PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

What are you currently farming?

After I finish up Aquila - to avoid having to do Valencia P2 (because I don't want to!) - I'll be farming the axe of the minotaur.
    And I was wondering what everyone else is farming? Mostly out of curiosity but also maybe I could join if there's anything nice to farm. I'm really trying to avoid Valencia P2 (I just don't enjoy it).
    Last edited by Tomas; 03-20-2021 at 07:47 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-21-2021),Willowdreamer (03-21-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: What are you currently farming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    After I finish up Aquila - to avoid having to do Valencia P2 (because I don't want to!) - I'll be farming the axe of the minotaur.
    And I was wondering what everyone else is farming? Mostly out of curiosity but also maybe I could join if there's anything nice to farm. I'm really trying to avoid Valencia P2 (I just don't enjoy it).
    Ever since the release of Valencia Part 2, I have been on-again, off-again farming The Pretender for a first generation Severus Snake pet. It doesn't require questing or anything, just sinking that danged ship over and over, and it respawns quickly, so I switch pirates from time to time to see if any of them have better luck, but so far, it remains elusive. A dozen attempts and then I move on.

I gave up boss farming since doing over 200 battles with Gortez never yielded his Axe for my first Buccaneer. Ship farming is so much easier, to me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-04-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-21-2021),Tomas (03-21-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Ever since the release of Valencia Part 2, I have been on-again, off-again farming The Pretender for a first generation Severus Snake pet. It doesn't require questing or anything, just sinking that danged ship over and over, and it respawns quickly, so I switch pirates from time to time to see if any of them have better luck, but so far, it remains elusive. A dozen attempts and then I move on.

I gave up boss farming since doing over 200 battles with Gortez never yielded his Axe for my first Buccaneer. Ship farming is so much easier, to me.

I definitely need to do more ship farming - I'm currently level 65 (no plans to get to 70 until a world after V P2 releases then I'll rush through it and pretend it never happened! - but I'm only level 49 ship XP, have my companions doing tasks but definitely need to sink more ships myself.

I've been doing some moo manchu runs to get gold to train up my companions, since tomes are so expensive, and 1. it takes so much time to do that dungeon! and 2. So far not one team wants to go beyond the nefarious 5 - me neither, to be fair, but wish I could get rid of the quest and actually complete the tower, lol.

I get you re: the Gortez Axe, of course my buccaneer has it but in terms of farming way too much, those nefarious weapons are such a time sink and only one of my many pirates has one despite all the runs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-21-2021),Willowdreamer (03-21-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    I definitely need to do more ship farming - I'm currently level 65 (no plans to get to 70 until a world after V P2 releases then I'll rush through it and pretend it never happened! - but I'm only level 49 ship XP, have my companions doing tasks but definitely need to sink more ships myself.

I've been doing some moo manchu runs to get gold to train up my companions, since tomes are so expensive, and 1. it takes so much time to do that dungeon! and 2. So far not one team wants to go beyond the nefarious 5 - me neither, to be fair, but wish I could get rid of the quest and actually complete the tower, lol.

I get you re: the Gortez Axe, of course my buccaneer has it but in terms of farming way too much, those nefarious weapons are such a time sink and only one of my many pirates has one despite all the runs.
    Companion Tomes don't have to be expensive. Once you have a companion at your same level, send them keel hauling. When you have enough tomes to bring another companion up to your level, send BOTH keel hauling. You can have up to TEN companions keel hauling, but of course, it takes them longer to bring back their tomes. However, if you don't need them in battle, why not? If you level up, you have to start the process again, but once you get into the rhythm of the process, it works really well, and you should be able to keep training up companions pretty much on a daily basis.

I think it is very much quicker to get your nautical xp by farming ships anywhere you can sink them easily. Aquila has two bosses you can farm, but of course the days of "wolf packs" is long gone. One extra ship makes it a lot quicker, though, thank doing it solo. If you'd like help defeating the Kerberos a few times, I can do that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-21-2021),Tomas (03-21-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Companion Tomes don't have to be expensive. Once you have a companion at your same level, send them keel hauling. When you have enough tomes to bring another companion up to your level, send BOTH keel hauling. You can have up to TEN companions keel hauling, but of course, it takes them longer to bring back their tomes. However, if you don't need them in battle, why not? If you level up, you have to start the process again, but once you get into the rhythm of the process, it works really well, and you should be able to keep training up companions pretty much on a daily basis.

I think it is very much quicker to get your nautical xp by farming ships anywhere you can sink them easily. Aquila has two bosses you can farm, but of course the days of "wolf packs" is long gone. One extra ship makes it a lot quicker, though, thank doing it solo. If you'd like help defeating the Kerberos a few times, I can do that.

Thank you for the advice!

I might take you up on your offer if we are ever online at the same time. I miss those nautical XP farming parties, they were always so much fun. I think they're less common now due to the lowered nautical XP and also the lowered population playing the game. However, I have seen an increase in players lately. They only do what is neccessary for whichever quest they are on then leave.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-21-2021)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Tired

The hardest items I want to get, even after doing second chance chests, have been a single "Imperial Robe of Moo Manchu" and the equivalent boots from the "Tower of Moo Manchu," in addition to ANY Nefarious Five accessories. I have been on and off farming the "Tower of Moo Manchu" for a long time. Even if it's the best gauntlet in the game to get gold and gear drops from, it is STILL very tedious to run over and over, with randoms or with friends who do not log in often anymore. It has been 6-7 years since I started this farming for these boss drops with time and crowns spent (on Second Chance chest multiple times), and I, unfortunately, still fail to yield any successful results.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-04-2021),Willowdreamer (05-05-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    The hardest items I want to get, even after doing second chance chests, have been a single "Imperial Robe of Moo Manchu" and the equivalent boots from the "Tower of Moo Manchu," in addition to ANY Nefarious Five accessories. I have been on and off farming the "Tower of Moo Manchu" for a long time. Even if it's the best gauntlet in the game to get gold and gear drops from, it is STILL very tedious to run over and over, with randoms or with friends who do not log in often anymore. It has been 6-7 years since I started this farming for these boss drops with time and crowns spent (on Second Chance chest multiple times), and I, unfortunately, still fail to yield any successful results.
    I agree that the Tower is very tedious to run time and time again. I wish there was a way to prevent the Second Chance Chest from repeating exactly what was dropped a few moments before in the battle. When that happens, it is what makes me regret the Crowns spent most of all.

I have never, ever gotten the Axe of Gortez, nor a first generation Fire Toad from him - Gortez will always feel like my nemesis...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-06-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-05-2021)