•  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Fight the Mad Cow: Illustrated guide to Kow Cheng's Tomb.

Fight the Mad Cow: Illustrated guide to Kow Cheng's Tomb.

Hello everybody, flash33 here and today I've decided to bring you a guide to kow cheng's tomb. Now this is the final area you go to when working on the side questline starting with "The Moo Manchurian Candidate". The location of the tomb is in the Sacred Mountain in mooshu, right outside monkey king's cave.

The fights

The tomb actually consists of 2 separate fights and if you've played wizard101, then this will look like an evil version of the emperor's throne room in the jade palace area in mooshu. Note that for each fight although you'll have the option to pick and choose your companions for both, you'll be able to pick and choose either 2 or 3 companions for the fight (and yes, this is random when it does this and each person has the same chance to pick and choose either 2 or 3 companions for each fight).

Fight 1 Overview

Fight goals: Bang the Gong; Defeat all enemies.

Fight one consists of fight 3-5 terracotta warriors (aka kow cheng's leigons) if you're solo. The terracotta warriors themeslves range from levels 47-49, are of the buccaneer faction and come with the following epics: cheap shot, second chance and bladestorm (one rank in each) and also 3 powers: leviathan's call (reduces damage), shark's fury (increases strength) and a power that decreases your accuracy for 9 turns (I believe that it's called mighty charge, and it can crit as well, so there's that). They deal primarily physical damage.

Right before you pick your companions old scratch will tell you to bang the gong. This is very important to do and should be your first priority, as until you bang the gong kow cheng's soldiers will be immune to damage. Once you bang the gong, their damage immunity shields will fade, allowing you to attack them freely.

Once defeated, the terracotta warriors can drop gold, gear and sometimes even housing items as well, so there's that.

Fight 1 strategies

A good strategy that I personally like to imploy is to first get your summons out as quickly as possible and put them as close to the terracotta warriors as you can. Doing this makes it more likely that the enemies will focus on them, and since they almost always start out with the reduce accuracy power as their first attack, it''ll be better for you in the long run that your summons (and pet if they appear in the fight with you) take that debuff and not you.

Theoretically you could just bum rush into the gong with all your units, but I would advise against this as it would just result in your units taking uncessicary damage in the process.

If you have the ability to use an invisibility power like walk in shadows then use it if you're planning on going for the gong. This is because when you're invisible you can ignore the enemies cheap shot talents and sneak by them with ease.

For witchdoctors and swashbucklers, the power called shadow step is perfect for getting to the gong, though I would highly advise waiting a round or 2 before using it, that way the terracotta warriors won't immediately turn on you and focus you down (this is assuming that you got shadow step on the very first round of the fight).

Once a unit bangs the gong, the shields drop right then and there, so if after you order a unit to bang the gong you still have units to order, then have those remaning units attack the terracotta warriors for extra damage (i.e. if you ordered kan po to bang the gong but still needed to give an order to old scratch afterwards, have him attack the terracotta warriors for that little bit of extra damage).

If you really feel like doing so, then you can also use debuffs even before the gong has been banged. Remember that the shields only make them immune to damage but not debuffs like reduce dodge, reduce damage, reduce armor, reduce accuracy, etc.

Fight 2 Overview

Fight goals: Defeat Moo Manchu.

This is the final fight against moo manchu, his thugs and if 2 or more people join in on the fight, then helephant destroyers as well. Moo manchu himself is a witchdoctor, is lv.50 and comes with the talent improved mojo blast (rank 2), mojo echo (rank 2), readied spell (rank 1) and the following powers: *jobu's breath, wyvern's song, raven's cry and I believe shadow step. Moo manchu deals primarily magic damage.

His minions are both melee and ranged and are mostly lv.38 with some at lv.48 as well (factions are swashbuckler and musketeer respectively). The melee units come with the following epic talents: flanking (rank 2), relentless (rank 2) and bladestorm (rank 1). The ranged units come with the following epic talents: double-tap (rank 1) and return fire (rank 2). Both do primarily physical damage. Note that for the melee mobs, the ones with the axes have flanking, while the ones with the spiked clubs have relentless.

The helephant destroyers are lv.48 privateers, are melee and have the following epic talents: hold the line, bladestorm and repel boarders. Like the moo manchu thugs, they deal primarily physical damage.

The helephants that spawn from defeated enemies are lvs.38-49, are privateers and come with the following talents: hold the line, vengeance strike and bladestorm. They deal primarily physical damage.

Moo manchu starts out surrounded by 5 of his followers (aka moo manchu thugs) with one thug and the helephant destroyers spawning a little further away from him. Now this fight is actually unique in the fact that if an enemy unit dies, then they automatically turn into a helephant where they died at and can move again once it's their turn (the same goes for defeated helephant destroyers and helephants). This means that no matter what you cannot defeat the minions just to get to fight moo manchu all by himself. Strangely upon defeat even moo manchu himself turns into a helephant, which I found very odd if you ask me (EDIT: As of a recent update, moo manchu no longer turns into a helelephant upon defeat, but he still does occasionally shrink upon defeat on occasions so keep that in mind when fighting him).

Once moo manchu falls, the fight is over and treasure chests spawn for every remaining enemy, even the helephants. Within the chests have the chance to be gold, gear, housing items and even moo manchu's gear as well (both his clothes and his wand), though note that his clothes cannot currently be dyed, so they'll always be colored red until KI makes them dyeable.

*Note that he actually uses an aoe version of jobu's breath, which can affect up to 9 units at once, can critical and yes, this is jobu's breath, not jobu's kiss or jobu's embrace as only one skull appears and circles around the effected units.

Fight 2 Strategies

Since he's a witchdoctor he's pretty resilant/resistant to energy/magical-based attacks, but very weak to physical attacks. Because of this, using physical attacks on him will make him fall faster than with just purely magical attacks.

The epic talent witch hunter can work wonders here, as it will trigger every time moo manchu uses an attack or power on the unit with witch hunter, thus resulting in the attack of moo manchu having it's damage reduced for that round.

Don't under-estimate the thugs and helephants. Though they're only lv.38 and 48 respectively they can do allot of damage to you and your units if you're not careful, so take heed.

Note that for the helephants, if a melee unit killed their thug form, then their helephant form's vengeance strike will activate that same turn, and also the helephant counts as another unit as well in terms of round actions, so keep those in mind as well.

Also note that for the helephant destroyer enemies, they will only appear if there's 2 or more pirate's/people doing the fight at once so keep that in mind when facing them.

And that's all there is to it. I hope you enjoyed my guide on kow cheng's tomb. If you liked this guide then please leave a post in the comments section below and if you didn't then please tell me why not. Until we meet again gamers, thank you for your time and happy gaming.

This post contains 7 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Flash33; 07-25-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Updated.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash33 For This Useful Post:

Cedric Young (07-03-2013),Disloyal (01-23-2013),El Capitano (08-02-2013),miche124 (09-26-2014),smvb (09-02-2016),whitedizz4 (09-27-2014)

Disloyal is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Disloyal's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Disloyal Brand
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Santa Oro
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Sleepy

Re: Fight the mad cow: Illustrated guide to Kow Cheng's Tomb.

Thanks for the guide when I did it a while back I had trouble on the terracotta warriors cause of the reduce accuracy on the first round then I had to bang the gong
    "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"-William Shakespeare
    "You can love me or you can hate me."-Dennis Rodman

cut_ur_throat is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

Thank you for the guide it will be helpful to the people who haven't done it before

Flash33 is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Okay guys, the guide has been updated with pictures as well as a picture of moo manchu using raven's cry on one of his melee minions, which surprised me to be completely honest with you there.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

One of KI's updates a while back said that Moo Manchu will no longer turn into an oni or shrink upon defeat.

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I've updated the guide with moo manchu's new epics, mojo echo 2 and readied spell 1 respectively, so there's that at least.

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Okay all of you guys and girls this guide has been updated so check to see the updates when you have the time to do so.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I got all prepared using this guide, but this guide didn't mention the three pigs in the first room. Then, in the entrance to the tomb I see the gong, but there was no instruction to bang it, and the enemies are not shielded. "Defeat all enemies" was the only instruction. All my card sorting assumed that this guide was current, but I have to wonder if it's no longer the same. At this point I just fled, because I lost a companion to the unexpected enemies and didn't want to face Moo without him. Also, I found it frustrating that when entering the "house" there was no dungeon message.

Can someone please tell me if these instructions are current, or if I just left too soon?

King6510 is offline Lookout

• King6510's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Golden Chris Silver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by miche124 View Post
    I got all prepared using this guide, but this guide didn't mention the three pigs in the first room. Then, in the entrance to the tomb I see the gong, but there was no instruction to bang it, and the enemies are not shielded. "Defeat all enemies" was the only instruction. All my card sorting assumed that this guide was current, but I have to wonder if it's no longer the same. At this point I just fled, because I lost a companion to the unexpected enemies and didn't want to face Moo without him. Also, I found it frustrating that when entering the "house" there was no dungeon message.

Can someone please tell me if these instructions are current, or if I just left too soon?
    This is an old thread displaying the Tomb of Kow Cheng not the Tower of Moo Manchu.

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

-GoldenChrisSilver Level70W GoldenChrisSilver Level70B GoldenChrisSilver Level70SGoldenChristinaSilver Level70P GoldenChristinaSilver Level25M

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King6510 For This Useful Post:

Flash33 (09-27-2014)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Quote Originally Posted by miche124 View Post

This guide was made back when the Tomb of Kow Cheng was only 2 fights and was in it's old location as well, near the cave where Monkey King was being held prisoner at as well. Since making this guide Kingsisle has gone and added more floors to the Tomb of Kow Cheng dungeon and they also went and moved it's location to be closer to the actual entrance to the Sacred Mountain area as well. However, that being said though however, this guide is still accurate in that the final 2 fights of the newly revamped dungeon have not been changed at all in the slightest, so there's that at least.

This post contains 3 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash33 For This Useful Post:

miche124 (09-27-2014),smvb (09-02-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast