•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Roleplay (by Sly Gillian Randall et al. originally from message boards)

This is a restart of a dead roleplay from the Pirate101 message boards as requested by Just Add Bacon. We do have permission from all current participants to restart and move this roleplay. I also recieved permission from Sly Gillian Randall when she left the message boards to carry on her roleplay in her absence. First, I'll state the rules and then post a short synopsis of the roleplay thus far.

Rules;

1. There will be no forms, we will be following the message board rules for joining. Everyone is welcome, please just choose a sensible place to join in. If you need an idea of where to jump feel free to ask.

2. No Godmodding or Powerplay.

3. Please remain mostly within the Spiral and try to follow the plot. This largely means that if you are going to reference something from outside the Spiral (i.e. another game/book/etc) please have it make sense for the plotline. No sudden quotes that do nothing to advance the story.

5.Please allow the story to actually develop, don't try to take control of the roleplay and turn it into a series of running fights. Yes, there must and will be action, but there has to be a plot as well.

6. Artistic licence is allowed. If you want to add to a description of an area, or to add to the plot line in a sensible way, go ahead.

5. All other general forum rules of course apply.

Please note, these rules are here to try and make this roleplay enjoyable, and to have it behave as an actual story. If you join this roleplay I will assume that you have read, understood and agreed with these rules. Break these rule and you will be asked to leave the roleplay with any continuing posts being ignored. Also, since the original posters are all from the message boards, expect that this roleplay might not move as fast as others.

Thank you.
    Last edited by CdeWinter; 05-04-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Fully trained Weather Witch!.
    (Thanks to the amazing Anne Radcliffe for my Scarlet Avatar)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CdeWinter For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-05-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),girlonfire2 (07-03-2014),Just Add Bacon (05-03-2014),ShadowStrikeV2 (08-15-2014),The Hoodoo Master (05-05-2014),The Sardonyx (05-05-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-04-2014)

CdeWinter is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• CdeWinter's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Red Scarlet Kidd
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Re: Roleplay (by Sly Gillian Randall et al. origonally from message boards)

Roleplay synopsis;

The story began with Sly Gillian Randall being asked by Captain Avery to hire a crew of human pirates, all equal in skill, for a mysterious mission to Mooshu.
    The crew at first consisted of; Raven (Emma/Sakura), a dark and forboding witchdoctor who is later revealed to be a witch from Salem, Jade and Fang, (Lizzy aka Just Add Bacon), a blind Polarian musketeer and her faithful Frostfang ally, Omar Underwood (Undead Obeah), and actual witchdoctor of great reknown and possible age, and Meri (Anne Radcliffe) a cat from Marleybone who happens to be great friends with Fang, and a sidekick/companion to Jade. Eventually Red Scarlet Kidd and her little sister Jenny (CdeWinter), a swashbuckler and musketeer who also hail from Polaris join the crew.

The crew gathers at Gillian's house and a strategic meeting takes place. However, events go awry when Gillian asks her new crew to sign a waiver declaring their allegiance to Marleybone and Skull Island. Meri and Omar sign the waiver with little fuss, Jenny signs a fake name, Scarlet remarks that she is already a commissioned captain in the Marleybone navy and that the waiver is redundant. Jade, however cannot read the waiver and tries to distract the group in order to keep her blindness hidden. Raven call's Jade's bluff, which starts and argument between Jade and Raven.

Fang steps up to protect Meri, Scarlet and Jenny move to both calm down Jad and Raven, and help Jade their fellow Polarian. Omar minds his own business in a separate room. Gillian decides to stop a potential fight by casting a spell that results in all crew members being restrained by chains. This act causes a slight mutiny. Jade immedeatly leaves by herself in great emotional distress. Meri, Fang, and Omar leave in search of Jade. Scarlet tears the waiver into pieces declaring that Gillian should treat her crew better before storming out with Jenny. And Raven also leaves.

Gillian, feeling remorseful for the way she treated her new crew, goes in search of her missing crew members. She finds Jade with Meri, Fang, Omar and two new characters, Pawn and Alura (Alura) in Jade's bunkhouse. After apologising to Jade and convincing the others to rejoin, Gillian leaves to talk with Scarlet and Jenny.

However, at this point, Gillian the auther announced that she had to leave the message boards. To solve this conundrum, the other authors came up with a plan to turn Gillian's sudden disappearence into a new story.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CdeWinter For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-04-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),girlonfire2 (07-03-2014),Just Add Bacon (05-03-2014),Mocca82 (01-03-2015),Sakura no Miko (05-13-2014),The Hoodoo Master (05-05-2014),The Sardonyx (05-05-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-04-2014)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Red Scarlet Kidd
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

(and the story continues)

Scarlet had just given Gillian permission to board the Jolly Rover and had turned her back to compose her thoughts, when she heard a sharp yelp behind her. Scarlet whipped around just in time to see Gillian falling sideways from the gangplank.

Scarlet quickly grabbed a nearby rope and tossed it down to Gillian who was still floating in the aether next to Scarlet's ship. Gillian reached for the rope looking both relieved, and a little embarrassed. But Gillian's look of relief quickly turned to shock as a giant squid tentacle reached out from the clouds and grabbed her ankle, pulling Gillian down into the cloud layer.

"Um, did Captain Gillian just get eaten by a giant sky squid?" Jenny asked in as she stared wide-eyed down into the clouds.

"Non, she did not. Sky squids are not made of metal." Scarlet replied quietly, "Jenny, please attend to ze owzers, I 'ave a bit of research to do."
    Last edited by CdeWinter; 05-04-2014 at 07:59 AM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CdeWinter For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-04-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),girlonfire2 (07-03-2014),Just Add Bacon (05-03-2014),The Hoodoo Master (05-05-2014),The Sardonyx (05-05-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-04-2014)

the Undead Obeah is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

In a strange, rather boggy place, Omar was gathering his equipment together for the trip. This included not only gathering what was nessesary, but also snatching anything that his intuition thought nessesary, no matter how obscure or random it seemed at the time. However, packing with this form of organized chaos has saved Omar's life more than once while indirectly strengthening him by putting several pounds of stuff on his person. When he felt ready, he telaported to the docks to where he guessed where his Capitaine would be.
    As he ported to the platform overlooking the docks, he saw Meri, Fang, and Jade walking down the stairs with Alura and Rowan (the latter I used to call Pawn when she ruthlesssly hunted me and my friends) close behind. But when he turned to check on Scarlet, what he saw was Gilligan Randal dragged below the platform.
    Horrified, he jumped off the platform and sprinted to the Joly Rover, the action most likley noted by the others.

"Les Esprits sourient sur mes travaux, et de nouveau, la Grande Cathedral montrera sa dévotion a eux."
    (the Spirits smile upon my works, and anew, the Great Cathedral will show it's devotion to them.)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the Undead Obeah For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-05-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),The Hoodoo Master (05-05-2014)

Endercat is offline Sailor

• Endercat's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Virtuous Pearl Everhart
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilan Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bored

(This sounds really interesting...although I don't know where I could join in.)
    "Really? Sailor zombie in a mall? Unbelivable!"
    -Penn, Penn Zero: Part Time Hero|
    Profiles

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Red Scarlet Kidd
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Endercat View Post
    (This sounds really interesting...although I don't know where I could join in.)
    The group right now is at the docks in Skull Island, although they are getting onto Scarlet's ship soon. You could join here, or if you want, you could jump in when we very soon get to Marleybone, at the Admiral Benbow Tavern.

The Hoodoo Master is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Felix was running down to the docks.He came before the group carrying with him a book bount by black leather.On the book was inscribed in gold "La Poule Noire".This was a modern tome written by one of Napoleguins officers.It detailed amulets and magical jewelry.Felix also carried with him a bag with said jewelry.He quickly yelled:"Omar!Sorry,I'm late.I got that book for ye."Omar replied with confusion:"What book?"Too which Felix responded:"Well,you told me about the girl who lost her sight and got an amulet from the Bony-Legged witch.You then asked me to bring this book to analyze the amulet,remember?"

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Hoodoo Master For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-05-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-28-2014)

the Undead Obeah is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoodoo Master View Post
    Felix was running down to the docks.He came before the group carrying with him a book bount by black leather.On the book was inscribed in gold "La Poule Noire".This was a modern tome written by one of Napoleguins officers.It detailed amulets and magical jewelry.Felix also carried with him a bag with said jewelry.He quickly yelled:"Omar!Sorry,I'm late.I got that book for ye."Omar replied with confusion:"What book?"Too which Felix responded:"Well,you told me about the girl who lost her sight and got an amulet from the Bony-Legged witch.You then asked me to bring this book to analyze the amulet,remember?"
    "Oh," replied Omar, remembering the message "I keep forgetting your the old Tomemaster. Nevertheless, thank you. Your timing, however, is not quite as fine-tuned."
    Last edited by the Undead Obeah; 05-04-2014 at 09:01 PM.

"Les Esprits sourient sur mes travaux, et de nouveau, la Grande Cathedral montrera sa dévotion a eux."
    (the Spirits smile upon my works, and anew, the Great Cathedral will show it's devotion to them.)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the Undead Obeah For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-05-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),The Hoodoo Master (05-05-2014)

Anne Radcliffe is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries

Miriam gripped the railing of the Jolly Roger, involuntarily leaning over as she took in the dreadful scene, her leaf-green eyes now dark with shock. "Oi, Lady Jade, our cap'n just got et by a squid!" Remembering an instant later that she had quietly promised herself to act as Jade's eyes, Meri continued. "It's mortal BIG, m'lady, and shiny as a new crown-piece!"

Cor, that much squid would keep Skull Island in calamari for, I dunno, weeks, Meri thought, automatically assessing the street value of the creature as food. Since escaping her crime lord father in Marleybone with the help of Jade (who for all her harsh fierceness had taken pity on the desperate pickpocket who had tried to rob her), Miriam had made a new life for herself as one of the fish vendors in Skull Island, purchasing the day's catch from the sky fisherfolk then selling it in the town and its environs. She had begun to increase her profits by pickling or drying what did not sell in the morning, before the day grew hot and the fish began to spoil -- those leftovers, of course, that did not provide her daily meal. Though she had not been at Skull Island for very long, already she had lost her scrawny alley-cat look, and her black fur had become glossy and sleek. Yes, life in Skull Island was good to Meri.

As the last glimmer of the enormous tentacle dropped below the clouds, the 'food-assessing' portion of Meri's brain (which was quite active) disappointingly informed her that despite initial appearances, it was likely not good to eat. It was too hard and somehow not actually squid-like, despite first impressions. But if it wasn't really a squid, what was it?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anne Radcliffe For This Useful Post:

CdeWinter (05-05-2014),Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),The Hoodoo Master (05-05-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-28-2014)

Buccaneer Expert is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Dramaqueen

(I'll join, but can I already be at the tavern and have no idea you're going to come?)

A buccaneer sat at the tavern bar, thinking about what it would be like to have a lifetime supply of Yum. "So, what's the news?" he asked the barkeep. "Nothing out of the usual. I heard that the dance group in Cooper's Roost broke up. Shame, they were really good. In other news, we now offer a new drink called 'Cola'. You want to try some?" the barkeep said. "Sure. I mean, it's no Yum, but, you what they say." he said. "To Barleycorn! Marleybone. Whatever!" they sang together, mocking an eagle they heard about. "Here you go. It's a free sample, so no charge." "Thanks. Mmm, this thing is good!" "As good as Yum?" "Almost. Not quite. Reminds me of some trick I heard about. Something with strawberries?" "Probably nothing. I got to go wash so dishes. Just call if you need anything."
    Every Star fears the Supernova. Do not destroy yourself from your arrogance.
    Fearless George Xiriga - Fearless Nicole Xiriga - Dark George Xiriga -
    George Gordon -
    Dead-Eye Blaze Xiriga

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buccaneer Expert For This Useful Post:

Chrissy The Blesser (05-06-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-28-2014)

Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast