Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Wink some ideas

mountain yeti x fennec fox = polar fox
    ram-a-lam x mini-minotaur = satyr
    hawk x other pet from the grizzly beast pack = beastmaster's eagle
    hawk x some desert pet, or a pet based on dessert(pun) = desert hawk

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Amber lvl 70 / Iris lvl 43 / Audrey lvl 68 / Scarlet lvl 61 / Ivy lvl 5 / Victoria lvl 13

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goatJPG For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-04-2018)

Koalabear567 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: some ideas

Oh, I've had my share of these...gold, not as much as I need to sate my imagination. I guess putting a few of my ideas here with your's may inspire others to try them.

Ebon Spectre x Orchid Chameleon = Shadow Chameleon (Fits Skitters & Crawls hint from Decius [really, Decius, a floating wraith skitters?], and if one researches his comments regarding the hint, and what's been theorized, they may see this is likely. The hybrid name is actually listed, just search on the internet for Kaytoo Yeti or Lhoste Yeti, in Pastebin.)

Back to ideas:

Clownfish x Royal Ibis = Court Jester
    Severus Snake x Imperial Lion = Half Blood Prince
    Hawk x Glowfish = Lightningbird (Thunderbird miniature)
    Emusaur x Faunfawn = Fuzzelstiltskin (stretching here with the name, but I think this could yield something)

Things I wish:

Golden Stingtail x Dire Crab = King Crab
    Octoberpus x Scylla Spawn = Charybdis Spawn
    Grabthar's Hammerhead x Hammerhead Shark = Mjolnir Shark
    Black Tiger x Snow Scarab = Siberian Tiger

Go to pirate(s), adventure(s and hybrids) await!

This post contains 6 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Koalabear567; 09-02-2017 at 09:50 PM.
    Stormy Aaron Sharp Lv. 70 Privy, Clever Aaron Devereaux Lv. 70 Musk, Fiery Darius Ashburn Lv. 70 Bucc, & Dead-eye Amber Hawkins Lv. 22 ​Swash

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koalabear567 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-04-2018),Kingurz (10-02-2017)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Pirate101 already has a pet called the Dire Crab: http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Petire_Crab

That said, feel free to keep posting creative ideas!
    Last edited by Rrrrzzzz419; 08-31-2017 at 10:16 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Would that you might want to read this again:

"Golden Stingtail x Dire Crab = King Crab"

Notice, the Dire Crab mentioned is a parent in the idea. Understandably, I should have made it clear which ones were the parents and which ones were the offspring.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Koalabear567; 09-02-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    Stormy Aaron Sharp Lv. 70 Privy, Clever Aaron Devereaux Lv. 70 Musk, Fiery Darius Ashburn Lv. 70 Bucc, & Dead-eye Amber Hawkins Lv. 22 ​Swash

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koalabear567 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-04-2018),Rrrrzzzz419 (09-03-2017)

bestbrigain is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

-nightmare paper dragon x dimetrosaur= nightmare dimetrosaur
    -ebon spectre x blowfish= shadow blowfish
    -corrupted celestial dragon x corrupted imperial lion= some kind of demon I think
    -bone snake x scrimshaw drake= great bone serpent
    -bone snake x tarantula= skeletal spider
    -tarantula x mountain yeti= abominable weaver
    -dire crab x dire crab= king dire crab

-hawk x ebon spectre or heck kitty= raven
    -hawk x kloudnine or imperial lion= Griffin
    -dinolizard x pork u pine or deathstalker= deadly dino
    -heck kitty x ebon spectre or sea foam spectre= lich king
    -iguana x dinolizard= iguanasaur
    -seymour x horned toad= spiny arachnid
    -bullrog x hawk= Phoenix

-mini minotaur x shreiking eel = storm Minotaur
    -golden stingtail x golden stingtail= queen scorpion
    -ebon spectre x duckosaurus= dark duck dino
    -cat cub x ebon spectre or ghost of yuletide present= ghost cat
    -golden stingtail x Ebon spectre= black hide scorpion
    -golden stingtail x dillo= rollie pollie
    -golden stingtail x scarab= hornet

This post contains 5 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bestbrigain For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I felt I should add more of my ideas here, as I can't do them all at once on my own and I don't believe I have all the luck in the game.

Dimetrosaur x Iguana = Iguanadon
    (Dimetrosaur is shaped just like an old style Iguanadon, just without the sail and it's missing a horn on its nose.)

Not so Great White Shark x Sand Shark = Dancing Shark
    (Decius' hint: Yes, I have to go into detail, he dances and says "two Super Bowls ago" referring to Left Shark, then says "hint two, uh, the other part's sand". Tom comments saying there were three hints during the KI Live, but I suspect the two hints here are about the same pet.)

Armadillo Verde x Fandango = 'Yellow/Green Fandango' or Cool Ranch Dillo
    (There is a Cool Ranch Dillo outside the pavillion where this Fandango stands, and some of Decius' hints are plain sight mixing at Bestia i.e. Heck Scarab.)

Armadillo Verde x Questing Crawlie = Quesodillo
    (Yes, I've read every discussion on this, analyzing Decius' responses frequently, but really this just makes sense as it looks like the pet in the picture. Of course, I haven't ruled out Birthday Cake Crawlie and Shellfish Crawlie for the crab part.)

Schrimshaw Drake x Mini Minotaur = Skeletorus
    (It's really just name one can type into the chat box, but it sounds like a minotaur hybrid, and it could be a Grimtooth Reaper hybrid.)

On the chat box discoveries topic, while you can type Asmodeus Poisonteeth, you can also type Ironbeak and Greeneyes, all of which are villains in the world of Red Wall.

There are these hints to consider too, but I've listed my idea for the first of them above as the Shadow Chameleon combo.The second one, possibly Cutie Chameleon with Coconut Crawlie or Dire Crab. (Decius specifies the multicolored skitterer pinches.)The third, either the hint for Lavalanchula (not sure) or another spider hybrid.The fourth, an old photo where Decius stares at a Zebra, a Leopard/Cheetah/Jaguar (can't remember and can't find the pic), and a lion. Maybe Imperial Lion and Spooktooth.The fifth hint, is one that has been theorized, but I've not seen any trial records. I personally like the Hedgehog or Fawnfaun parent possibility.
    Skitters & Crawls hint Pet
    Skitters & Crawls hint Pet
    No Hint Here
    "Taming Lion" hint
    Emusaur x "Fuzzy" hint'

I'll stop here. I hope the hybrid hunters out there in the spiral find yet another elusive pet soon.

This post contains 6 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Koalabear567; 02-04-2018 at 06:15 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Koalabear567 For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

It's been some time since I posted on here, about anything really. Before I really begin I'd like to thank @Willowdreamer for mentioning that I posted the idea for the Dancing Shark morphing combo here (cause even though I didn't discover the hybrid it's nice to receive recognition for guessing correctly ).

Anyone whose read this thread and is familiar with the pet lists on the wiki will probably realize that Skeletorus has less chance of being a hybrid made from the combination listed above (it's a spider ... a spider with similar palate coloring to Seymour). Decius loves his spiders, so I should've seen it coming .

After yielding no results from nearly 20 tries each, I feel pretty confident that Ebon Spectre morphed with Orchid Chameleon or Cutie Chameleon is not a hybrid combo (this test was done in 2018 and 2020 and 2022, a little during each so really I'm just bored with trying this theory). I've since move onto Coral Widow (barely red, but it skitters) morphed with Orchid Chameleon (it's purple and it crawls). Meanwhile on another pirate of mine, when I have gold, I'm trying to morph Coconut Crawlie with Cutie Chameleon, since these two are the only ones who match the hint (second one from Decius that I listed above) during the time it was given (though if Dire Crab was a possible hybrid at the time or if there is still another hybrid that it was possible to get at the time, then my theory is ruined).

This isn't breaking news and I'm not sure if it's been posted anywhere on here, but Fandango morphed with Habanero Tiger Shark makes the Mango Tango hybrid. (I'm putting this on here even though I'm pretty sure I saw it on the wiki too just for redundancy.)

Also, since the Mango Tango has been discovered this means the likely combo for the Durango Tango can be tested too. The most obvious combo that comes to mind just because of the names is Durango Buffaloon (card pet, which is a possible hybrid parent since Decius changed the restriction awhile ago) morphed with Mango Tango. This may be too obvious, but the name is one listed on the pastebin site, as is Durangosaur (don't believe me? type it in the chatbox, should be red if I'm wrong). On the subject of the Durangosaur it is likely yet another name based combo, like Emusaur, Dimetrosaur, or even Quackosaurus. This pet was probably put in at the same time as Silversaurus, which is a hybrid made from Emusaur and Silver Buffaloon.

In case people are wondering about the pets introduced in the Valencia II update and their hybrids (Decius said they each were hybrid parents), I noticed a pattern with them (though I remember someone else mention this so it's not an original idea). The pattern that each pet seems to have is it that it makes a hybrid with a pet just like it in design. The Blue Lion Fish make three hybrids with the Lion Fish (and there are still more in that family if the pastebin files are right, i.e. Pterois, genus name of a lion fish). The Valencian Delicacy make two hybrids with the Violet Bubblefish (also more here in pastebin files, i.e. Blackened Blowfish). Royal Ibis makes two hybrids with the Majestic Ibis (again, see pastebin for six more Ibis pets). Everest Yeti makes two hybrids with Mountain Yeti (pastebin also has six more listed). The last pets from this update, that I've yet to see hybrids for, are of course Grabthar's Hammerhead, Hans Grouper, and Severus Snake. This is the reason I posted the Grabthar's Hammerhead with Hammerhead Shark combo, along with the Half Blood Prince idea. Hybrids from both are unknown but they definitely have them, so I was hoping to interest people in trying to hunt for them (whether they followed my ideas or not). I think the pattern is pretty self explanatory, yet this thread has been a hybrid combo ideas list so far and this rambling post is causing a break in that format. To wrap it up, I think the Hans Grouper will likely make a hybrid with the Reddrum, but it could be the Grouper or the Grouper of the Deep. I also think that the Severus Snake will likely make a hybrid with the Tropical Sky Snake, but it could be the Mara or the Asmodeus Poisonteeth. Then again, since these last three are references to Alan Rickman's characters and the rest aren't they might not fit the pattern at all . I seem to recall someone posting ideas in another thread or even another forum regarding these pets and I tried some of them along with my own, but I assumed other people were working on this and so I moved on to other ideas that I was still testing with no luck, so I will be trying these Valencia II ones again.

To summarize here are the theoretical combinations that I posted this time in short hand format:

Coral Widow x Orchid Chameleon = Shadow Chameleon?
    Coconut Crawlie x Cutie Chameleon = Bubblegum Chameleon?
    Durango Buffaloon x Mango Tango = Durango Tango?
    Durango Buffaloon x Emusaur (or another dino pet) = Durangosaur?
    Grabthar's Hammerhead x Hammerhead Shark = 'insert Galaxy Quest reference' Shark? (Mjolnir isn't in the movie)
    Hans Grouper x Reddrum = 'insert Die Hard reference' (I like the movie, but I can't think of anything age appropriate)
    Severus Snake x Tropical Sky Snake = Nagini? (this name is a joke)

Good luck to all my fellow hybrid hunters.

This post contains 12 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Koalabear567; 04-15-2022 at 11:52 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koalabear567 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (04-17-2022),joshuadavis456 (04-16-2022),Willowdreamer (04-16-2022)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Koalabear567 View Post
    It's been some time since I posted on here, about anything really. Good luck to all my fellow hybrid hunters.
    Welcome Back, fellow hybrid hunter!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (04-17-2022),Koalabear567 (04-16-2022)