•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

How many epics can Monquisitor get?

I'm debating whether to recruit this guy now or wait until max level so I can save on training tomes. It looks like he has many useful epics (Vengeance Strike, Bladestorm, Relentless), but I wonder how many of them I'll be able to unlock?

The wiki only shows one promotion and then it's a stub. Any info on how many epics he will be able to get in total?

I think it might be cool to try a will-based team with him, the Marchioness, and Old Scratch. I have not seen anyone else use this companion, though. Is the Monquisitor just underrated or genuinely weak?
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (01-24-2018)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Re: How many epics can Monquisitor get?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I'm debating whether to recruit this guy now or wait until max level so I can save on training tomes. It looks like he has many useful epics (Vengeance Strike, Bladestorm, Relentless), but I wonder how many of them I'll be able to unlock?

The wiki only shows one promotion and then it's a stub. Any info on how many epics he will be able to get in total?

I think it might be cool to try a will-based team with him, the Marchioness, and Old Scratch. I have not seen anyone else use this companion, though. Is the Monquisitor just underrated or genuinely weak?
    I think the Monquisitor is one of the under-rated companions, but then -- most players ignore 80% of their crew altogether, immediately assigning tasks rather than learning their battle skills. I always advocate recruiting companions along the way and putting them to work for you, if nothing else. The wiki page is a stub regarding level stats only, not ability information, so what you see there is what he can get. Relentless is not an Epic he can train, though.

If you have ever done the Pirate's Regatta and battled the Monquistans on their ship, you would know how dangerous they, and the Monquisitor Initiates especially, can be. With some extra Will boost, you may quite like him.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (01-24-2018),Stephanie (01-25-2018)

Koalabear567 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: How many epics can Monquisitor get?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

In the case of this companion, like most recruits gathered on the side, you either find a way to utilize the epic talents you pick for them (while building their stats accordingly) or make them a gatherer (task runner).

I use the Monquisitor as a Witch Hunter/Distraction, when I'm not using him for tasks. It's quite useful for me to have a trio of Witch Hunter rank 3's at times. Of course, my method of using him isn't the only way, and I wouldn't recommend copying me unless you plan on making your own Witch Hunter group. If you intend to make him physical, I'd say: give him will 4 and rough 4, or health 4 and armor 4. His accuracy isn't great, but your choice if you want to try increasing it. Pick the epics that you know for certain will trigger when using him in battle (e.g. Bladestorm (he learns epic strike), Vengeance Strike (his dodge is as good as his accuracy), and Witch Hunter (if you use him against witches of course)).

I do not know how you should play your game, but if I could pick, I'd want to go back in time and wait until level 70 (or later even) to go collect him.
    Stormy Aaron Sharp Lv. 70 Privy, Clever Aaron Devereaux Lv. 70 Musk, Fiery Darius Ashburn Lv. 70 Bucc, & Dead-eye Amber Hawkins Lv. 22 ​Swash

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koalabear567 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (01-24-2018),Stephanie (01-25-2018)