•  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Thinking

MOOving On Up-A Guide to the Nefarious Tower

Moo Manchu has returned with a vengeance!
    If you have completed all of Mooshu as well as all the Moo Manchu side quests, you will find a new quest from Lord Chagatai asking you to investigate a nefarious looking tower. This ten level tower is full of danger and will test your skills like never before. Bring friends as this tower is not meant to be taken on alone.

Special Notes:

• All fights have the goal to Defeat All Enemies.
    • All fights are epic battles, so you can choose your companions.
    • With the exception of the Nefarious Five fight, you are allowed to bring two companions with you in each fight.

Floor 1- Regular Fight

The first floor is a normal fight. Just defeat all the enemies and be on your way.

Enemies

Floor 2- Spikes in the Floor

The second floor is similar to the first floor, except that there is a larger amount of enemies, and there are spikes in the ground. Watch out for these spikes as they deal a good 200 damage.

Try to bring ranged companions, as it can be tricky to avoid the spikes with melee. Letting the enemies approach you will also minimalize your contact with these spikes.

Enemies

Floor 3- Cursed Statues

On the third floor, there is a catch. If any of the statues on the battleboard get broken during the fight, a Corrupted Foo Lion will appear in place of the statue. These enemies can be quite pesky, as they have Sneaky Sneaky, which will cause them to go hidden at times.

I recommend unequipping your pet for this fight, as there is a chance that they will attack the statues. Take out the necromancers as soon as possible; their AoE attacks also have a chance of breaking the statues.

Enemies

Floor 4- Infinite Fire

The fourth floor can be troublesome. When you start off the fight, you will notice Flames of Corruption in each of the 4 corners of the map. At the end of the enemy turn, these fires will spread to every empty space adjacent to them.

The board can very quickly start to look like this:

If there is a companion or player next to it, it will deal around 40-90 damage. Enemies are not affected by this fire. With the exception of the ones in the corner, these flames last 3 rounds and block line of sight. I recommend getting this fight done as quickly as possible.

Melee units are best for this floor, since the fires will block line of sight on your ranged companions. The fires will spread quickly, so melee units will be essential here.

Enemies

Floor 5- Health Floor

After surviving the fires, you are awarded a little break. The fifth floor contains nothing but health. You can return to this floor at any time, so it is helpful when you need to replenish your health.

Floor 6- Corrupted Creatures

The sixth floor contains three types of enemy; corrupted dragons, corrupted kirin, and corrupted foo lions. Each of them have one pet talent among their list of epics.

The foo lions have sneaky sneaky, the kirin have bloodsucker, and the dragons have scent. However, all enemies on this floor are melee, so bring El Toro and a Swashbuckler and take them down.

Enemies

Floor 7- Corrupted Ronin

The seventh floor consists of various corrupted ronin. Be especially wary of the archers, as they have True Grit, making them extremely dangerous to any Musketeers. After this fight I recommend healing, because the next floor will be the toughest yet.

Enemies

Floor 8- The Nefarious Five

On the eighth floor you will find the Nefarious Five, a group of pirates under the control of Moo Manchu. They consist of one Musketeer (Unreliable Benjamin Wright), Witchdoctor (Disloyal Lynne Finkle), Privateer (Insensitive Faye Jennings), Buccaneer (Faithless Josef Hawkins), and Swashbuckler (Ignoble Jonathan Ashburn), each insanely strong.

You will only be allowed one companion for this fight (and can’t summon henchmen) so choose wisely. Each member of the Nefarious Five has access to the majority of powers that an actual pirate at that level would. They also all have two group heals at their disposal.

The Witchdoctor has a talent called Soul Harvest. When she defeats an enemy, she will summon a Shackled Spirit.

The Privateer has Charming Gaze. This acts in a similar manner to first strike, and will occasionally charm an enemy who attacks her.

The Buccaneer has Flames of Corruption, which activates when he attacks. His target “burns” for 3 rounds, and it acts like poison or bleeding

.The Swashbuckler has Soul Shroud. This power activates when he has 50% health or less. When he takes damage, he will drain 200-300 of anything nearby (enemy or ally), and regain health equal to half of what he drained.

I recommend taking out the Buccaneer first, follow with the Witchdoctor and Swashbuckler, finish off the Musketeer, and end by defeating the Privateer.

**As a bonus: The potion in the center can be consumed and will convert the player to the enemy side for the remaining duration of the fight. If you drink the potion, and the fight is still won, you will receive a badge called “The Nefarious Sixth”. This badge is unique as it will make your eyes glow red!

Enemies

Floor 9- Terror-cotta Warriors

After your showdown with the Nefarious Five, you will be greeted on the next floor by Terror-cotta warriors. These enemies are extremely pesky, as they all have the Brutal Charge power. They also have an epic called “Explosive”, which will deal damage to anything (ally or enemy) adjacent to them when they are defeated. Be extremely careful, or these enemies will catch you off guard.

When dealing with these enemies, do not crowd around ones with low health. This will help minimaze the damage you take when they are defeated. Weaken them with your melee units, then finish them off with ranged attacks.

Enemies

Floor 10- Moo Manchu

On the tenth and final floor you fight Moo Manchu himself. He has gotten a few upgrades since last time you fought him.

Every couple of turns he will use Frozen Tide, which will deal damage to everyone and prevent them from moving for a single turn. The very next turn he will use Infernal Wave, which is similar to Frozen Tide, but instead of immobilizing it will create smoke clouds that last a single turn and obstruct line of sight.

Moo Manchu is immune to all attacks until the minions are defeated.

When attacked by a pirate, he will interrupt and use Nefarious Charm. This charms the pirate for one turn. Companions are immune to this so only attack Moo Manchu with your companions.

**Other notes- There are statues all over the field that deal 200-300 damage when you move next to them. The Corrupted Champions have Soul Harvest so be aware of this.

Moo Manchu has a power called Nefarious Defense which works in a similar manner to Sato's escape power.

Enemies

Once Moo Manchu is defeated, you’ve finished the tower! There is a second chance chest on floors 8 and 10, so help yourself to the loot.
    Congratulations on finishing the hardest dungeon in the game as of yet!

This post contains 6 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Cret92; 08-30-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Illustrated Guide to Companion Promotions, Illustrated Guide to Crowns Companions

"Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins"

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Cret92 For This Useful Post:

~Joe~ (10-30-2014),11Bobsing (08-26-2014),11ghostnappa11 (09-04-2014),Beastmaster (08-26-2014),Cedric Young (08-31-2014),Charles (10-22-2014),Crushcut (08-26-2014),dapurenergy (08-26-2014),Eric Stormbringer (08-26-2014),Flint Maxwell (08-27-2014),Kestrel (09-03-2014),Mr.Fred (09-26-2014),nesogra (08-26-2014),patstar (08-30-2014),ShadowPhoenix (09-07-2014),Sheldon (08-30-2014),Storyhunter101 (01-15-2016),sunny devin raven (09-02-2014),suriSoulEyes (08-27-2014),Tasha (09-14-2014),The Phantom (08-26-2014),Willowdreamer (09-12-2014),Zenobia Paisley (09-11-2014)

The Phantom is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• The Phantom's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ryan Silver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Yeehaw

Re: MOOving On Up-A Guide to the Nefarious Tower

Wow! How in-depth and precise!
    A quick question, when you say "all of Mooshu" do you mean side-quests included?

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    *Was Previously VoodooMaster*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Phantom For This Useful Post:

patstar (08-30-2014)

Cret92 is offline Helmsman
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• Cret92's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciless Morgrim
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Wow! How in-depth and precise!
    A quick question, when you say "all of Mooshu" do you mean side-quests included?
    This means all the Mooshu main quests, along with the original Moo Manchu side quest line

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

Illustrated Guide to Companion Promotions, Illustrated Guide to Crowns Companions

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cret92 For This Useful Post:

patstar (08-30-2014),The Phantom (08-26-2014)

King6510 is offline Lookout

• King6510's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Golden Chris Silver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Paranoid

The melee guys look like great victims for el toro riposte.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

-GoldenChrisSilver Level70W GoldenChrisSilver Level70B GoldenChrisSilver Level70SGoldenChristinaSilver Level70P GoldenChristinaSilver Level25M

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King6510 For This Useful Post:

patstar (08-30-2014)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Tired

I'd like to see each creature's health please

So, is it best to get the right Aquilan gear on if ye were to solo this?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

patstar (08-30-2014)

Flint Maxwell is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cret92 View Post
    When attacked by a pirate, he will interrupt and use Nefarious Charm. This charms the pirate for one turn. Companions are immune to this so only attack Moo Manchu with your companions.
    **Other notes- There are statues all over the field that deal 25 damage when you move next to them. The Corrupted Champions have Soul Harvest so be aware of this.

***Note for soloists- Moo Manchu has a power called Nefarious Defense which works in a similar manner to Sato's escape power. This has only been observed during solo runs, so it is unclear if he uses this power when fighting in a group.
    This week I have fought against Moo with a 3-Pirate team (2 Musketeer, 1 Privateer) and a 2-Pirate team (Swashbuckler + Privateer). Both times he used the Nefarious Defense.

As for the Nefarious Defense, it seems to teleport you or a companion away (Nausica was teleported in our fight) when there are less of your team on Moo's side of the map. If there are more of your team on his side of the map, he will teleport to the other side (and the animation looked like it was my pirate casting the teleport, not Moo, and I reported as a Bug).

Neither time he used the Charm. One of the pirates I was with claimed he no longer uses the charm but obviously it's hard to tell for certain when something has been removed.

I was also told that you can no longer kill Moo when there are other minions present. It supposedly will say "Immune" and he will take no damage from the killing blow. That did not come up in our battles, so I can't confirm that.

Other Side Note: Sato is not currently doing the teleport escape on test. My daughter fought him yesterday morning. He was hit with Critical, Bladestorm, Relentless and various Witchdoctor spells. He did not teleport once during the entire encounter. We reported this as a Bug. She also got a Mooshu Earring (Right side only) from him.

-Flint

Edit: You should probably mention that there are four 2-person locked chests in the balconies. Two are in the balcony of the Fire Floor fight, and two are in the balcony of the Nefarious 5 fight.
    There are also the "Speed Reward" chests. These are the 4-person locked chests that appear in the opposite corner of the regular 4-person locked chests. They are labelled Speed Reward, but I am not certain exactly of the trigger. It may be elapsed time, number of rounds, or some cummulative speed like "beat every floor within 4 rounds". I don't really know what the trigger is, but I have gotten both extra chests in various runs (including solo runs).

This post contains 4 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Flint Maxwell; 08-27-2014 at 07:58 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flint Maxwell For This Useful Post:

Alphawolf (08-27-2014),Cret92 (08-27-2014),patstar (08-30-2014),Row4n (08-29-2014),Storyhunter101 (01-15-2016)

Flash33 is offline Navigator

• Flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Quote Originally Posted by Flint Maxwell View Post
    This week I have fought against Moo with a 3-Pirate team (2 Musketeer, 1 Privateer) and a 2-Pirate team (Swashbuckler + Privateer). Both times he used the Nefarious Defense.

As for the Nefarious Defense, it seems to teleport you or a companion away (Nausica was teleported in our fight) when there are less of your team on Moo's side of the map. If there are more of your team on his side of the map, he will teleport to the other side (and the animation looked like it was my pirate casting the teleport, not Moo, and I reported as a Bug).

Neither time he used the Charm. One of the pirates I was with claimed he no longer uses the charm but obviously it's hard to tell for certain when something has been removed. Oh, he still uses the Nefarious Charm alright, but I've never seen him use Nefarious Defense yet though.

I was also told that you can no longer kill Moo when there are other minions present. It supposedly will say "Immune" and he will take no damage from the killing blow. That did not come up in our battles, so I can't confirm that.

Other Side Note: Sato is not currently doing the teleport escape on test. My daughter fought him yesterday morning. He was hit with Critical, Bladestorm, Relentless and various Witchdoctor spells. He did not teleport once during the entire encounter. We reported this as a Bug. She also got a Mooshu Earring (Right side only) from him.

-Flint

Edit: You should probably mention that there are four 2-person locked chests in the balconies. Two are in the balcony of the Fire Floor fight, and two are in the balcony of the Nefarious 5 fight.
    There are also the "Speed Reward" chests. These are the 4-person locked chests that appear in the opposite corner of the regular 4-person locked chests. They are labelled Speed Reward, but I am not certain exactly of the trigger. It may be elapsed time, number of rounds, or some cummulative speed like "beat every floor within 4 rounds". I don't really know what the trigger is, but I have gotten both extra chests in various runs (including solo runs). Actually the speed chests are just 4 2-person lock chests (this could have been changed since I last did the tower) that appear in groups of 2 on each of the 2 balcony floors (i.e. the flames of corruption floor & the nefarious 5 floor as well). They're called speed chests because you have to get them fast otherwise they disappear after a short period of time.
    Comments in bold.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash33 For This Useful Post:

patstar (08-30-2014)

Alphawolf is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Great guide! this will be really useful when the tower goes to live realm :3 i can't wait

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alphawolf For This Useful Post:

patstar (08-30-2014)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    I'd like to see each creature's health please

So, is it best to get the right Aquilan gear on if ye were to solo this?
    Wear your red shirt and your brown pants.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NumberCruncher For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2014),patstar (08-30-2014)

Cret92 is offline Helmsman

• Cret92's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciless Morgrim
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Flint Maxwell View Post

Neither time he used the Charm. One of the pirates I was with claimed he no longer uses the charm but obviously it's hard to tell for certain when something has been removed.

-Flint

There are also the "Speed Reward" chests. These are the 4-person locked chests that appear in the opposite corner of the regular 4-person locked chests. They are labelled Speed Reward, but I am not certain exactly of the trigger. It may be elapsed time, number of rounds, or some cummulative speed like "beat every floor within 4 rounds". I don't really know what the trigger is, but I have gotten both extra chests in various runs (including solo runs).
    Have you experienced Nefarious Defense in a team of four?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast