating it on that plane,and quite literally taking control of the victim,in coercive possession.

Beyond this,incredibly powerful baneful magic may be worked upon another.Sigils,cast on the Shadow Realm,appear as Shadows in the physical world,and then take their toll.Spiritual darkness and oblivion,surrounding their victims.Nightmares brought into reality,and distilled into the mind to bring insanity.Pestilence and disease brought into reality,and distilled into the body to bring sickness.And finally,oblivion brought into reality,and distilled into the spirit,causing the Dark Night.

The true power of Shadow Magic is also it's eclectic nature.It has no care for what it uses so long as it works.Shadowmancers are fully permitted to call on the Lord of Light,his angels,his saints,and then quickly start conjuring demons,neither of which are tied into Shadow Magic,but both of which are possible in their own degree.

Shadowmancers,have a worldview of solipsism,nihilism,hedonism,and existentialism.They are the alleged core of their own existence,and they accept the view that everything exists as an aspect of their perception.To them,there is nothing greater than what they can become.As such,all devices seem like mediums to greater aspects of the self.

There is a special thing called the Backdoor,in Shadowmancy.The Backdoor is a gateway that when properly accessed,enables a Shadowmancer to use any form of magic as they will,with no restraints and no initiations.That means even super-secret Lovecraftian spells can be accessed,without the need of study,or practice,or initiation.The deeper and more secret the magic,the harder the Backdoor is to open.

The Backdoor resides not in life nor in death,not in the Shadow Realm,or Astral Plane,but in between light and darkness.It permits an adversarial look on things,and teaches secrets of corruption,wherein tainting something or someone with a shadowy air is a dark blessing,doing nigh-impossible things is a dark miracle,and eliminating all light-based creatures,and such,is dark exorcism.

In this sense,the essence of Shadow Magic is much like an adversarial light magic.Or Light Magic being adversarial shadow magic.Who can say?

Shadow Magic may be applied to pull things from the Shadow Realm,and commanding things like corrupted bees,and corrupted treants.Sometimes,gateways may be opened leading into entire realms of power.Visions may pour from the Abyss,more detailed than any scrying mirror could ever could be.

In the end,the truer application of Shadow Magic is a greater understanding of the self and the world around the magician.Just as the magician learns about it,his descend into the Abyss,is also his ascent to power.He may transcend whatever the mystic wants,with the intent of becoming a fully-individuated and deified consciousness.

MAny have achieved this,rejecting the passage of life,death,and rebirth,and many have been devoured by Her dark light.She feeds,she eats,she devours.

The Hungry One,is another term for Khaos,the Grand Isfet.

Binding and feeding souls is another aspect of the Shadowmancer,who kills with magic and keeps the Soul for himself,as the Void insists.Even all of this,however,is only a beginning,as the constant application of the Shadows in the life of the Operator turns more and more profound,and any magic may be accessed,and any magic may be altered,so too may the very act of thought become magical.

Ritual,and spellmastery would be beautiful and ornamental novelties with no real purpose,as the Shadowmancer at his peak can think the world to realign at his will.

Among the Shadow Realm's many attributes are two distinct ones that I have discovered: view mirrors, and increased travel. View mirrors, are self-explanatory; they allow one to take a glimpse into another Realm. My character Fearless has used this many times in the Gold Mines RP, for purposes I shall keep unknown. The Shadow Realm, being a dimension where warped things can be seen, has warped distance. In exact measurements, one foot travelled in the Shadow Realm is equivalent to traveling eight feet in the Spiral. To elaborate on view mirrors, these mirrors were first used by Hades the Unseen, the Aquilan Lord of Death, when he fell for his love Persephone. He was visited by a spirit from the Shadow Realm, at a time when there was an open link between the two. This link was almost destroyed, as it was directly over the River Lethe, deemed dangerous to Hades' kingdom.

Submit "Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt 6/7" to Digg Submit "Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt 6/7" to del.icio.us Submit "Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt 6/7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt 6/7" to Google

Updated 09-10-2015 at 05:18 AM by The Hoodoo Master

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I would like to add something:

Among the Shadow Realm's many attributes are two distinct ones that I have discovered: view mirrors, and increased travel. View mirrors, are self-explanatory; they allow one to take a glimpse into another Realm. My character Fearless has used this many times in the Gold Mines RP, for purposes I shall keep unknown. The Shadow Realm, being a dimension where warped things can be seen, has warped distance. In exact measurements, one foot travelled in the Shadow Realm is equivalent to traveling eight feet in the Spiral. To elaborate on view mirrors, these mirrors were first used by Hades the Unseen, the Aquilan Lord of Death, when he fell for his love Persephone. He was visited by a spirit from the Shadow Realm, at a time when there was an open link between the two. This link was almost destroyed, as it was directly over the River Lethe, deemed dangerous to Hades' kingdom.