Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Kingsisle, What's next?

I know that this could be a pointless post. But couldn't resist.

January Newsletter has Introduced 2 Wings mounts from Wizard101

February Newsletter introduced The Care Hare Mount

March Newsletter Introduced Butterfly Swarm Mount which is a very nice addition and all

April Newsletter, We know the answer. April's Fool upcoming mount

That's nice and all, I can definitely see that they listened to us and stopped releasing Recolored pets and all, But however, As much as mounts are so cool, They'll never be compared to a decent Update. My question here, To Kingsisle. So far they told us back in Jan KI Live 2018 that they do have things on the work behind the scenes for Pirate101 (we're not even sure if that's an update or just another set of Pets, Mounts and 4 Years old Bug Fixes). But when can we finally say that we're going to set sail on a new Adventure?

I know of course they're focusing on their 10th Wizard101 birthday but keep in mind you do have Pirate101 players and 60 to 70% of these are only interested in Pirate101 and they are looking forward to see more updates (Specifically a continuation to The El Dorado Story). When are we going to get our first Update hint in your opinion? I personally hope it won't be just 1 Update in Fall like the last one we got Last year.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion and Adventures of the Spiral

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-25-2018),chespinfennekin (03-30-2018),FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018),Kingurz (03-25-2018),LuckyDuck (04-07-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (04-05-2018),monkeycrew (03-25-2018),Nojow (03-25-2018),Rrrrzzzz419 (03-25-2018),Willowdreamer (03-25-2018)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Re: Kingsisle, What's next?

I hadn't realized that Kingsisle enrolled us in the Mount of the Month club this year, but you're right. Pirate101 players need a lot of patience between updates, that's for sure.

I'm hoping that once Wizard101's current test realm goes Live we will hear something is happening for Pirate101. As you say, it's Wizard's 10th year, but they have to have Polaris nearly ready to go after all this time, and there should be some reason for us to find Erika the Red.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018),Logan (03-25-2018),LuckyDuck (04-07-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (04-05-2018),Rrrrzzzz419 (03-25-2018)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I hadn't realized that Kingsisle enrolled us in the Mount of the Month club this year, but you're right. Pirate101 players need a lot of patience between updates, that's for sure.

I'm hoping that once Wizard101's current test realm goes Live we will hear something is happening for Pirate101. As you say, it's Wizard's 10th year, but they have to have Polaris nearly ready to go after all this time, and there should be some reason for us to find Erika the Red.

I hope so as well. It'd be a slap in the face if it marks the 2nd year ever since the last Pirate101 Story to see that all what we're getting is another Side Update with smaller content than ever like Party Barge or Haywire Dreadnaught updates.

Then again, The headline for the Jan Newsletter this year was "Fight The Machine in 2018". Hmm. I don't know. Just don't want to bring my hopes up then get disappointed later on. But it all depends on Kingsisle.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion and Adventures of the Spiral

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I hope so as well. It'd be a slap in the face if it marks the 2nd year ever since the last Pirate101 Story to see that all what we're getting is another Side Update with smaller content than ever like Party Barge or Haywire Dreadnaught updates.

Then again, The headline for the Jan Newsletter this year was "Fight The Machine in 2018". Hmm. I don't know. Just don't want to bring my hopes up then get disappointed later on. But it all depends on Kingsisle.
    The real drought year was 2015, when we only got one update, and there was the big shake-up with staff, etc. Honestly, if the game can keep going on a steady pace of two updates per year, I'm perfectly happy -- the alternative would be very sad.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018),Logan (03-25-2018)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    The real drought year was 2015, when we only got one update, and there was the big shake-up with staff, etc. Honestly, if the game can keep going on a steady pace of two updates per year, I'm perfectly happy -- the alternative would be very sad.

It still annoys me until this day how they gave us 1 update in 2015 and called it a year. We lost our Fanbase due to that too. But agreed. I'm fine with 2 Test Realms Per year. 1 Test Realm isn't affecting the game any good. It's hurting Pirate101 even more. The use of Recycled assets makes it worse as well. Which I have no idea why are they using recycled assets instead of working on more of a unique models and fields for the game. Not to mention the lack of marketing.

Kingsisle wants Pirate101 somehow to be big at times and be successful but without putting much efforts into marketing the game or updating it more. But you'll never get anything on a plate made of gold without working/putting more efforts into it.
    Last edited by Logan; 03-25-2018 at 11:55 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-25-2018),bgmacaw (03-30-2018),Elemutation (03-25-2018),FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Personally, as someone who started on Wizard101, I gave up on it this year. Too much out-of-style things, plus I am 95% sure their "everything old will be new again" comment means that they're completely changing the game's graphics, and although many have asked for this, that means I'll never be able to see the old Wizard City many grew up with.

Anyway, that's not my point. Your statement on how 60-70% of pirate players are only interested in Pirate101 is absolutely correct. It's why many are upset when the wizards get all of these big updates full of stuff while we just get a reskin of some pet or mount (even the Party Barge reused a LOT of models and only 2, that have been in the files for years, are finally brought out).

I started losing faith in Kingsisle back when it marked the 3rd year no story, but it was briefly brought back when Book 15 came out. However, the update felt like "There, here's your story update! Happy now?" As buggy as it was (and still is), it was still underwhelming. With the Dreadnaught (which is spelled wrong, by the way) and Party Barge, at least it's... something? Mixed feelings, really.

So what's next for Pirate101? Honestly, I don't know, but I have a few thoughts:

-Crafting may possibly come. Falmea has discussed before how she know everybody wants it.
    -Polaris, or SOMETHING to set us on that path.
    -World-based housing. Been demanded a lot, including from me.
    -Some new kind of gauntlet to keep us busy some more.

Kingsisle is very vague and sketchy when it comes to their promises, but their attempts to bring Pirate101 out from what they forced it in shows something. I would expect a word from them about our update some time at or before summer.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-25-2018),FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018),Logan (03-25-2018),LuckyDuck (04-07-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (04-05-2018),Ravino (04-02-2018),Rrrrzzzz419 (03-25-2018),Willowdreamer (03-25-2018)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoos View Post
    Personally, as someone who started on Wizard101, I gave up on it this year. Too much out-of-style things, plus I am 95% sure their "everything old will be new again" comment means that they're completely changing the game's graphics, and although many have asked for this, that means I'll never be able to see the old Wizard City many grew up with.

Anyway, that's not my point. Your statement on how 60-70% of pirate players are only interested in Pirate101 is absolutely correct. It's why many are upset when the wizards get all of these big updates full of stuff while we just get a reskin of some pet or mount (even the Party Barge reused a LOT of models and only 2, that have been in the files for years, are finally brought out).

I started losing faith in Kingsisle back when it marked the 3rd year no story, but it was briefly brought back when Book 15 came out. However, the update felt like "There, here's your story update! Happy now?" As buggy as it was (and still is), it was still underwhelming. With the Dreadnaught (which is spelled wrong, by the way) and Party Barge, at least it's... something? Mixed feelings, really.

So what's next for Pirate101? Honestly, I don't know, but I have a few thoughts:

-Crafting may possibly come. Falmea has discussed before how she know everybody wants it.
    -Polaris, or SOMETHING to set us on that path.
    -World-based housing. Been demanded a lot, including from me.
    -Some new kind of gauntlet to keep us busy some more.

Kingsisle is very vague and sketchy when it comes to their promises, but their attempts to bring Pirate101 out from what they forced it in shows something. I would expect a word from them about our update some time at or before summer.

Exactly my thoughts. They promised us that Valencia Part 2 was going to be worth the wait and very very promising for 3 years to just disappoint us with "We're sorry. We had to do this." Which even damaged the game more just to keep us silent instead of bothering them. The Party Barge update honestly i had hope it'll be the Pirate101 version of the Wiz Daily Assignments. And it is. But in a very bad style and the same 1 quest for every ambassador. Not to mention the pointless Automate Companions. These 2 could have been Improved/Removed and were replaced with Backpack Item Locking and Crafting/Polaris Quest Intro or even Polaris Part 1.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-25-2018),bgmacaw (03-30-2018),FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (04-05-2018),Ravino (04-02-2018),Willowdreamer (03-25-2018)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

I don't think we're going get any hints till after Wiz's 10th, the only think i'm expecting to hear in the coming months is the usual " while we aren't ready to show you" or " we're still charting a course.." which basically means " we haven't been working on anything", but then again I don't really expect them to do much after the ridiculous 3 year wait that was followed up by that rushed, slapped together book 15 that's an insult to the rest of the game.. it really burns out any hope you have :/, and honestly allot of this stuff could have been avoided if KI was more open with us ot begin with, I wouldn't have minded a wait for an actual piece of content if I was assured that its actually coming as apposed to the radio silence we received

But realistically, I think hints or teasers HAVE to start soon, MMOS live and die by their content (and how many players/money they have), and if the wait for another story update (or ANY update at this rate) starts to become another dry spell of content, I don't think the game will be up for much longer, and if it does keep living it'll prob be on life support from the funds that W101 brings in ( and whatever pennies the mobile games get)
    Last edited by DarkFire054; 03-25-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-25-2018),Elemutation (03-25-2018),FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018),Logan (03-25-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (04-05-2018),monkeycrew (03-25-2018),Ravino (04-02-2018),Willowdreamer (03-25-2018)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I personally think Pirate 101 could be way better than it is. I just don't know the best steps for Kingsisle to take at this point. I do think Kingsisle needs to do stuff for Wizard 101's 10th year but I don't want them to completely forget pirate. I personally would be happy with only 1 test realm this year, so long as it included Crafting or a new world(Polaris?). I am still going to play Pirate 101 despite Kingsisle giving us the silent treatment. Pirate 101 is still a great game with good potential, and Pirate 101 gets way more updates than SimCity 2013, which now only gets bug fixes every now and then. SimCity 2013 is still a great game as well.

PS: I think Kingsisle would be smartest to do the small requests ASAP, maybe making a few player requested hybrid pets, adding more pet names, improving the chat filter again, etc.

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-25-2018)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFire054 View Post
    I don't think we're going get any hints till after Wiz's 10th, the only think i'm expecting to hear in the coming months is the usual " while we aren't ready to show you" or " we're still charting a course.." which basically means " we haven't been working on anything", but then again I don't really expect them to do much after the ridiculous 3 year wait that was followed up by that rushed, slapped together book 15 that's an insult to the rest of the game.. it really burns out any hope you have :/, and honestly allot of this stuff could have been avoided if KI was more open with us ot begin with, I wouldn't have minded a wait for an actual piece of content if I was assured that its actually coming as apposed to the radio silence we received

But realistically, I think hints or teasers HAVE to start soon, MMOS live and die by their content (and how many players/money they have), and if the wait for another story update (or ANY update at this rate) starts to become another dry spell of content, I don't think the game will be up for much longer, and if it does keep living it'll prob be on life support from the funds that W101 brings in ( and whatever pennies the mobile games get)

Kingsisle's Main issue with Pirate101 to be specific is how they're less open and honest about it. Unlike Wizard these days, The Hype for Test Realm is building up before the official announcement of an upcoming update within 2 - 3 Months. Something else I got to notice is, We really didn't lose our fanbase. We do still have our players. And a very strong proof was Valencia 2. Once this expansion was announced everybody jumped in Happiness and Realm Avery went from Normal to Crowded - Full Statuses due to the warm welcome to the long anticipated expansion. Same thing to Dreadnaught.

It's about how Kingsisle Updates the game with something that should be relevant and attracting it's players. Our fanbase still loves Pirate101 but they only return in worthy Updates. If Polaris is actually the world coming next and happens to open it's Stormgate this year to the Spiral, I expect a great amount of players to return again just to play this expansion (Could be exaggerating too. Never know). But I'm sure people would return once Polaris is announced.

Kingsisle should have taken these Signs already and studied them well from Dreadnaught and Valencia 2. The signs that shows that they do have a fanbase, Their game isn't dead and Players are hungry for more updates. DECENT Updates with an actual good/excellent quality. Specially in Storyline like Marleybone or Aquila.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (03-26-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-26-2018)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast