Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Old players, what years do you feel were the best for Pirate101?

I feel pretty nostalgic about this game. I remember that back in 2014 the maximum level was 65, and people were desperate for the Kane battle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smart Scott Spencer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-08-2022),Willowdreamer (05-16-2022)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Re: Old players, what years do you feel were the best for Pirate101?

For me, it was the Marleybone/Aquila expansion that was most exciting. Being able to continue the original story plan and advance from Level 50 to 65, while exploring two new worlds was so rewarding. Little did we know what the future held in store, but we had such high hopes for completing our mission and our MAP to find El Dorado.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-08-2022),Sheldon (06-21-2022)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    For me, it was the Marleybone/Aquila expansion that was most exciting. Being able to continue the original story plan and advance from Level 50 to 65, while exploring two new worlds was so rewarding. Little did we know what the future held in store, but we had such high hopes for completing our mission and our MAP to find El Dorado.

I feel like 2012-2014 were the best years for Pirate101, but I think that in 2014 the player population kept declining and declining. Oh, and by the way, can you move this thread to the Skull Island Fort section of this forum? I was in this forum so long ago that I forgot that there was the section "Skull Island Fort".
    Last edited by Smart Scott Spencer; 05-16-2022 at 07:53 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smart Scott Spencer For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-08-2022)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Scott Spencer View Post
    I feel like 2012-2014 were the best years for Pirate101, but I think that in 2014 the player population kept declining and declining. Oh, and by the way, can you move this thread to the Skull Island Fort section of this forum? I was in this forum so long ago that I forgot that there was the section "Skull Island Fort".
    True, the player population was declining, but mainly because of the lack of new content or side content activities that were always "something we want to do" (per the developers). Unfortunately, the original team wasn't kept around to keep the game moving forward, and only the most loyal of players stuck it out through the long drought.

We are all hoping once again that they are in fact charting new horizons, but without something like Crafting or Fishing to engage maxed out pirates, even a new world never keeps everyone around after completing the small update.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

True, the player population was declining, but mainly because of the lack of new content or side content activities that were always "something we want to do" (per the developers). Unfortunately, the original team wasn't kept around to keep the game moving forward, and only the most loyal of players stuck it out through the long drought.

We are all hoping once again that they are in fact charting new horizons, but without something like Crafting or Fishing to engage maxed out pirates, even a new world never keeps everyone around after completing the small update.

When do you think that Pirate101 will achieve a lot of players? I didn't play Pirate101 back in 2012 or 2013. I started playing Pirate101 back in 2014. There was an awesome amount of players back in 2014.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Smart Scott Spencer For This Useful Post:

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Bridget Brewster
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Samoorai Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

When do you think that Pirate101 will achieve a lot of players? I didn't play Pirate101 back in 2012 or 2013. I started playing Pirate101 back in 2014. There was an awesome amount of players back in 2014.
    I think it depends on Kingsisle. The new Pirate101 Community Manager, Hawkules, was introduced on the last KI Live stream, and he seems pretty enthusiastic about helping the community grow. Decius shared some artwork for new companion promotions. In the past, they have told us that the resources were not available to create content. It's the decision on their end to be actually committing resources to provide NEW content for Pirate101 that will draw new players into the windlanes. Reskins and "new" gear is all well and good, but unless we have new adventures to use them for...

If we go month after month with promises that don't have any follow-through, we're in the same boat, the same doldrums -- there are a lot of former players who are not going to return until they see an official update announcement.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I think it depends on Kingsisle. The new Pirate101 Community Manager, Hawkules, was introduced on the last KI Live stream, and he seems pretty enthusiastic about helping the community grow. Decius shared some artwork for new companion promotions. In the past, they have told us that the resources were not available to create content. It's the decision on their end to be actually committing resources to provide NEW content for Pirate101 that will draw new players into the windlanes. Reskins and "new" gear is all well and good, but unless we have new adventures to use them for...

If we go month after month with promises that don't have any follow-through, we're in the same boat, the same doldrums -- there are a lot of former players who are not going to return until they see an official update announcement.

I remember that in 2014, Pirate101 players were like: "when is the Kane battle?", and I suppose that they quit just because of that. I think that it was 2014 in which the player population started declining because I started seeing more people offline on my friends list, but I feel optimistic that Pirate101 will have an awesome amount of players just like back in 2014. It makes me sad (and nostalgic as well) that you don't see any ships (not enemy ships) on the skyways. By the way, I think that KingsIsle took a long time just for the Kane battle because they were focusing on Wizard101 more because it has (or had) more players.

Do you feel nostalgic or sad about Pirate101 not having many players?
    Last edited by Smart Scott Spencer; 05-16-2022 at 03:50 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Smart Scott Spencer For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Definitely 2013-2014. I think 2016 honestly was the last good year we had. Right after V2's teaser was the last time it felt exciting for me. Afterwards I only played to max out my Pirates and get Master of Moo, as well as some wiki things. Although with the new format its hard to figure out, and I have other wikis I need to prioritize right now.

The higher ups at KI are extremely incompetent. The reviews on glassdoor just back this up. There is no way 6 years of no expansion on a game would be tolerated anywhere else.

It could've been great. This was sabotage.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-08-2022),Logan (05-19-2022)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    Definitely 2013-2014. I think 2016 honestly was the last good year we had. Right after V2's teaser was the last time it felt exciting for me. Afterwards I only played to max out my Pirates and get Master of Moo, as well as some wiki things. Although with the new format its hard to figure out, and I have other wikis I need to prioritize right now.

The higher ups at KI are extremely incompetent. The reviews on glassdoor just back this up. There is no way 6 years of no expansion on a game would be tolerated anywhere else.

It could've been great. This was sabotage.
    Do you still play Pirate101?

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Do you still play Pirate101?
    I would like to, but as someone who has 6 maxed pirates since like 2018 there is nothing to do. You can only do so many things over and over again.

They can keep adding new quests and new gear but that experience is wasted without a level expansion. This is why I have not finished every single quests across all my pirates either. And my gear has been perfected to my liking, as have my teams.

I cannot spend my money on crowns or membership (which is pointless, as I have all areas bought) as it will go towards nothing. I could do a goal towards having every companion but that money and crowns are going towards no use.

The only thing that may have my interest is the bragging right of master of moo across all 6 of my pirates? But not all of them have done the prerequisite quests, so I do not have the motivation sadly, nor the time, as I am now in college and shouldn't be doing a minimum 2 hour dungeon every day.

So, I would like to, but it will be pointless and wasteful instead of fun and exciting like it used to be.

This is why you need an expansion update.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

19. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast