HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Question ~FROM P101 MB~ Favorite and least favorite world aesthetically and gameplay wise?

I wanted for myself and others to be able to respond to this thread in The Tavern on the Pirate101 Message Boards, so here's the thread! Which is your favorite and least favorite World?

Favorite and least favorite world aesthetically and gameplay wise?

FireDolphin2211 wrote on March 8, 2021:

Quote Originally Posted by FireDolphin2211
    What's your favorite and least favorite world that you go to in Pirate 101? You can rank them all from top to bottom or just list your most favorite and least favorite.

I'm honestly really curious as to what people think and to hear all their opinions on the subject!

For me I'd have to say Marleybone is my favorite world aesthetic wise (The war torn skyway with the dramatic music is just great as well as the rainy dark feel on the cities) and gameplay wise (Storming the beach head was great)

For my least favorite I'd have to say Monquista. I just find the whole aesthetic of it not as interesting as other worlds. The gameplay can also be a bit tedious with it's long dungeons. But it doesn't mean I hate Monquista it's just the most underwhelming in my opinion.

Anyway hope to hear what you guys thing!
    As for me, a language and culture lover and aspiring polyglot, it's so hard to choose a favorite. But if I had to choose one, I'd choose Valencia - for many reasons.

1. The name "Valencia" is inspired by the city of Valencia in Spain, which speaks Valencian (also known as a dialect almost exactly similar to Catalan), which is a Romance language that is very similar to both French and Spanish - and, tied with Occitan, just so happens to be my favorite language. (Remember how I always say "diverteix-te" at the end of my posts? That means "have fun" in Catalan. )
    2. Even before I knew about Catalan, I've always loved the World of Valencia because of the Clockworks and the Armada. Don't get me wrong, I am a proud Resistance soldier and firmly believe in fighting the Armada; however, there's something about the Armada that gives me this strange but cool "creepy" vibe. I love it.
    3. What's even cooler about Valencia is its historical references - Renaissance Spain and Italy. Dude. This World is basically a mix of all cultures. I love it so much.
    4. I do agree with the other posters on the main thread that Valencia, Part II was rather plain and anticlimactic; however, I still love the Italian feel that they kept.

I would have to agree with the original poster that Monquista would have to be my least favorite World. Don't get me wrong; I love Spain and I love the feel, but it has always just felt "dry" to me, like a desert with no water. Just plot, plot, plot with no verdant colors or anything unique. I was excited to move out of Monquista and into Cool Ranch. And I love CR, by the way - it just has sooo many different parts of Latin American, Native American, and colonial American cultures and I love it!!!

Anyway, rant over. What's your favorite and least favorite World, aesthetically and gameplay wise?

Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-05-2021),Crushcut (05-04-2021),RealDux (05-04-2021),Willowdreamer (05-05-2021)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: ~FROM P101 MB~ Favorite and least favorite world aesthetically and gameplay wise?

Aquila is a beautiful skyway, but it's small. Monquista and Marleybone got short-changed, too. Cool Ranch is as huge and varied as the American Southwest. For the true Pirate aesthetic, you cannot beat Skull Island.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-05-2021),Sheldon (05-15-2021)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Re: ~FROM P101 MB~ Favorite and least favorite world aesthetically and gameplay wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Aquila is a beautiful skyway, but it's small. Monquista and Marleybone got short-changed, too. Cool Ranch is as huge and varied as the American Southwest. For the true Pirate aesthetic, you cannot beat Skull Island.

Exactly! You just proved why I cannot choose a favorite! They're all so amazing.

Guide to Pet Names | Posting Rank Flag "Guide"

Helpful Aurora Parker,
    Level 70 Swashbuckler. Sig./Avatar by Me; PFP by Dodger.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (05-06-2021)