Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
       axel125 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Next KI Live - Thursday, April 29 2020 4 pm US Central Time

@Bat Masterson Can we please get a barbershop (or w101 magic mirror equivalent) with this mini update that we're supposed to be receiving?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to axel125 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-02-2021)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

I totally missed Leah's "state of the games" section - somewhere around the 10:30 to 12:30 timeframe. Finally, she admitted that the team has been so dedicated to Wizard101 that making significant changes to Pirate101 would require hiring a new team. One of the more egregious blunders - "merging" into one MMO team...

I hate to get any hopes up based on this speech, but at least SHE spoke about Pirate for a couple of minutes, and says she will continue to include Pirate101 in KI Live in the coming months. It's a baby step in the right direction, but their limbs are atrophied so we can't expect them to get up and start dancing like Grandpa Joe in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Bug fixes will be very welcome after all this time, anyway.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-04-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-02-2021),Kingurz (05-08-2021),Tomas (05-02-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    I'm glad the Producer laid out the Pirate101 plans for this year in this KI Live:

1. No new world or ANY major update planned at the moment. Given confirmation that Wizard101 will have a new world this fall, I doubt a major update will happen in 2021.

2. Developers are right now working on a mini update for Pirate101 later this summer/fall that will only have bug fixes.

3. Plans for a small update to follow the bug fix update. No teasers on what it is.
    This may sound mean but who cares if they do small bug fixes. It not worth the time or funding without it being connected to a actual content update. And why couldn't the team have been honest years ago about needing another team in order to update pirate101. Personally i believe by the time pirate101 get a update it will be a huge waste of capital as the larger fan base won't come back as there no trust that the update will continue. Kingsisle might as well unplug the server and put that capital into wizard101. The failed to ride the hype and now they see that is was to late.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-04-2021),Kingurz (05-08-2021),monkeycrew (05-03-2021),Willowdreamer (05-04-2021)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    This may sound mean but who cares if they do small bug fixes. It not worth the time or funding without it being connected to a actual content update. And why couldn't the team have been honest years ago about needing another team in order to update pirate101. Personally i believe by the time pirate101 get a update it will be a huge waste of capital as the larger fan base won't come back as there no trust that the update will continue. Kingsisle might as well unplug the server and put that capital into wizard101. The failed to ride the hype and now they see that is was to late.
    People who still play the game regularly care about bug fixes. Those who left years ago for lack of content still return now and again for nostalgia's sake, so there will be those who come back for a bit to check out what will be changed. If it doesn't attract them Kingsisle is no worse off, but if they buy a month's membership or a few Crowns, so much the better.

I'm of two minds about the whole "they should have been honest" thing -- they had good intentions but time got away from them. We've all had that happen with things in our lives, and possibly no one planned to NOT update the game for so long. However, we all know the saying "Failure to plan is a plan for failure." There should have been better, balanced planning to maintain both games, and a much more balanced allocation of resources, but now that's all water under the bridge, long gone.

I think we'd all be interested to see a list of the bug fixes they are considering - to see details is always good, and they are notorious for keeping what's going on a secret. Details are what has been missing, @Bat Masterson, please encourage some good faith disclosures in the coming months.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-04-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-04-2021)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    People who still play the game regularly care about bug fixes. Those who left years ago for lack of content still return now and again for nostalgia's sake, so there will be those who come back for a bit to check out what will be changed. If it doesn't attract them Kingsisle is no worse off, but if they buy a month's membership or a few Crowns, so much the better.

I'm of two minds about the whole "they should have been honest" thing -- they had good intentions but time got away from them. We've all had that happen with things in our lives, and possibly no one planned to NOT update the game for so long. However, we all know the saying "Failure to plan is a plan for failure." There should have been better, balanced planning to maintain both games, and a much more balanced allocation of resources, but now that's all water under the bridge, long gone.

I think we'd all be interested to see a list of the bug fixes they are considering - to see details is always good, and they are notorious for keeping what's going on a secret. Details are what has been missing, @Bat Masterson, please encourage some good faith disclosures in the coming months.

It's highly likely that due to a former contract by former management, Leah/Falmea was under oath and legally contracted to refrain from disclosing any of the information she said now regarding the requirement of a new team for Pirate101 updates. I appreciate the honesty now, as I had a slight hunch that the decision to lay off employees in 2016 would bite the company in the back somehow. Now that the current remaining team members are under new management, the mindset is to not expect immediate changes but to expect an ACTUAL change or 2 in the upcoming future for Pirate101 regardless.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-04-2021),Willowdreamer (05-04-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12