Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    765
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanks (Received)
    807
    Gold
    449
    Busy

    Talking Do Any of You Like or Listen to Sea Shanties? If So, What's Your Favorite?

    Hey, all! Aurora here with an off-topic thread, because admittedly, we all need something fun to talk about.

    So, without further ado, are there any fellow lovers of maritime out there who like listening to sea shanties? And I'm not just talking about Wellerman which has been made famous on TikTok (though I do love that song too XD). I'm talking about other classics like John Kanaka, Rolling Down to Old Maui, Nelson's Blood/Roll the Old Chariot, etc.! Do any of you listen to those? If so, do you have a favorite shanty? I'm happy to receive recommendations!

    I seriously have so many favorites, so I won't mention it here, but if you guys mention one I know, I'll be sure to fangirl over it! XD

    Diverteix-te and good hunting,
    ~H.A.P.



    EDIT: I've been listening to sea shanties while playing Pirate101 and am beyond loving it. XD
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 03-16-2021 at 09:46 PM.

    Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

    Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

    Willowdreamer (03-17-2021)


  3. #2
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,443
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    8,287
    Thanks (Received)
    9,692
    Gold
    755
    Happy

    Re: Do Any of You Like or Listen to Sea Shanties? If So, What's Your Favorite?

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Hey, all! Aurora here with an off-topic thread, because admittedly, we all need something fun to talk about.

    So, without further ado, are there any fellow lovers of maritime out there who like listening to sea shanties? And I'm not just talking about Wellerman which has been made famous on TikTok (though I do love that song too XD). I'm talking about other classics like John Kanaka, Rolling Down to Old Maui, Nelson's Blood/Roll the Old Chariot, etc.! Do any of you listen to those? If so, do you have a favorite shanty? I'm happy to receive recommendations!

    I seriously have so many favorites, so I won't mention it here, but if you guys mention one I know, I'll be sure to fangirl over it! XD

    Diverteix-te and good hunting,
    ~H.A.P.



    EDIT: I've been listening to sea shanties while playing Pirate101 and am beyond loving it. XD
    It sounds as though you've recently seen the movie Fisherman's Friends? I got the soundtrack from that movie and listened in my car for a while, but not while sailing the skyways.

    I wish I could find this old CD I used to have of Pirate songs. We had it for road trips when the kids were small, so it was about the time that Pirates of the Caribbean movies were coming out in the early 2000's. There was this one song where the line was "up blew a nasty squall" and the kids thought the man was singing about a nasty squirrel!

    The easiest one to sing along with is, of course, "What do ye do with a drunken sailor?"





  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (03-17-2021)


  5. #3
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    765
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanks (Received)
    807
    Gold
    449
    Busy

    Re: Do Any of You Like or Listen to Sea Shanties? If So, What's Your Favorite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    It sounds as though you've recently seen the movie Fisherman's Friends? I got the soundtrack from that movie and listened in my car for a while, but not while sailing the skyways.
    I haven't seen the movie, but I have recently heard a LOT of the songs of the real group. Some of my favorite shanty artists are Fisherman's Friends, The Skullduggers, The Captain's Beard, The Poxy Boggards, and The Longest Johns. Funny names, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I wish I could find this old CD I used to have of Pirate songs. We had it for road trips when the kids were small, so it was about the time that Pirates of the Caribbean movies were coming out in the early 2000's. There was this one song where the line was "up blew a nasty squall" and the kids thought the man was singing about a nasty squirrel!
    LOLOL! That's hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    The easiest one to sing along with is, of course, "What do ye do with a drunken sailor?"
    Of course! A true classic.

    "Way hey and up she rises... Early in the morning!"


    Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

    Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.



  6. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

    Willowdreamer (03-17-2021)




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •