My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Down for Maintenance and UPDATE!

From the KingsIsle social media site:

Game login access and websites will be under maintenance on June 9 at 3am CT for a couple of hours. This includes a game update to both Wizard101 AND Pirate101.
    Thanks for your patience during this downtime!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (06-09-2021),helena (06-09-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),LuckyDuck (06-13-2021),maple9300 (06-08-2021),RealDux (06-12-2021),Rrrrzzzz419 (06-09-2021),Tomas (06-14-2021)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Re: Down for Maintenance and UPDATE!

UPDATE NOTES:

Hello Pirate Friends,

We’re very excited to be able to resume some development on Pirate101! In this bug fix update, we were able to fix a few dozen of the pesky critters (some of which are not mentioned below because they were simply reinforcing backend stability), add new side quest content with a new farmable boss, and add some other new items not mentioned here that will appear in game later on.

KingsIsle is excited to give some attention to Pirate. We aim to use a subset of the Wizard team for any opportunity we can without impacting Wizard’s release schedule. We are still looking into doing some larger updates, but this will take more resources and time than we have currently. We’ll keep you in the loop on progress with that, but for now, please enjoy Sinbad’s new adventure and a slightly shinier and cleaner Spiral!

With fire,
    Professor Falmea

NEW SINBAD ADVENTURE AND CHIMERA'S ANCHOR WEAPON

A legendary sailor and his crew have come to Skull Island... and they need your help! Does your Pirate have what it takes to win the title of Best Pirate in the Spiral? Take your corner in this quick, no-holds-barred adventure full of thrills, chills, and much crushing.

To get started, your pirate needs to be level 70 and then you can speak to Albano in Avery’s Court to begin the adventure. You can find Albano between the Coin Drop and the Privateer’s Office.

CHANGE NOTES

Companions
    Black Annie Rackham and Verminious Blightbeard: Now recruit at player level
    Charred Privateer: Now has the option to select Soul Shroud as one of their Epic Talents
    Charred Shaman: Replaced duplicate talent with Bloodsucker rank 3 to all promo tiers
    Giordano Bravo: Added proper talent selection at level 32
    Verminious Blightbeard: Added some new housing items and pet snacks to his loot table
    Players can no longer purchase the Yuletide pack if they have already received the companions
    Certain animal type companions were buffed with a new power added to their repertoire
    Adventures
    Fixed the quest helper arrow in the quest ‘Yak Where I Belong’
    Fixed an issue preventing players from turning in the quest ‘Bring Me My Bow’
    ‘Party Barge’ quest now correctly identified as a side quest
    Items and Crown Shop
    Champion Weapons are available for purchase again
    Increased the variety of cheeses offered in the Crown Shop
    Housing item 'All That and a Mooda’ is now sellable
    Added level requirements to all Dark Sea Gear
    Updated the "Scavenging" loot tables for Valencia 2
    Graphics & Audio
    Fixed an issue preventing Flint Locke from displaying the right variety of wares
    Fixed an animation issue when switching between mounts
    Updated the chat word list to include more in-game terms

Let us know what you think of this new Pirate101 update in the discussion forums!

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 06-09-2021 at 11:06 AM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (06-09-2021),helena (06-09-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),LuckyDuck (06-13-2021),luvs2sleepalot (08-14-2021),Tomas (06-09-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Update!!! We're aware of the Sinbad weapon stating 'level 75'. This is incorrect, unfortunately it won't let you use it until we can get a fix in.

Please let us know what else you may see!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat Masterson For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),LuckyDuck (06-13-2021),Rrrrzzzz419 (06-09-2021),Tomas (06-09-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Masterson View Post
    Update!!! We're aware of the Sinbad weapon stating 'level 75'. This is incorrect, unfortunately it won't let you use it until we can get a fix in.

Please let us know what else you may see!
    Hi, Bat - I guess I understand why there was no Experience reward for completing this quest since we're max level when we get it, but shouldn't there have been something as a quest reward? Gold? Training Tome? Nautical xp? Gear? -- THE BELT??? A new Companion from the group in the Pirate Rumble would have been awesome.

Having completed the quest and received minimal rewards, I have to say it's a disappointment.

EDIT: Another disappointment - Scavenging was supposed to be updated to include Level 70 gear, but I'm getting Level 65 Any Class gear instead of class-specific rewards.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 06-10-2021 at 05:16 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

helena (06-11-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),luvs2sleepalot (08-14-2021),Phenoixblizzard (06-10-2021),Tomas (06-14-2021)

LuckyDuck is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bookworm

Thank you for the new adventure, KI! I recently checked in after a long break and this was an unexpected surprise. My brother and I had lost hope in any new story/quest updates for P101, so we're really glad to hear you guys have plans for more content in the future.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyDuck For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (06-15-2021),Tomas (06-14-2021),Willowdreamer (06-14-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Hi, Bat - I guess I understand why there was no Experience reward for completing this quest since we're max level when we get it, but shouldn't there have been something as a quest reward? Gold? Training Tome? Nautical xp? Gear? -- THE BELT??? A new Companion from the group in the Pirate Rumble would have been awesome.

Having completed the quest and received minimal rewards, I have to say it's a disappointment.

EDIT: Another disappointment - Scavenging was supposed to be updated to include Level 70 gear, but I'm getting Level 65 Any Class gear instead of class-specific rewards.

It's "To be Continued", with more parts coming, so hopefully there'll be better rewards coming.
    But it was a little disappointing. I don't like to kick new things in the face, though. And I know there'll be more parts coming.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (06-15-2021),LuckyDuck (06-18-2021)

Vladlen is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    UPDATE NOTES:
    Hello Pirate Friends,

We’re very excited to be able to resume some development on Pirate101! In this bug fix update, we were able to fix a few dozen of the pesky critters (some of which are not mentioned below because they were simply reinforcing backend stability), add new side quest content with a new farmable boss, and add some other new items not mentioned here that will appear in game later on.

KingsIsle is excited to give some attention to Pirate. We aim to use a subset of the Wizard team for any opportunity we can without impacting Wizard’s release schedule. We are still looking into doing some larger updates, but this will take more resources
    and time than we have currently. We’ll keep you in the loop worktime on progress with that, but for now, please enjoy Sinbad’s new adventure and a slightly shinier and cleaner Spiral!

With fire,
    Professor Falmea

NEW SINBAD ADVENTURE AND CHIMERA'S ANCHOR WEAPON

A legendary sailor and his crew have come to Skull Island... and they need your help! Does your Pirate have what it takes to win the title of Best Pirate in the Spiral? Take your corner in this quick, no-holds-barred adventure full of thrills, chills, and much crushing.

To get started, your pirate needs to be level 70 and then you can speak to Albano in Avery’s Court to begin the adventure. You can find Albano between the Coin Drop and the Privateer’s Office.

CHANGE NOTES

Companions
    Black Annie Rackham and Verminious Blightbeard: Now recruit at player level
    Charred Privateer: Now has the option to select Soul Shroud as one of their Epic Talents
    Charred Shaman: Replaced duplicate talent with Bloodsucker rank 3 to all promo tiers
    Giordano Bravo: Added proper talent selection at level 32
    Verminious Blightbeard: Added some new housing items and pet snacks to his loot table
    Players can no longer purchase the Yuletide pack if they have already received the companions
    Certain animal type companions were buffed with a new power added to their repertoire
    Adventures
    Fixed the quest helper arrow in the quest ‘Yak Where I Belong’
    Fixed an issue preventing players from turning in the quest ‘Bring Me My Bow’
    ‘Party Barge’ quest now correctly identified as a side quest
    Items and Crown Shop
    Champion Weapons are available for purchase again
    Increased the variety of cheeses offered in the Crown Shop
    Housing item 'All That and a Mooda’ is now sellable
    Added level requirements to all Dark Sea Gear
    Updated the "Scavenging" loot tables for Valencia 2
    Graphics & Audio
    Fixed an issue preventing Flint Locke from displaying the right variety of wares
    Fixed an animation issue when switching between mounts
    Updated the chat word list to include more in-game terms

Let us know what you think of this new Pirate101 update in the discussion forums!

Hey
    I like this game very much.
    And I already tried new sunbad adventure and chimera`s anchor weapon.
    I really liked all the updates, but something is upsetting me.
    My pirate level is 70, but I can't talk to Albano in Avery's yard to start the adventure.
    This is strange, probably some kind of glitch.Please tell me what could be the problem?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vladlen For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (09-02-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Vladlen View Post
    Hey
    I like this game very much.
    And I already tried new sunbad adventure and chimera`s anchor weapon.
    I really liked all the updates, but something is upsetting me.
    My pirate level is 70, but I can't talk to Albano in Avery's yard to start the adventure.
    This is strange, probably some kind of glitch.Please tell me what could be the problem?
    Hi Vladlen - Welcome to Central!

I'm not sure why your pirate can't talk to Albano - can you see him and his friends in Avery's Court and just can't speak with him? Are you Level 70 but have not yet finished all of the quests in Calabria Skyway and The Machine?

We may need some more information to figure out why this adventure is still out of your reach.

If we can't figure it out, you may need to request help via email from [email protected].

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (09-02-2021)