•  The Santa Oro
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Sleepy

Tips for buccaneers in pvp

I just wanted to make some tips for buccaneers because they are not very good in pvp because of the bad accuracy,bad dodge and only 3 charge attacks I will show how to win or almost win vs each class.

VS Swashbucklers

Buccaneers and Swashbucklers have good damage but the reason buccaneers lose to swashbucklers a lot is there accuracy and dodge. Swashbucklers can do a lot of damage so when you fight them you want to put on lots of armor. Swashbucklers will use the normal companions like

El toro
    Sarah Steele
    Bonnie Annie
    Subodai

I would use some good musketeer companions like (Bonnie Annie,Billy The Kid,Rooster Cogburn if you don't have him do the side quest for the pig raider crossbowman )

All swashbucklers companions do a lot of damage but if you have lots of armor and do this card there damage will be weak

Name:  call.png
Views: 1058
Size:  55.6 KB

I also considering the Earth Guardians Mace it gives

Strength
    119-198 Damage
    6 Armor
    Plus Second Chance

VS WITCHDOCTORS

This is a class buccaneers have trouble with because of the zero resistance but the good part is witchdoctors have no armor so we have to kill them first or they kill us first. Witchdoctors will most likely use great JuJu so be prepaired for a fight.

There Companions will most likely be:

Kan po
    Bonnie Annie
    El Toro
    Monkey King
    Old Scratch( Sometimes )

Considering Kan po, El toro and monkey king hit hard you still want some armor

To Kill the witchdoctors fast try to use whale might it gives 100% Strength Which makes you do tons of damage

Witchdoctors have bad accuracy and dodge but most of there companions will be swashbucklers so you still want some accuracy

VS PRIVATEERS
    Every class has a hard time trying to beat privateers because of all the buffs and the heals but don't worry you can still beat them privateers attacks are kinda weak but when they buff up there companions they do super damage.

Most Privateer companions are

Iago
    El toro
    Bonnie Annie
    Wild bill peacock(sometimes)
    Jane canary
    Egg shen
    Emmett

You also might want some armor when you fight privateers because what I said about when they buff up there companions they do tons of damage
    If I were you I would pick 3 from this list bonnie annie,El toro,Kobe Yojimbo,monkey king,Billy the kid

I say never use

Nadya
    Monquistador Crossbowman(good musketeer but no burst fire)
    The Lost Ranger
    Watermole Slingman
    Last edited by Disloyal; 03-03-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"-William Shakespeare
    "You can love me or you can hate me."-Dennis Rodman

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Disloyal For This Useful Post:

Cedric Young (03-03-2013),Mythern1303 (07-18-2013),Peanut Butter King (03-03-2013)

Endercat is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Endercat's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Virtuous Pearl Everhart
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilan Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bored

Re: Tips for buccaneers in pvp

This is good for high levels, but I can see some issues with lower levels. If you are a low-level Buccaneer against a similar-leveled Witchdoctor, the Buccs don't have as much stuff, and the WDs will likely have Ghostwail or a more powerful version in their starting hand. Combine that with a Bucc's pathetic resistance, Bonnie Anne as a staple of pvp, plus Kan Po, who is also a staple, and the Bucc? Instant death(ok, not INSTANT death, but how do you recover from that?). Please try to make this appeal to lower levels, not just the higher ones. Not everybody waits to fight until 50 and it's not fair to our lower players(like me) who want to do it occasionally even though I'm just level 12 on my highest character and 5 on my Buccaneer.
    "Really? Sailor zombie in a mall? Unbelivable!"
    -Penn, Penn Zero: Part Time Hero|
    Profiles

Disloyal is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Disloyal's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Disloyal Brand
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Santa Oro
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by bnbnbnbn34299 View Post
    This is good for high levels, but I can see some issues with lower levels. If you are a low-level Buccaneer against a similar-leveled Witchdoctor, the Buccs don't have as much stuff, and the WDs will likely have Ghostwail or a more powerful version in their starting hand. Combine that with a Bucc's pathetic resistance, Bonnie Anne as a staple of pvp, plus Kan Po, who is also a staple, and the Bucc? Instant death(ok, not INSTANT death, but how do you recover from that?). Please try to make this appeal to lower levels, not just the higher ones. Not everybody waits to fight until 50 and it's not fair to our lower players(like me) who want to do it occasionally even though I'm just level 12 on my highest character and 5 on my Buccaneer.
    This was mainly for higher levels because they do a lot of pvp with the ladder matches or what ever its called,but when you are a low level your attacks are weak so just a little armor is a good thing. I would use kobe,bonnie annie, and your presidio companion in each of your pvp fight when you are a low level thoso are your best companions. Kobe can kill kan po when they both are a student,and if kobe cant kill him that when bonnie comes in and when you don't have a healing card that is another reason why bonnie is one of the best companions in the game.If that witchdoctor does Ghostwail it will be weak.
    "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"-William Shakespeare

Long John Silver is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Mellow

Using the Earth Guardian's Mace or the Metal Guardian's Blade is a terrible idea.

First Strike allows you 2 attacks per turn and that means 2 times for a Swashbuckler to activate Riposte or even Vengeance Strike.
    With 2nd chance you sort of run into the same problem activating Riposte potentially twice per turn..increasing your chances to get hit for massive damage.

Friar Sand's Axe is the perfect weapon in that if you miss you get hit and have a chance at Vengeance Strike. The problem is you run into the same thing as the other weapons if your Vengeance Strike misses you activate a Riposte. HOWEVER, Friar's Axe also can grant an immunity bonus. Which is key to surviving in the thick of battle. You get no damage well then your opponent just wasted a turn and maybe you'll be able to heal etc.

Damage wise:

Earth Guardian's Mace - up to 198 dmg
    Metal Guardian's Blade - up to 230 dmg
    Friar Sand's Axe - up to 215 dmg

Metal Guardian is the obvious winner but sometimes it isn't always about raw damage.
    Buccaneers can train in Slashy weapons, I think...Privateers can train in Smashy...cross training allows you to gain additional bonuses from hybrids weapons like these. For example; I can a bonus from the Water Guardian's Staff as a Smashy weapon. I can do up to 233 dmg...but I equip the Destiny's Defender a Smashy/Slashy weapon I can do up to 240 damage despite the fact that by itself the Staff does 198 dmg while the Defender only does up to 185 dmg. Let's not forget that the Destiny's Defender also grants me an 11+ Armor bonus increasing my chances to survive against Melee characters significantly.

“So this is where God put the West." - John Wayne

Disloyal is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Disloyal's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Disloyal Brand
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Santa Oro
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silver View Post
    Using the Earth Guardian's Mace or the Metal Guardian's Blade is a terrible idea.

First Strike allows you 2 attacks per turn and that means 2 times for a Swashbuckler to activate Riposte or even Vengeance Strike.
    With 2nd chance you sort of run into the same problem activating Riposte potentially twice per turn..increasing your chances to get hit for massive damage.

Friar Sand's Axe is the perfect weapon in that if you miss you get hit and have a chance at Vengeance Strike. The problem is you run into the same thing as the other weapons if your Vengeance Strike misses you activate a Riposte. HOWEVER, Friar's Axe also can grant an immunity bonus. Which is key to surviving in the thick of battle. You get no damage well then your opponent just wasted a turn and maybe you'll be able to heal etc.

Damage wise:

Earth Guardian's Mace - up to 198 dmg
    Metal Guardian's Blade - up to 230 dmg
    Friar Sand's Axe - up to 215 dmg

Metal Guardian is the obvious winner but sometimes it isn't always about raw damage.
    Buccaneers can train in Slashy weapons, I think...Privateers can train in Smashy...cross training allows you to gain additional bonuses from hybrids weapons like these. For example; I can a bonus from the Water Guardian's Staff as a Smashy weapon. I can do up to 233 dmg...but I equip the Destiny's Defender a Smashy/Slashy weapon I can do up to 240 damage despite the fact that by itself the Staff does 198 dmg while the Defender only does up to 185 dmg. Let's not forget that the Destiny's Defender also grants me an 11+ Armor bonus increasing my chances to survive against Melee characters significantly.
    If you said the metal and earth guardian weapon is terrible then Friar Sand's Axe is terrible all it does is give you immunity for one round plus levithan's call last for 10 rounds and if you have 2 like me you dont need to worry about there damage
    Last edited by Disloyal; 03-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Lucas Walker is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Disloyal View Post
    If you said the metal and earth guardian weapon is terrible then Friar Sand's Axe is terrible all it does is give you immunity for one round plus levithan's call last for 10 rounds and if you have 2 like me you dont need to worry about there damage
    One turn can mean the difference between a victory or a loss. TBH, Friar Sand's Axe is the better choice for PvP because the extra vengeance strike and the temporary immunity. You can hit without the worry of taking damage. This could enable you to take out a companion that is almost dead and activate your bladestorm. First Strike is nice, but as a Buccaneer you'll always find yourself fighting a Swashbuckler player or companion. Their high dodge will make first strike hurt you more than it does them.

Friar Sand's Axe > Every other slashy/smashy weapon in the game as of right now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucas Walker For This Useful Post:

Long John Silver (03-03-2013)

Long John Silver is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Mellow

Lucas Walker just proved my point I had made in my last post with fewer words. Bravo.

“So this is where God put the West." - John Wayne

Clownsanity is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Walker View Post
    One turn can mean the difference between a victory or a loss. TBH, Friar Sand's Axe is the better choice for PvP because the extra vengeance strike and the temporary immunity. You can hit without the worry of taking damage. This could enable you to take out a companion that is almost dead and activate your bladestorm. First Strike is nice, but as a Buccaneer you'll always find yourself fighting a Swashbuckler player or companion. Their high dodge will make first strike hurt you more than it does them.

Friar Sand's Axe > Every other slashy/smashy weapon in the game as of right now.
    Too much situational, at this point i would use a valor armor (not fortress) 5x your damage as resistance would means almost an invulnerability (around 1200 of shield) maybe combined with damage debuffers like leviathan's call seems more reliable; yes a single target shield is not the same of an area shield but i don't think would be a wise move to stick your char+companions (poison no one? Musketeer aoe no one?) also if i would see such a move i could suppose you would use some aoe buff (shield), not mentioning you go with an huge axe on your back, i will know that for one turn you will use it's power; also 4x vengeance strikes (3 base +1 from weapon)? Hmmm! Again too much situational, there are too much many IF in your statements, so you show the optimal situation (wich could include also a blade storm, IF happens to kill an enemy in that same turn), how many times it occurred? How many times, instead, was the spell wasted because the other just did not use all attacks on you or plaid with more brain than "nuke him with all your best skills immediately"!?

Also worth to mention those accuracy debuffs buccaneers have; a -50% accuracy and even more on swashbucklers should hurt and that debuff last more than a single turn and guess what? They stack .
    Last edited by Clownsanity; 03-05-2013 at 11:32 AM.