FusionSun is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Blades of Shade Question

Hello, so back in the day, the Blades of Shade were really popular because of the fact that they dealt magical damage. Anyways, I decided to start farming for them today, and after around 30 minutes of farming I got them. Here's a pictures of what they now look like compared to what they used to look like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shade.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	74803

Name:	shade2.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	74804
    I noticed that the weapon description in-game says nothing about magical damage, and I was wondering if the Blades still deal magical damage? Thanks to anyone who knows!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FusionSun For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-23-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Blades of Shade Question

Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
    Hello, so back in the day, the Blades of Shade were really popular because of the fact that they dealt magical damage. Anyways, I decided to start farming for them today, and after around 30 minutes of farming I got them. Here's a pictures of what they now look like compared to what they used to look like:

Name:	Shade.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	74803

Name:	shade2.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	74804
    I noticed that the weapon description in-game says nothing about magical damage, and I was wondering if the Blades still deal magical damage? Thanks to anyone who knows!
    Yes, it does still do magical damage. However, this weapon is quite bad now. The dreadnaught weapons and ashes pack weapons all do magical damage.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mathew For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-23-2018),FusionSun (09-23-2018),Stephanie (09-24-2018)

FusionSun is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Yes, it does still do magical damage. However, this weapon is quite bad now. The dreadnaught weapons and ashes pack weapons all do magical damage.
    Dumb question, but how do you know they do magical damage if it doesn't explicitly say so?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FusionSun For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-23-2018)

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
    Dumb question, but how do you know they do magical damage if it doesn't explicitly say so?
    I would think the easiest way to figure out whether a weapon deals either physical or magical damage is to equip it and then look at one of your powers that requires a melee weapon to use, such as vicious charge or assassin's strike, and take a look at what type of damage the initial hit does.

In this screenshot I have equipped the Fancy Valencian Poleaxe, a weapon with absolutely no magical characteristics. If you look in the description of the Assassin's Strike, it deals physical damage as expected.

Name:	Picture 2018-09-23 23-33-43-545.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	74808

This next one I have the Haywire Armada Blade equipped. All of the haywire weapons deal magical damage, so the description now displays that Assassin's Strike will deal magic damage.

Name:	Picture 2018-09-23 23-34-51-318.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	74807
    Last edited by RealDux; 09-24-2018 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Fixed accidental double quote
    "Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (09-24-2018),Kingurz (09-24-2018),Stephanie (09-24-2018),Willowdreamer (09-24-2018)