•  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Stormgate to Krokotopia and p101 community

I have been visiting the p101 community every now and then and it is much more active than I even anticipated. I have heard also sorts of interesting things flying up, including new worlds on the horizon. These include:

• A stormgate to krokotopia has been released in the avalaon skyway (it doesnt work tho yet).
    • A new company aquiring KI and perhaps planning to make it F2P somewhat (bit uncertain on this)
    • Ratbeards also back and potentially wants to nerf blood flames and mojo flow

I have been quite ootl, is there any other interesting thing that I have missed out on? I would like to play this game again and am excited for new worlds, which now actually seems possible???
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 06-11-2021 at 07:32 AM. Reason: asterisks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

helena (06-12-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),RealDux (06-12-2021),Tomas (06-11-2021),Willowdreamer (06-11-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Re: Stormgate to Krokotopia and p101 community

Hi

There have been a few bug fixes, quoted below:

Companions

Black Annie Rackham and Verminious Blightbeard: Now recruit at player level
    Charred Privateer: Now has the option to select Soul Shroud as one of their Epic Talents
    Charred Shaman: Replaced duplicate talent with Bloodsucker rank 3 to all promo tiers
    Giordano Bravo: Added proper talent selection at level 32
    Verminious Blightbeard: Added some new housing items and pet snacks to his loot table
    Players can no longer purchase the Yuletide pack if they have already received the companions
    Certain animal type companions were buffed with a new power added to their repertoire

Adventures
    Fixed the quest helper arrow in the quest ‘Yak Where I Belong’
    Fixed an issue preventing players from turning in the quest ‘Bring Me My Bow’
    ‘Party Barge’ quest now correctly identified as a side quest

Items and Crown Shop
    Champion Weapons are available for purchase again
    Increased the variety of cheeses offered in the Crown Shop
    Housing item 'All That and a Mooda’ is now sellable
    Added level requirements to all Dark Sea Gear
    Updated the "Scavenging" loot tables for Valencia 2

Graphics & Audio
    Fixed an issue preventing Flint Locke from displaying the right variety of wares
    Fixed an animation issue when switching between mounts
    Updated the chat word list to include more in-game terms
    As well as this, Ratbeard is apparently hoping to fix the Cabin Glitch at some point.
    There has also been a bug with the new sinbad quest (see quote below for details of quest) where the weapons were level 75, this will be, or has been, changed to 70, I think.

A legendary sailor and his crew have come to Skull Island... and they need your help! Does your Pirate have what it takes to win the title of Best Pirate in the Spiral? Take your corner in this quick, no-holds-barred adventure full of thrills, chills, and much crushing.

To get started, your pirate needs to be level 70 and then you can speak to Albano in Avery’s Court to begin the adventure. You can find Albano between the Coin Drop Minigame and the Privateer’s Office.
    This questline is a "To be Continued", as in there will be more parts and the assets are already in game.

Ratbeard is hoping to nerf blood flames, that is true.

I do not know Ratbeard personally, but from what I have seen he is very keen on making games challenging. He seems to want people to know what the "best" armor is and that if we are struggling, it means we need to change things up and basically "get good". I feel like blood flames tends to make the game too easy, so it makes sense to nerf this. I think, overall, he just wants the game to be fair and fun for everyone - but in a challenging way. And exploiting things, and making things too easy, does not help him achieve this. Of course, he isn't the only dev either and he does not have control over every aspect of the game.

The company that acquired KI is MGI - they are a company that acquire already established companies. This probably means that while they will have a lot of say in the running of the company, they may still keep a lot of the current team. I think MGI saw potential in KI and wanted to come into to that to get money out of it. We'll have to wait and see, but I feel like MGI might be very profit orientated - they may be looking more to make money out of Wizard101 and Pirate101. And while this means more updates, it will also mean more microtransanctions and monetization of the games. And being that they seek out already established games/companies, there may not be huge changes in terms of the team and direction of the game and it's mechanics.

It's all theorising at this point, but I believe that with MGI, yes, more updates and more monetization - but in terms of a hands on approach to the internal game mechanics, this will still be a developer thing not an MGI thing.

And with the Krokotopia stormgate - there has been a theory that it might help our pirates to discover a new direction. When we think of Krokotopia through the lens of Wizard101, I think it makes sense that we might discover a new direction. I don't think the Devs want to pick back up El Dorado, so it would be nice if we discovered artifacts or hiroglyphs that point us into a cool new storyline.

I'd think while Polaris would be nice and made sense at the time, Krokotopia seems like it could lead to a lot of different possibilities.

Hopefully that's some help. A lot of it is my own opinions and observations, most of it is quoted from links and other sources listed below (the ones that can be listed based off Central Rules).

Some sources:

Here's a post created by Willow about the newsletter of June 2021: http://www.pirate101central.com/foru...021-Newsletter

And here are the update notes: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/...notes/june2021
    Last edited by Tomas; 06-11-2021 at 11:30 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (06-12-2021),helena (06-12-2021),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),RealDux (06-12-2021),Willowdreamer (06-11-2021)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Hi

There have been a few bug fixes, quoted below:

As well as this, Ratbeard is apparently hoping to fix the Cabin Glitch at some point.
    There has also been a bug with the new sinbad quest (see quote below for details of quest) where the weapons were level 75, this will be, or has been, changed to 70, I think.

This questline is a "To be Continued", as in there will be more parts and the assets are already in game.

Ratbeard is hoping to nerf blood flames, that is true.

I do not know Ratbeard personally, but from what I have seen he is very keen on making games challenging. He seems to want people to know what the "best" armor is and that if we are struggling, it means we need to change things up and basically "get good". I feel like blood flames tends to make the game too easy, so it makes sense to nerf this. I think, overall, he just wants the game to be fair and fun for everyone - but in a challenging way. And exploiting things, and making things too easy, does not help him achieve this. Of course, he isn't the only dev either and he does not have control over every aspect of the game.

The company that acquired KI is MGI - they are a company that acquire already established companies. This probably means that while they will have a lot of say in the running of the company, they may still keep a lot of the current team. I think MGI saw potential in KI and wanted to come into to that to get money out of it. We'll have to wait and see, but I feel like MGI might be very profit orientated - they may be looking more to make money out of Wizard101 and Pirate101. And while this means more updates, it will also mean more microtransanctions and monetization of the games. And being that they seek out already established games/companies, there may not be huge changes in terms of the team and direction of the game and it's mechanics.

It's all theorising at this point, but I believe that with MGI, yes, more updates and more monetization - but in terms of a hands on approach to the internal game mechanics, this will still be a developer thing not an MGI thing.

And with the Krokotopia stormgate - there has been a theory that it might help our pirates to discover a new direction. When we think of Krokotopia through the lens of Wizard101, I think it makes sense that we might discover a new direction. I don't think the Devs want to pick back up El Dorado, so it would be nice if we discovered artifacts or hiroglyphs that point us into a cool new storyline.

I'd think while Polaris would be nice and made sense at the time, Krokotopia seems like it could lead to a lot of different possibilities.

Hopefully that's some help. A lot of it is my own opinions and observations, most of it is quoted from links and other sources listed below (the ones that can be listed based off Central Rules).

Some sources:

Here's a post created by Willow about the newsletter of June 2021: http://www.pirate101central.com/foru...021-Newsletter

And here are the update notes: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/...notes/june2021
    Thanks for the very detailed reply!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021),Tomas (06-12-2021)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    Thanks for the very detailed reply!
    No problem, I hope some of it has helped.

It was probably a bit of a word dump - just very happy to be able to talk about Pirate101 with someone for a change! It's so nice to see you back, hopefully you stick around for a bit longer. I know it can be tough though, you're probably used to a more active central.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (06-13-2021)